When do you unpack for a seven night or longer cruise?

HB Cruiser

When do you unpack for a 7 night or longer cruise?

a) as soon as the luggage gets to your cabin

b) before dinner first night

c) after dinner or late first night

d) first full day of cruising.

e) we don't unpack, we work out of suitcases.

I always unpack as soon as possible to let the wrinkles fall out of our clothes but hate wasting time that first day. Just kinda curious.

Tim

I always unpack as soon as possible to let the wrinkles fall out of our clothes but hate wasting time that first day. Just kinda curious.

Tim

Typically the first night before we go to bed or the following morning. We usually are out and about checking out the boat and seeing who is performing where the first night. We bring the wrinkle remover spray and just use that as needed for the bad stuff.

Tim

We do it as soon as possible. We grab a beverage of choice and just dig in. It really doesn't take that long. I do stack things in the suitcase in piles, so it's easy to grab a pile of Tshirts and shove in a drawer. It does take a bit of time to hang up blouses, etc. But I really think it only takes about 15 minutes, and then it's DONE and time to party.

Like most other responders, as soon as! We usually arrive on ship by lunchtime and as soon as the announcement is made, we go to room, unpack and enjoy the rest of our trip until we have to sadly repack. Don't empty it so quickly once we are home!!

For all lengths of cruises as soon as our luggage gets to our room which lately has been before 2. That way, everything is put away before muster and we can be on vacation immediately.

Edited by BND

Carnival offers FTTF (priority luggage) so we got our bags midday after we had discovered the ship and had lunch we then unpacked and still had a full 2 hours before muster and sail away at 4pm.

I liked getting unpacked and enjoying the first night.

Edited by Velvetwater

e) we don't unpack, we work out of suitcases-mostly.

Everything including makeup and bathroom articles are in their own cases so I do pull those out. Slacks and formals are hung, but most everything else, I leave in the suitcase-not stacked-but "filed" standing in rows in plastic baggies that I can easily see and pull out as needed. Worn items may then go in the closet if I need to have them for another day. Makes it so much easier to leave on the seventh day.

I've often been travelling for a week or two before hand so its great to bring some order to the chaos that is my suitcase.

And just to brag - I'm in Slovakia, working my way through a few European countries to my way Legend in 7 days. yahhh for me!!!!:D And yes my suitcase is already in chaos.

Raina

ASAP. I pack for a month, but I can unpack in 10 minutes. Our hanging stuff is already on hangers, so just take it out and it goes right to the closet. I'm not neat, I just fly through it. DH hands me stuff and I stow it. We work as a team. Faster to the alcohol and fun!! I'm so excited, the adrenaline makes it a snap. I don't usually put things away in the bathroom, just get the baggies out of the suitcases and throw them in there. I put things away neatly after sailaway.

Margee