Would you rather spend the money to be in the Haven or spend it on another cruise?

morningstar4

We did not sail in Haven and I will tell you if you pick a regular cabin you really do not know what you are missing, because the Haven and the Haven perks are in no way "in your face," in fact we barely noticed there was a Haven area of the ship.

We never waited in lines, we only experienced exceptional service (minus one slide attendant which would have happened suite or no suite), we were able to make and change restaurant reservations on board, we had no way of knowing who was in Haven vs who wasn't in Haven unless the person told us for some reason. We even loved our little room with our regular sized balcony.

We felt special everywhere we went.

I am sure the Haven service is outstanding, because I thought the service throughout the ship was outstanding.

So the people who say you can't understand the Haven perks if you haven't experienced them are completely correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I really don't...One minute I'm ready to cancel my bid to save for another vacation or to use the savings for something else altogether, and the next minute I read about someone's else's amazing Haven experience and really want to try it. Having never done it, I think it's helpful to hear different points of view.

since you never did it, i think u need to do it at least once. on BA the haven spa is normally the cheapest and gets you the spa which no other havens have free access too. then you just go back to 2nd class next cruise because you wanna get back so fast and cannot afford haven again :)

since you never did it, i think u need to do it at least once. on BA the haven spa is normally the cheapest and gets you the spa which no other havens have free access too. then you just go back to 2nd class next cruise because you wanna get back so fast and cannot afford haven again :)

thinking of leaving my bid in and leaving it to fate :)

If a genie said that you HAD to go on a one-week cruise, and that they'd help you out by giving you either the cost of the cabin or an extra week of vacation time (for you and your traveling companion), which one would you choose?

I'd select the vacation time in a heartbeat. Between my wife and I, there aren't seven days in a row when we both have free time in our schedules. It's hard coming up with one week's vacation each year. So when we travel we like to go first class. We have booked the top suites on Royal, Celebrity, Carnival (we wanted to try it out), and NCL. We love The Haven. (And no, there are few kids in the area.) For us, it's worth the money, especially since another cruise isn't really an option.

Where's that genie? Please send her to us.

We'd choose the balcony cabin, so that we can keep on cruising.

More cruises and different ports in a heartbeat! As long as I can get a balcony to avoid the crowds at the pool and the chair hogs that's enough to satisfy me. Once you reach NCL's higher status, you get a lot included in your regular cruise pricing anyway. The extra cost for a Haven cabin can be better spent on other things during the sailing.

Not matter how you try to justify the extra cost of the Haven, you still are only getting one cruise.:(

MARAPRINCE

We are definitely in the more cruises category. We rarely book suites, because we would rather spend the money to go on more cruises. We'll book anything from inside to mini-suites. It all depends on the cost and itinerary.

More cruises and different ports in a heartbeat! As long as I can get a balcony to avoid the crowds at the pool and the chair hogs that's enough to satisfy me. Once you reach NCL's higher status, you get a lot included in your regular cruise pricing anyway. The extra cost for a Haven cabin can be better spent on other things during the sailing.

Not matter how you try to justify the extra cost of the Haven, you still are only getting one cruise.:(

MARAPRINCE

It's a great thing that we all have different wants and needs but I dont try to justify the price of the Haven. We understand we are still getting one cruise but we pay extra for the experience.

On other lines, we do balconies but on NCL we do Haven for the different cruise experience.

crystal is a totally different experience the haven is like a chevy Crystal is a cadillac

How many times have you been on Crystal and how many in the Haven? And if the Haven is chevy what's an inside? A bicycle? LOL

I am trying the Haven on my next cruise so that I have a next cruise. DH does not like crowds and this is my way of trying to get him back on another cruise. So.... in my case, if I didn't spend the money on Haven, there would not be another cruise. Hoping it does the trick!

I am trying the Haven on my next cruise so that I have a next cruise. DH does not like crowds and this is my way of trying to get him back on another cruise. So.... in my case, if I didn't spend the money on Haven, there would not be another cruise. Hoping it does the trick!
We are not fond of crowds either but we've learned to work around them because we both loved to cruise. That said, going for the Haven experience is probably a good decision for you......if that fails, then I suggest a land "all inclusive" resort type vacation which essentially is the same thing minus visiting different ports and it's cheaper by far then the Haven for a week.

I have my fingers crossed for you.