How many of you are taking advantage of $1.00 deposits today?

CineGraphic

Eastern Caribbean Voyager (10 days) - Caribbean Princess - May 2018

I booked this morning for May 2018 under the Red, White and Blue sale for a $1.00 deposit. Unfortunately, I realized too late that there is a $100 cancellation fee (per person) after booking if you book and put down a $1.00 deposit under the Red, White and Blue sale...so although it's only $1.00 deposit, it is $100/pp if you cancel after booking....I totally missed this one...It is a bit tricky on the part of Princess, but the booking is on me....it got by me in my enthusiasm to book earlier than I usually would for only $1.00...

Advantage Princess....

I was really tempted to book that month-long South Pacific cruise out of Australia but the sticker shock (including thinking about the flight to Australia) was just too much. I settled on:

2019 Cruises: Star Princess, March (Hawaii)

2018 Cruises: Sapphire Princess, May (Spain and France); Emerald Princess, August (Alaska); Coral Princess, December (Panama Canal)

2017 Cruises: None - I have enough booked already

I can't say with 100% certainty they will all work with my budget and schedule but I am fairly confident with so much advance notice I can make it work. Just have to talk my husband into paying his half - that's going to be the hard part!!! Luckily, with such a small deposit, I didn't have to worry about losing much in the worst-case scenario, and I can afford them right now, making these bookings possible!

Eastern Caribbean Voyager (10 days) - Caribbean Princess - May 2018

I booked this morning for May 2018 under the Red, White and Blue sale for a $1.00 deposit. Unfortunately, I realized too late that there is a $100 cancellation fee (per person) after booking if you book and put down a $1.00 deposit under the Red, White and Blue sale...so although it's only $1.00 deposit, it is $100/pp if you cancel after booking....I totally missed this one...It is a bit tricky on the part of Princess, but the booking is on me....it got by me in my enthusiasm to book earlier than I usually would for only $1.00...

Advantage Princess....

I saw another post about the 100.00, but if you've only paid 1.00, where are they going to get the other 99.00 from?

I saw another post about the 100.00, but if you've only paid 1.00, where are they going to get the other 99.00 from?

Princess has your credit card # and you agreed to the $100 cancellation fee pp when you booked.

Sept 2018 Pacific Northwest cruise, on the Grand from San Fran. Only time I've ever seen this itinerary. Hubby has never been to Canada and I've never been to Astoria Oregon or Seattle Washington. Looks like an interesting trip!

Feb 2019 Caribbean Princess 14 day Western/Eastern, then disembark and get right on the Coral 15 day Panama Canal to Los Angeles. This is our 2-part Retirement Cruise, 29 days in all.

I booked the 3/26/19 repositioning cruise for the Majestic Princess. My husband and I tend to spend a lot of time in our cabin and on the balcony so the negative reviews/lack of bars aren't as much of a concern to us.

If you've taken advantage of the $1.00 deposit today, let's hear what you booked,

Inquiring minds want to know!

Booked six cruises

Two in fall 2018 Hawaii or Coastal on the Emerald Princess

Four for Spring 2019 2 7 day Mexico B2B on the Royal

or a 7 day Mexico B2B with a Coastal on the Royal .

Booked 14 day Caribbean East/West Adventurer Jan 19, 2019. Have been waiting for a cruise to get back to Roatan which is one of our favorite ports because of a place called Little French Key! Very excited to get back there on the Royal!

We did. Were able to rebook our recently booked b2b. We have 2 cabins on each segment so we saved $952 in deposits. Since the cruise is over a year out it's nice not to tie up the money or add to our cc debt.

6/30/18 Caribbean Princess and 7/7/18 Caribbean Princess.

Nope, nope, nope. Booked none. Have two booked already under the Sip and Sail. Will likely just sit on those and then check for a good "drop and go" next winter. (Unless, of course, a killer deal pops up with another Sip and Sail...) I just don't see the $1 thing as being of any real advantage to me as I always use FCD when booking.

Nope, nope, nope. Booked none. Have two booked already under the Sip and Sail. Will likely just sit on those and then check for a good "drop and go" next winter. (Unless, of course, a killer deal pops up with another Sip and Sail...) I just don't see the $1 thing as being of any real advantage to me as I always use FCD when booking.

I'm with you. First, It's not like the $1 deposit is saving money, you're just delaying when you have to layout a relatively small percentage of the total cruise fare. Second, I always have FCD's so I'm not laying out any money at the time of booking plus I get the OBC.

I realize many book multiple cruises, not intending to necessarily keep all of them. However, that's not something I personally want to do at this point. Plus, if there's a non-refundable $100 fee for cancelling I'm definitely not interested in this strategy.

But of course, everybody's situation and priorities are different. :D