Room Service dishes or from elsewhere

EmmasNana

I ask because this my first Royal cruise last month I did not see any dishes in the hallways and our steward would never take them unless I left a note.

This was a Med cruise, so I don't know if that makes a difference.

Edited by EmmasNana

We always move them down the hall to someone elses' room! :D

Someone was leaving their dirty dishes outside ours a few times on my last trip. My mother was not happy lol! I couldn't care less unless they are right in front of my door :)

We leave them in the room. The steward will remove them. Putting them in the hall means people have to walk around them for up to several hours depending on when they're put out due to steward's breaks. I don't think room service will come pick them up. It's something the steward does during their normal cleaning time.

Actually, maybe RCCL should have a small sign in the room suggesting where dirty dishes should be left?

Next time you get room service, look at the tray on which they bring it.

Printed RIGHT ON THE TRAY it says:

Please call Room Service when you are finished so that we can pick up your dirty dishes.

(this is not a word-for-word quote)

Please call Room Service when you are finished so that we can pick up your dirty dishes.

I only ordered it once but I must of overlooked it (we did leave a plate on the tray and ate it from there).

Actually, maybe RCCL should have a small sign in the room suggesting where dirty dishes should be left?

I only ordered it once but I must of overlooked it (we did leave a plate on the tray and ate it from there).

I actually didn't mean to reply to just you; your sentence just seemed quotable. ;)

But yes, the answer to "What do I do with my dishes?" is: Call Room Service and they will send someone to get them.

That means that you can put them out in the hall, knowing that RS is on its way.

:)

I actually didn't mean to reply to just you; your sentence just seemed quotable. ;)

But yes, the answer to "What do I do with my dishes?" is: Call Room Service and they will send someone to get them.

That means that you can put them out in the hall, knowing that RS is on its way.

:)

Oh ok lol! :)

^^^^^^^ THIS^^^^^^^^:D

There is a note that says that exact thing. We place them in the hall and then call room service to advise them that we have put them out. :)

It's so funny, I once opened my door to find a guy putting his dirtydishes outside my door.

He said he was sorry, but he didn't want his wife to see how much he ate!

That would have been so funny. Poor guy, he is on a cruise after all! ::D