Interesting -- Re: Oasis Dry Dock Changes

Cindy

I read this earlier tonight on the Royal Caribbean FB page. It was posted by Royal Caribbean in response to a question:

Royal Caribbean International Hi Nic, Dynamic Dining will go live on Oasis of the Seas in early 2015.

Traditional dining consists of two dining times (Main and Late) in a Main Dining Room. The Dynamic Dining experience encompasses the entire landscape of new unique dining venues. The new philosophy is simple: Give our guests more options, more flexibility, more control over their dining experience. The dining experience on Oasis has been reimagined as four main complimentary restaurants, each with their own distinctive menu and ambiance. There are no set dining times, no required formal nights, no assigned seats. Deck 3 will be American Icon Grill, Deck 4 will be The Grande Restaurant, Deck 5 will be Silk. Coastal Kitchen will be added on Deck 17.

Like · Reply · 2 · September 13 at 8:06pm

Edited by Cindy

I read this earlier tonight on the Royal Caribbean FB page. It was posted by Royal Caribbean in response to a question:

Royal Caribbean International Hi Nic, Dynamic Dining will go live on Oasis of the Seas in early 2015.

Traditional dining consists of two dining times (Main and Late) in a Main Dining Room. The Dynamic Dining experience encompasses the entire landscape of new unique dining venues. The new philosophy is simple: Give our guests more options, more flexibility, more control over their dining experience. The dining experience on Oasis has been reimagined as four main complimentary restaurants, each with their own distinctive menu and ambiance. There are no set dining times, no required formal nights, no assigned seats. Deck 3 will be American Icon Grill, Deck 4 will be The Grande Restaurant, Deck 5 will be Silk. Coastal Kitchen will be added on Deck 17.

Thanks for the info. Interesting about Deck 17. According to Israel, current Concierge, the CL will be moved to deck 17. Speculation is that the current CL will be converted to a restaurant. Coastal Kitchen sounds logical.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is interesting to hear that there will be four distinct restaurants. Prior comments were just three restaurants. I guess they added Coastal Kitchen on Deck 17 for suite guest. Thanks for posting this update.

Thanks for the info. Interesting about Deck 17. According to Israel, current Concierge, the CL will be moved to deck 17. Speculation is that the current CL will be converted to a restaurant. Coastal Kitchen sounds logical.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

That is interesting to hear that there will be four distinct restaurants. Prior comments were just three restaurants. I guess they added Coastal Kitchen on Deck 17 for suite guest. Thanks for posting this update.

I thought it was interesting because it was the most specific information I've seen coming directly in writing from an "official" source. I assumed there would be a venue for suites, and this was a bit of a different twist on what I had read before, which was CL to 17, and the suites restaurant to the CL. I have no idea which scenario (if either) is correct, and I realize that if the same question was posted on FB today RCI could respond completely differently!:eek::rolleyes:

I'm still a little puzzled as to why the Oasis changes seem to be shrouded in secrecy.:confused: You would think that just two weeks from dry dock, new deck plans would be released and they would be touting the upcoming improvements.

Edited by Cindy

i was going to change our 6 PM seating to My Time Dining for our April cruise. Guess that won't be necessary. Any ideas on how they will do the gratuities? Will they be added to final payment or daily during the cruise? I'm really curious to see how this is going to work.

Sorry if I missed something: How is this going to happen, as Oasis has her dry dock in a few days ... ?

Are those changes that minor so she can be converted adhoc along a cruise ? Or will she be off for another few days in early 2015 ?

Oh and any info yet about O3+O4 as I assume they will have this all already from their birth on ... ?!

Edited by ChristianDecker

I guess when I go cruising again, I'm going to rule the Oasis out. I'm so glad I went on her when she was brand new. That was a great experience. If DD goes fleet wide or at least to all the Navigator class and above, Princess is sounding more and more attractive to me. I'm rather sad about that since I love the RCI ships so much. I refuse to sail on the older smaller ships.

Yes, it is interesting to see that Coastal Kitchen will be on deck 17, along with the new CL - a suite enclave ;) I would imagine that the current CL will become one of the new speciality restaurants - the venue lends itself to that.

Disappointed that Chic will not be one of the DD restaurants but since they are using one of each of the floors of the MDR I suppose there's nowhere to put it. I wonder if they'll keep the same 3 restaurants for Allure or choose Chic over one of the others.

Edited by Bobal

The more I read about these Oasis "upgrades" the more it looks as though the VCL is history on Oasis. I kind of understand, it is an under utilized venue however I enjoyed going up there on occasion for the view. There are so few good indoor ocean views on Oasis. I'll still hold out hope that a little piece of the VCL will remain for the ship's general public but it seems to me like most of the Oasis upgrades are nothing more than adding cabins & exclusive areas at the expense of public areas. Of course none of this has been confirmed because, as usual, RCI feels the need to make any changes TOP SECRET!

Yeah, I'd prefer Chic to Silk. It seems having both Izumi and Chic is a bit redundant but oh well. Also waiting to hear official word on Coastal Kitchen and the new CL. Last I heard, the rumor was Coastal Kitchen was going on Deck 11/12 where the CL is now. And that the CL was moving to Deck 17. Guess we will know more in about a month!

I like the changes but get annoyed when they say "four main complementary restaurants," knowing full well that Coastal Kitchen is only available for guests in JSs and above. So, for the vast majority of passengers on board, the number won't actually be four on Oasis.

I like the changes but get annoyed when they say "four main complementary restaurants," knowing full well that Coastal Kitchen is only available for guests in JSs and above. So, for the vast majority of passengers on board, the number won't actually be four on Oasis.

We have a JS in March, looking forward to coastal kitchen, but no indication on website that we have any opportunity to make dining reservations yet. Will CK be doing breakfast like old CL did?

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

The spectulations are just crazy about dry dock and I really wish RCCL would just tell us what is going on already!!!

One would think that a pax who is fully paid and cruising within the first few sailings after dry-dock would know what's going on... (but alas, I don't...) :(

I am waiting to hear from the passengers on Quantum about DD. It may turn out to be great. At this point I don't know and will not make any judgements. I know my dh will love the idea of no formal night. But as for me, I am taking a wait and see attitude.

I don't think there's much doubt that there will be no VCL moving forward on Oasis (or Allure after her drydock). It's not even part of the design of Quantum or Anthem. Beautiful, but underused spaces.

I'm not a fan of the concept of DD, but have to admit I want to see how it works in the "real world" and try it myself before I pass judgment. I don't see the point of giving up my favorite cruise line over something that only takes up 2 hours of my cruise day.

If this is old news, I apologize. I've posted some of the information below on a couple Oasis change threads earlier. Hoping that some of this will be news to some of you that are wondering about the Oasis after drydock.

Just returned from the Oasis crossing from Fort Lauderdale to Barcelona. Had a conversation with the Food & Beverage manager at the D+/Pinnacle officers lunch. He answered every question I asked but I did not ask anything about switching to Dynamic Dining.

This is probably "unoffial" but this is what he told us.

1) Concierge lounge is going to replace the Viking Crown Lounge on deck 17. He mentioned that a restaurant was going to take over the current concierge lounge space but I forgot which one it was.

2) Izumi is moving to somewhere on deck 4 near the main dining room and the Windjammer is going to expand into the current Izumi space.

3) Seafood Shack on the boardwalk is going to be replaced by Sabor, an upscale Mexican restaurant currently on the Navigator. I believe it's $25 per person on the Navigator. We ate there and were impressed.

4)The Dog House is going to be on the Boardwalk in the location where the donut shop is currently. Don't remember if the donut shop is moving on the other side like on the Allure.

5) Pinnacle lounge and Pinnacle chapel are going to be replaced by suites.

He mentioned a couple other things but I forgot what they were. I wasn't taking notes when he explained the changes. Again, this is not "official" but I would think the F&B manager would have a pretty good idea of what the changes are.

Tim

We have a JS in March, looking forward to coastal kitchen, but no indication on website that we have any opportunity to make dining reservations yet. Will CK be doing breakfast like old CL did?

Probably won't include JS. As of now, JS gets you double points, but no other suite benefits.

I think it was said that it would include JS. I could be wrong.

We are in a JS on Quantum and we get to go to Coastal Kitchen so I hope it is the same for Oasis and other ships once they get DD!

Edited by fish6

The spectulations are just crazy about dry dock and I really wish RCCL would just tell us what is going on already!!!

That whole secrecy thing again... It's really getting out of hand. Oasis isn't a new class of ship, just tell us what changes will be made so people know what they're booking.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Sounds like they are starting a cast system again. Thought they got rid of that a long time ago. I think Cunard has that type of system. Glad it's only one dining room.

They always had a separate breakfast and lunch for suites in CL