Do Silversea Care?

Tothesunset

OK. A month ago today we sent a letter of complaint (related to a cruise frm which we had just returned) to SS Guest Relations in Ft Lauderdale. We have had no reply or acknowledgement. I know from another thread that SS seem slower to respond to complaints than they are to take our money. But honestly! A month? Sometimes there seems to be an air of studied amateurishness about their guest management.

So no question or suggestion - just a bit of a rant to let off steam!

OK. A month ago today we sent a letter of complaint (related to a cruise frm which we had just returned) to SS Guest Relations in Ft Lauderdale. We have had no reply or acknowledgement. I know from another thread that SS seem slower to respond to complaints than they are to take our money. But honestly! A month? Sometimes there seems to be an air of studied amateurishness about their guest management.

So no question or suggestion - just a bit of a rant to let off steam!

You have to get to the right person whenever you have an issue with any company.

Aim low and you will always achieve it ;)

You have to get to the right person whenever you have an issue with any company.

Aim low and you will always achieve it ;)

Just sent a copy of the letter with a covering note by email to Manfredi. Can I get higher than that?

A tiny thought - if you sent it snail mail from Lincolnshire, it may not have arrived yet. I am finding transatlantic mail to be more and more unreliable.

It arrived 3 days after I sent it (international tracking) or at least was received by the US Postal Service then.

As an aside why do the British have their post delivered by the Royal Mail and the Americans have their mail delivered by the Postal Service?

Edited by Tothesunset

It arrived 3 days after I sent it (international tracking) or at least was received by the US Postal Service then.

As an aside why do the British have their post delivered by the Royal Mail and the Americans have their mail delivered by the Postal Service?

Good question. We need to get to the bottom of this. Why don't you give the Royal Mail a ring, meanwhile I'll give the Postal Service a call.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Good question. We need to get to the bottom of this. Why don't you give the Royal Mail a ring, meanwhile I'll give the Postal Service a call.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

:)Glad someone got the point!

There is some confusion on my part perhaps ....

Royal Mail only deliver in the UK. They hand over mail to the national postal organisation of the destination country. There part ends when it goes on the plane or boat. They do not deliver mail in the US.

When sending some types of tracked mail overseas Royal Mail tracing ends when it is handed over. However, many or most types of trackable mail can be tracked and picked up by entering the same RM tracking information into the receiving country's mail system. So for example I can track mail to Germany by entering the Royal Mail tracking number into Deutches Post mail system.

The answer to the the OP, is clearly self-evident. They do not care otherwise customer mail would be picked up promptly and answered promptly wouldn't it?

:)

Your question was too subtle. I got it, too. It is the same reason why we drive on the parkway and park on the driveway.

Edited by Zimmy

Our Silversea PCC sent us a welcome back email after our cruise last month. I sent her a reply and basically started and ended the reply with a rave about the great time we had. I even went as far as to single out three or four staff that made our cruise memorable. I did mention a couple of issues we had, like marginal food and slow service in La Terrazza and an issue with had with just one of some 6 or 7 ship sponsored tours we took. About a week and a half later we got what amounts to a letter of apology from Silversea with a future cruise discount certificate. Since it wasn't my point to really complain or seek some kind of compensation I'll have to say I was pleasantly surprised. Rates as pretty good customer service especially since I didn't really mean my email as an outright complaint.

Do I correctly infer that you dealt exclusively with Silversea personnel and did not use a travel agent?

I have a well-cruised colleague who had a similar, fine experience dealing only with Silversea and found the Silversea cruise consultant (a former travel agent) to be far more responsive and knowledgeable than the two travel agencies with which they had previously dealt.

The colleague understood that she and her husband could have enjoyed some financial savings from dealing with a travel agency, but they were fatally burned by previous experience and were very happy with the interaction with the Silversea cruise consultant.

It never occurred to me that -- dealing exclusively with the cruise line -- one might even have more "clout" should an issue arise.

Edited by Observer

Do I correctly infer that you dealt exclusively with Silversea personnel and did not use a travel agent?

I have a well-cruised colleague who had a similar, fine experience dealing only with Silversea and found the Silversea cruise consultant (a former travel agent) to be far more responsive and knowledgeable than the two travel agencies with which they had previously dealt.

The colleague understood that she and her husband could have enjoyed some financial savings from dealing with a travel agency, but they were fatally burned by previous experience and were very happy with the interaction with the Silversea cruise consultant.

It never occurred to me that -- dealing exclusively with the cruise line -- one might even have more "clout" should an issue arise.

I can't speak for the OP but in our case we booked directly with a Silversea personal cruise consultant (PCC). Typically we book through an Internet agency, we have two or three we've booked with, but our Silversea cruises have been a bit more complicated than sailing out and in of Ft Lauderdale. I can't say we're going to make a habit of long and distance cruises, maybe a couple more, but if we pull back to US ports we'll most probably go back to our Internet agencies.

Well done Randy in receiving such a positive response from SS - I hope you did not make reference to the ' Zampone ' !!!!!

We are looking forward to our next Cruise on the Cloud but will miss you both. Continue to have fun.

As the OP I'd like to apologise for the grammatically inaccurate topic heading which should, of course, be ''Does Silversea Care?''.

Either way, the answer is still negative.

Please ... (please ... please ... ) do not start correcting Grandma or Grammar. Otherwise we'll all have to start doing it. I often post after lunch and grammar and the effluence of incahol sometimes adversely infect Grandma to her detriment. We all understand what you meant and it is only saddos who correct.

By the way ... your conclusion was QED.

:)

Further to Randyk47 (post 14) - we have occasionally had to write to Seabourn about problems, but always written in a good humour, and praising what we found good. I am sure this applies to most lines. To our surprise, when we have written in this way we have had friendly and helpful replies, and even completely unsolicited offers of future onboard credit etc. etc.

I do think that being as 'nice' as you can pays off. No one likes receiving a completely negative and unpleasant letter, even though sometimes they are justified.

Further to Randyk47 (post 14) - we have occasionally had to write to Seabourn about problems, but always written in a good humour, and praising what we found good. I am sure this applies to most lines. To our surprise, when we have written in this way we have had friendly and helpful replies, and even completely unsolicited offers of future onboard credit etc. etc.

I do think that being as 'nice' as you can pays off. No one likes receiving a completely negative and unpleasant letter, even though sometimes they are justified.

Wise words! :)

Issues are resolved by individuals. Only dish up to others what you are prepared to eat yourself. Niceness often begets niceness. Nastiness often begets nastiness. You buy from a corporation but resolve with an individual. :)

Very wise words.

Wise words! :)

Issues are resolved by individuals. Only dish up to others what you are prepared to eat yourself. Niceness often begets niceness. Nastiness often begets nastiness. You buy from a corporation but resolve with an individual. :)

Very wise words.

Tried that. Doesn't seem to be working.

Tried that. Doesn't seem to be working.

Just noticed that you are (a) practically a neighbour, and (b) obviously a keen Silversea supporter generally, with so many under your belt and more booked. In view of (b), very surprised to hear of your continuing problems with SS. Does this mean you are thinking of cancelling your future cruises with them perhaps?