Nordstrom's

Lois R

We got "Nordstrom's Rack" about a year ago and I have been a few

times but to be honest, not really impressed.

This weekend we are getting the first "real" Nordstrom's in the area:D

They have been in the construction mode for a long time.....the store

opens Friday:)......along with a few other new stores......Boston Proper

is coming too:).........it is all right near where I live:D

Yay Lois, good for you! Nordstrom started here in Seattle so I've been shopping there my entire life. I'm not fond of The Rack stores - they seem a bit "messy" to me but you can get good deals there. Enjoy!

Hi Sandy,:) that is definitely a good word for it....the store seems

messy to me as well....... I am quite sure the regular store is a bit

neater;)

Rack stores I've been to vary tremendously in how neat they are and the quality/availability of merchandise, similar to Marshalls, TJ Maxx etc. Depends on local management (and I'm sure stock depends somewhat on local demographics as well).

I don't shop much in store (love that I can get Nordstrom Rack online now!) but I've had decent luck there when I've gone. And I love Nordstrom - great customer service and fabulous sales during the year. (though I don't shop there much either - both stores are about 60 miles from my house - I'll go if I order stuff online and want to return it and try another size on, or if there are multiple stores in the area I want to visit, but that's only maybe 3 times a year....)

I find Nordstrom Rack is best for purses, accessories and makeup/beauty items. The clothes are way too much of a mess and I never seem to be able to understand the organization system they use for the clothes.

I love "regular" Nordstrom for work apparel as the quality is great and I like the calm atmosphere of the stores. Nordstrom also ships free and they accept online returns in the store. I will usually make a Nordstrom online "haul" twice a year and then return the pieces in store where I can then peruse the makeup counters.

Hi Lois!

I was at Nordstrom Rack yesterday and bought shoes. I often buy shoes there because they're first run, and occasionally they'll have some in narrow widths.

But Nordstrom ... I buy my shoes there because the service is fantastic and they stock some beautiful brands. Expensive, but generally extremely good quality that lasts. I bought a pair of Paul Green boots there and they feel like slippers.

Nordies does have fun makeup specials twice a year where they will do a total makeover for free. My favourite was one by Dior ... Great makeup application, and then they told me that it would only cost me $1,100 to buy all of the products. A bargain!

Must say that I'm often disappointed in the clothes. The more affordable clothes are styled for juniors. They have some lovely stuff for women over 40 - but it's expensive. I will walk through but wind up heading out in the mall if I want clothes. Perhaps it's just our local buyers are only interested in money from 20 year olds?

Nordstrom's has beautifully displayed merchandise, immaculate restrooms, a nice coffee shop and in some Nordstrom's an excellent restaurant. But not all Nordstrom's are equal. Some are smaller than others. Some of the restaurants differ in that some are full service and some are more like a cafeteria, though the food is still good.

Twice a year Nordstrom has amazing sales, including shoes. That is the very best time to shop there. In the fall, they have a huge pre-season sale with introductory prices for new merchandise. Buy then. They really do raise the prices in a week or two.

We eat at restaurant quite often, but I confess that I head out to the mall and go to favorites such as Talbot's, Ann Taylor and Chico's. If Nordstrom isn't having a big sale, I feel I get better values at Dillard's.

We've had Nordstroms for about 10 yrs in Boca Raton. I've never even tried on any clothing...either I don't like anything or it's too expensive. On the other hand, the shoes,cosmetics, and accessories depts are awesome. I've been to Nordstroms Rack a bunch of times but never purchased anything other than jeans (which I rarely wear because they don't look great).

I used to love shopping in Nordstrom, mostly the shoes and cosmetics and the occasional clothing. I haven't been in a while but last I went most of the styles didn't appeal to me. I still think it's one of the better stores to shop in though so I would definitely give it a try.

I haven't been in a Nordstrom's in years and years so I am definitely going

to take a look:D......I have read about the restaurant AND bar inside too;)

I may not go this weekend though.....it is probably going to be slammed

so I will wait a few weeks....or maybe go next week after work one day.

But going the first weekend of opening? No thanks.....you probably won't

be able to get to the counter;)

Our Nordstrom Rack is very nice! I bought a suitcase there that I totally love! When it comes to Nordstrom, I usually buy items online and have them sent to the house unless I happen to be in Annapolis or Towson. I love the clearance rack....good prices and nice clothing. I just bought a pair of slacks and cute blouse for the upcoming cruise and had a $25 coupon to take off the items. I probably would shop there more if they had my sizes readily available....easier to just buy online.

Interesting that they are opening a store in Jacksonville; they just closed the one in Orlando (in August). It was a smaller store and didn't have the fabulous shoe dept. I've seen in larger Nordstroms.

I like the Rack for shoes and accessories such as sunglasses. The clothes appear shopworn to me, especially if they are on a clearance rack. And the Rack near me also has a lot of "junior" stuff, or maybe as I age, everything looks junior. :rolleyes:

We got "Nordstrom's Rack" about a year ago and I have been a few

times but to be honest, not really impressed.

This weekend we are getting the first "real" Nordstrom's in the area:D

They have been in the construction mode for a long time.....the store

opens Friday:)......along with a few other new stores......Boston Proper

is coming too:).........it is all right near where I live:D

Our experience is that Nordstrom Rack works for our young adult kids. For us it has never worked as we prefer Nordstrom's. What we do find to be great is Last Call Stores as many of the items were not bought for that store but rather are items that were consolidated and continued to be marked down from Neiman Marcus stores.

Keith

The shoes are the best! Agree, wait for the semi-annual sale unless you have a hard to fit foot. I do better for clothes at Chicos

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Did you know that Nordstroms started out as a shoe store way back when and then evolved into what it is today? Their flagship store is in downtown Seattle but I must admit I don't go there anymore during my lunchhours. I'm more of a Macys gal now.

Hi Lois!

I was at Nordstrom Rack yesterday and bought shoes. I often buy shoes there because they're first run, and occasionally they'll have some in narrow widths.

But Nordstrom ... I buy my shoes there because the service is fantastic and they stock some beautiful brands. Expensive, but generally extremely good quality that lasts. I bought a pair of Paul Green boots there and they feel like slippers.

Nordies does have fun makeup specials twice a year where they will do a total makeover for free. My favourite was one by Dior ... Great makeup application, and then they told me that it would only cost me $1,100 to buy all of the products. A bargain!

Must say that I'm often disappointed in the clothes. The more affordable clothes are styled for juniors. They have some lovely stuff for women over 40 - but it's expensive. I will walk through but wind up heading out in the mall if I want clothes. Perhaps it's just our local buyers are only interested in money from 20 year olds?

I find that's the case in many stores. Most of the cute dresses are in tiny sizes, and anything in size 12 and up seems to be dowdy.

I shop at Nordstrom's about twice a year when Clinique has its big sale. I just received a notice in the mail today that Nordstrom Rack opened in the mall about a mile from my house. I think I will head down there and check it out tomorrow.

What have I got to lose? Well, other than some money. LOL

I'll hit up Nordy for Eileen Fisher stuff. And, I'll do the one women's section for the Caslon basics (Ts, tanks). I buy my undies there (I love their Shimera brand). I buy most of my shoes there, too. If I ever need something formal or very upscale, I imagine I'll go there, too. Back in the 80s, they had a Women's Tailored Clothing department; I had my entire work wardrobe from there.

I don't mind paying the price - they are classic clothes and last forever. I'd rather pay once and have a piece for 10 years than go elsewhere and buy something for half the price that only lasts a year or two.

I have a Rack about 30 miles away. Just like the TJ Maxx here, it's all junk and all very poorly organized. I did pick up some Bliss products there that I gave for my Secret Santa gifts. I keep hearing about all the good stuff round at the Rack and TJ Maxx and I think I must have verrrrrry different tastes...

I also go to Nordstroms ' for their huge Eileen Fisher selection and the shoe department,especially for the twice yearly sales. The Nordstrom Rack near us is good for handbags but not clothing. Online shopping can be amazingly easy especially if a size is uniform for you. I have had no difficulty with returns. I have had some clothing for over ten years that has been laundered repeatedly and has held up well. It is worth it,to me, to pay a little more for things that will last.

I shop everywhere from large dept stores, to small boutiques to target and marshalls for everyday clothing, but Nordstrom is the one store I can depend on when I need a dress for formal night cruising. They always have a large selection, and yes,,the pricing can be high, but they are well made and I wear them on more than one cruise.

The other thing I truly appreciate about Nordstrom is their customer service. They will make small alterations for free, they will hunt down your size and get it sent to you and they have a no questions asked return policy. In a time when retail stores have forsaken customer service for the lowest price, Norsdtrom is king!

Well, of course the new store made the local news;) and there were

ALOT of women waiting for the doors to open. I think I will wait a bit

before checking it out and oh, by the way, the Manager was interviewed

and he made sure to say they started out as a shoe store:D....the other

items only started about 30 years ago......oh and this store has 5 different

shoe departments:eek:

I love Rack for shoes. I always have good luck there. They just opened a new location in Las Vegas yesterday but haven't been yet. I'm sure it's a madhouse right now. I once scored a pair of worn and refinished pair of Balenciaga booties for $70! Originally over $1000. Also recently got a pair of beautiful embellished Badgley Mischka pumps for $40. I actually returned them when I first bought them for $99. I came back a few weeks later and they were still there marked down to $40! :D

Rack isn't that messy for discount stores. Have you been to Ross lately? OMG almost every location looks like a tornado went through it. TJ Maxx and Marshalls is a bit better, but I think Rack has more current stuff.

I don't like the regular Nordstrom stores bc the stuff is way too expensive and I don't think the styles are edgy enough to warrant those prices. It's just pricey bc of the name on the label.