Do you like Ken Rush as cruise director?

I don't. I found him fairly arrogant and not funny. That being said, I think it is ridiculous that people pick their cruise based on who the CD is and just as ridiculous for people to say they had a terrible cruise because their CD was lackluster.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I don't. I found him fairly arrogant and not funny. That being said, I think it is ridiculous that people pick their cruise based on who the CD is and just as ridiculous for people to say they had a terrible cruise because their CD was lackluster.

...................next cruise take a good look around you........These are some of the same people mostly who smuggle booze, gobble up anything free, gorge themselves at dining venues, "reserve" a whole row of seats in the theater an hour before the entertainment starts and is sucked in by a loyalty program that P.T. Barnum would be envious........Cruising is all some of these people have.......sad isn't it?;)

...................next cruise take a good look around you........These are some of the same people mostly who smuggle booze, gobble up anything free, gorge themselves at dining venues, "reserve" a whole row of seats in the theater an hour before the entertainment starts and is sucked in by a loyalty program that P.T. Barnum would be envious........Cruising is all some of these people have.......sad isn't it?;)

Maybe your point is NOT very clear....at least to me.

Isn't Ken Rush going to be the CD for the Harmony transatlantic?

Yes, his break started this past weekend, and he is scheduled to return in October for the TA (and stay until after the New Year)

What point are you trying to make? Do me a solid and connect the dots between your post and mine, please.

What point are you trying to make? Do me a solid and connect the dots between your post and mine, please.

I think he's just saying that the people you cite, those who "pick their cruise based on who the CD is" or who "say they had a terrible cruise because their CD was lacklustre" are the same ones who smuggle booze etc., etc..

Understanding what's he's saying and agreeing with him are two different things! ;)

• 1 year later...

I've had the pleasure of taking several cruises with Mr Ken Rush as the CD. The comments about him being arrogant are absurd. Is he confident...you bet your sweet a@@ he is. He has every right to be. Between his looks, sense of humor, wit and winning smile, I get why many husbands are jealous. It has to be difficult watching your better half appreciate an Alpha male when he is center stage. I only go on cruises with Mr Ken Rush.

Who are ANY of you to question or judge Mr Ken Rush. He's not in his position by accident. Do you critique Warren Buffet's business acumen or Bill Belichick's coaching decisions. NO. When you encounter greatness, and encounter it you did, you stand silence and soak it in. Some of Mr Rush' humor may have been a bit over your head...and that's okay...but don't knock him because you can't pedal fast enough to keep up with Mr Rush.

He really is just so dynamic...I almost feel like he should be able to leave people at ports if they don't show the appropriate level of respect.

Who are ANY of you to question or judge Mr Ken Rush. He's not in his position by accident. Do you critique Warren Buffet's business acumen or Bill Belichick's coaching decisions. NO. When you encounter greatness, and encounter it you did, you stand silence and soak it in. Some of Mr Rush' humor may have been a bit over your head...and that's okay...but don't knock him because you can't pedal fast enough to keep up with Mr Rush.

He really is just so dynamic...I almost feel like he should be able to leave people at ports if they don't show the appropriate level of respect.

Ken, you gotta switch to decaf...

Rushfan,

You really hit the nail on the head. Ken is the ultimate combination of looks, physique, humor, entertainment and power. I have a feeling that some of these posters had trouble with their significant others laying in bed all week watching ken's "rush hour" tv show over and over. If I had to compare, I'd say he is a combination of Brad Pitt, Frank Sinatra, and Arnold in his prime. I refuse to sail royal Caribbean until they put ken on every cruise they send out, flying him privately from boat to boat while at sea. But I'm just an unbiased observer, so my opinion might not matter...