Wear Formal Outfit Twice?

This question is probably for the ladies, but men can jump in too. Has anyone worn the same formal outfit more than once on a cruise? I'm going on a cruise that might have 3 formal dinners. I hoped I could get away with just 2 outfits. (They're both formal gowns, so can't get away with changing tops.)

Perfectly fine!

The only consideration I can think of is if you are going to get a photo package, you will have a lot of pics with you wearing the same outfit. Not really a show stopper, but something to be considered.

This question is probably for the ladies, but men can jump in too. Has anyone worn the same formal outfit more than once on a cruise? I'm going on a cruise that might have 3 formal dinners. I hoped I could get away with just 2 outfits. (They're both formal gowns, so can't get away with changing tops.)

I doubt anyone would notice or care.

Don't worry about it - it's absolutely fine- I've found with luggage restrictions on flights these days one has to be more frugal with packing etc, and I have doubled up on more than one occasion.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have never done so - but see no reason why not - perhaps different jewelry, hair style (thinking up do versus down, if possible) , a shawl or wrap. I usually wear same skirt with different tops. You don't see too many formal gowns any more, depending on the cruise line and destination. I wouldn't worry too much. I think it's great to see people dressed for dinner and applaud you for caring.

Do socks count?

DW does this (recycles the same formal dress), she just changes out the add-on items like necklace, scarf, etc. to make it look a little different. For me, it's definitely the same suit but a different tie and MAYBE a different dress shirt. ;)

I do it every cruise. I have different wraps and jewelry that offer enough variety

Of course, but darn it if it isn't a little snug the second formal night. Hmm. Never could figure that one out. ;)

Exposure to salt air.

:):D Never did either - OK salt air - Like!.:):D

Edited by jaspercat

I had to think to try to remember what I wore on our last cruise. It took one pair of dressy black pants and two tops. One had sequins and the other was a lace top. I've even gone to dressy black flats in place of heels. I can wear the black flats on casual and formal nights, cutting down on shoes and making me a little more sure-footed on some of the slippery surfaces on the ship. Men wear same black suit with different shirt and ties. On one of our cruises, my SIL forgot black dress socks. Fortunately my Dad had carried 3 new pair of dress socks and he snagged a pair of his and washed them out before formal night two. We've learned to go with the flow and not to stress out. We see people dressed more formally than us and more casually. I would have no problem repeating.

Kind of. My daughter and I just traded; she wore mine and I wore hers. But if we weren't the same size then yes I would. I'm sure there are lots of "proper" people on here who would disagree but if it doesn't bother you to wear the same thing twice, then who cares what other people think.

Edited by ColoradoGurl