washer & dryer on summit ?

sullyd

Just to cover the bases, no laundry rooms on any Celebrity ships, no ironing facilities and irons and steamers are forbidden and will be confiscated if seen. Heres a link with laundry prices.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/frequently-asked-questions

Of late I have been using Downey Wrinkle Release and it works good enough. I hate to mention it though as I could forsee Celebrity finding a reason to ban it if it lessons use of their laundry service....

No self-service laundry on any Celebrity ship (Saints be praised).

Not sure why you say "Saints be praised". Even if they had it, you wouldn't have to use it. I've never used it on a cruise, but it wouldn't bother me if it existed. In fact having that option, should the need ever arise, might be a small positive in my eyes.

Not sure why you say "Saints be praised". Even if they had it, you wouldn't have to use it. I've never used it on a cruise, but it wouldn't bother me if it existed. In fact having that option, should the need ever arise, might be a small positive in my eyes.

Well, for me, that would just be one more cabin area (along with the obstructed view balconies) that I would have to study the deck plans, to avoid booking. Don't want to be anywhere near the laundry room -- on a cruise ship or hotel! :rolleyes:

Of late I have been using Downey Wrinkle Release and it works good enough. I hate to mention it though as I could forsee Celebrity finding a reason to ban it if it lessons use of their laundry service....

Another option which works quite well (have used the trick for years in probably hundreds of hotels for business travel) is to hang the items you want to "de-wrinkle" in the bathroom, turn the shower on full hot, close the door and let the clothes steam for 15 minutes or so. Make sure you have enough time to let them hang another hour or two so there's no residual dampness by the time you want to wear them. This has become part of my normal bedtime routine any time I'm in a hotel (or cruise ship cabin!)

For 1 week, I can just make use of sink and hang dry-

Dh and I were on a great Reflection cruise- Greek Isles- June 2013- 10 days-

Our cabin looked like a laundry facility. We managed sink- 2 days hang dry- fluff and fold with hair dryer.

I can only use hyper allergenic soap suds. Most of my clothes I would not put in a dryer for more than a few minutes to fluff and fold. I would happily, even though I hate spending the money for it- send out my laundry if I can specify, cold water wash, light dry, etc. I know many others who won't send out their laundry for the same reason.

Princess, Regent, Oceania, have very convenient self service laundry. I prefer Celebrity and will put up with no self serve for 1 week cruise or a longer one only if there is one port where after 5 days or so I can spend 2 hours of the day doing my own laundry. Still glad we did the Reflection -inspite of what our cabin looked like for 3 days of wash and hang dry!

Once you wash your clothing items, roll them in a bath or pool towel for an hour. This will remove most of the moisture; and will allow your clothes to dry quickly.

Just ensure that you don't leave these rolled towels in plain sight of the cabin attendant....

If you must, send clothes to the ship laundry or rinse in your cabin. On a one week cruise, you shouldn't need to wash very much. If your cruise is longer, there are many types of materials that was and dry quickly. Do a test wash and dry at home before selecting travel clothing. Also, hairdryer can help dry clothing. Great for socks. I wish that Celebrity offered unlimited laundry like HAL or Windstar. Best cruise that I ever took was on Windsurf. With unlimited laundry everyday same day, I came home with clean clothes that I put away. I didn't have to spend time unpacking and washing clothes. Best money ever spent on any cruise ship.

I agree with Earthworm Jim. Why should it bother someone if someone else washes their clothes. If I remember correctly there was a self-serve laundry just down the hall from our balcony cabin on the Caribbean Princess. We did not find it bothersome, and actually used it once to wash some of my favorite t-shirts that I wanted to wear. I had to chuckle at the comment made about having to deal with one more deck plan layout. Really? LOL :)

I agree with Earthworm Jim. Why should it bother someone if someone else washes their clothes. If I remember correctly there was a self-serve laundry just down the hall from our balcony cabin on the Caribbean Princess. We did not find it bothersome, and actually used it once to wash some of my favorite t-shirts that I wanted to wear. I had to chuckle at the comment made about having to deal with one more deck plan layout. Really? LOL :)

I agree, these conversations always turn ridiculous. The high end lines manage just fine to have laundry rooms. I've never been bothered by the noise from one on Princess and love having an ironing facility.

Other lines do lots of thing Celebrity doesn't. Celebrity does lots of things other lines don't. If you need a self serve laundry to have a good cruise, find a ship that has one but these endless conversations aren't going to change things at any of the lines

Well, chuckle all you wish, but I do (and it was my comment) put a LOT of work into cabin selection. :cool:

I don't want to be near elevators, view-obstructive window washing equipment, OR a noisy laundry room! And, while I'm sure that it was no problem having a laundry room "just down the hall", I would suggest that it might have been different if it was right next door to your cabin. ;)

other lines do lots of thing celebrity doesn't. Celebrity does lots of things other lines don't. If you need a self serve laundry to have a good cruise, find a ship that has one but these endless conversations aren't going to change things at any of the lines

+ 1

Agree. If clothes get wrinkled there are simple ways of getting the wrinkles out. If something is wrinkled that bad or needs washing use the ships laundry service. Their rates aren’t bad. Our limited Cruise time is worth a lot more to us than sitting in a laundry room doing laundry. I only take one dress shirt for a 14 night Cruise. Each time after I wear it I send it off to the ships laundry to be washed and pressed. It’s always back before the next formal evening. We’ve sailed princess and have never used their self-laundry.

Edited by davekathy

Does this stuff actually exist?

A couple of years ago when we cruised from Fort Lauderdale, we searched every store we could think of to try and get some of this. We tried everywhere from Wallgreen's to Macy's and even went and looked in the Dollar Tree:o

None of the sales assistants had a clue what we were talking about.

We even asked some of our American friends who we were sailing with and they had also never heard of anything like this before:confused:

A couple of years ago when we cruised from Fort Lauderdale, we searched every store we could think of to try and get some of this. We tried everywhere from Wallgreen's to Macy's and even went and looked in the Dollar Tree:o

We even asked some of our American friends who we were sailing with and they had also never heard of anything like this before:confused:

We use it occasionally. Yes it does work as long as your clothes aren’t wrinkled extremely badly. Just google “Downey Wrinkle Releaser”.

Edited by davekathy

I heard that you can make your own version of Downy Wrinkle Release by mixing a tablespoon of liquid fabric softener per cup of water, and pouring it into a spray bottle.

Have not had occasion to try this myself yet as I still have plenty of Downy Wrinkle Release.

Just another thought: if you post on your roll call that you would like to try Downy Wrinkle Release but can't find any, there will probably be somebody else bringing some on your cruise who will be happy to share it with you.

It is widely available at American supermarkets/grocery stores in the section with the laundry detergents.