Laughing at people who ask..... Rcl or carnival

I took this last Friday in St Kitts while we were on the TA From Southampton to San Juan on the Adventure OTS. I could not believe this is on the Jogging Track and for all of the World to see. Don't you think they would try to camouflage it at least? Would you not think twice if you saw one of these on a RCL Ship? Oh Carnival.....you really are a GIANT step behind RCL! :eek:

Just in case the picture is small.......It is a Giant RENT A GENERATOR on the Valor! I guess it is a......Just in Case I guess we loose power in the ocean, kind of like camping in a Motorhome in the forest!

RCL is the only way to go.......and YES, The Adventure OTS was a Blast for 15 days and NO....She is not a Sick Ship. :)

Mike

013_zps3708f517.jpg

I took this last Friday in St Kitts while we were on the TA From Southampton to San Juan on the Adventure OTS. I could not believe this is on the Jogging Track and for all of the World to see. Don't you think they would try to camouflage it at least? Would you not think twice if you saw one of these on a RCL Ship? Oh Carnival.....you really are a GIANT step behind RCL! :eek:

Mike

I believe they were originally CAT yellow so yes they have tried to camouflage them. :D

Never cruised Carnival & don't expect to BUT........ Where does RCCL locate their emergency generators? We all know stuff happens & it appears Carnival is being proactive after their fiasco a couple of years ago. Are you sure no RCCL ship will ever be in a similar position?

I've been on two Carnival cruises and have booked my first RCCL cruise. I look forward to doing an unbiased comparison between the two lines when I return. I didn't ask "RCCL or Carnival?" because I know that every person's experiences are different and very subjective especially when they have never cruised one line or the other! I chose RCCL for the activities on the ship that will thrill my teens and secondly for the itinerary. If Carnival had a ship with ice skating, 3D theatre, rock wall I probably would have continued on with Carnival because I like it! I've seen many of the threads on here asking people to compare the two and many people have said that the two are more alike than different and quite a few have mentioned that the food is actually better on Carnival. I sure hope RCCL has generators as well since there very well could be a power failure on any RCCL ship just as with Carnival!

I sailed the Valor again this spring and was glad to see the generator sitting there as I jogged around the track. I agree it's not pretty, but the cruise was wonderful. Great southern ports, food, service, entertainment, room sizes, and unbeatable value.

Nonstop flight from Chicago to SJU for $274pp and 7 dys/6 stops for $320pp. Getting away from the blizzard....priceless!

Pick on Carnival all you want, but they are obviously competing very well in the cruise industry.

Never cruised Carnival & don't expect to BUT........ Where does RCCL locate their emergency generators? We all know stuff happens & it appears Carnival is being proactive after their fiasco a couple of years ago. Are you sure no RCCL ship will ever be in a similar position?

Royal Caribbean BUILDS their ships with backup generators. Carnival didn't. Thus their need - after a couple of disastrous power failures - to add them.

:rolleyes:

Whatever. I don't get the lame effort to use a picture to brag about one cruise line and mock another............ Yes we love RCCL, but could care less about this pitiful attempt to attack Carnival......u have nothing better to do???.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Edited by bouhunter

Whatever. I don't get the lame effort to use a picture to brag about one cruise line and mock another............ Yes we love RCCL, but could care less about this sad and pitiful attempt to attack Carnival.......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

And there certainly is no need to be.......

Laughing at people who ask..... Rcl or carnival

Just in case the picture is small.......It is a Giant RENT A GENERATOR on the Valor! I guess it is a......Just in Case I guess we loose power in the ocean, kind of like camping in a Motorhome in the forest!

RCL is the only way to go.......and YES, The Adventure OTS was a Blast for 15 days and NO....She is not a Sick Ship. :)

Mike

RCL may be the only way to go - for you.

I agree with the others who have said that don't mind having this temporary fix on-board.

I have been pricing a cruise out of San Juan for next spring and your post got me to look at the Valor. My preference would be X, then RCL (Sorry) but the Valor is $1,000 cheaper (for 2) than X and $500 cheaper than RCL. With that kind of a difference I might try Carnival again (it's been a few years) and save $1,000 bucks - and Laugh all the way to the bank! :D:D

Edited by DirtyDawg

I sailed the Valor again this spring and was glad to see the generator sitting there as I jogged around the track. I agree it's not pretty, but the cruise was wonderful. Great southern ports, food, service, entertainment, room sizes, and unbeatable value.

Nonstop flight from Chicago to SJU for $274pp and 7 dys/6 stops for $320pp. Getting away from the blizzard....priceless!

Pick on Carnival all you want, but they are obviously competing very well in the cruise industry.

Carnival does have some nice southern itineraries sailing from Florida. Their 2.0 upgrades are nice as well.

It's great that we have choices.

Some Like Coke, Some Like Pepsi,...Some of us just like to switch it up once in awhile, or just grab wichever one is on sale this week,.....I for one will even drink "Store" brand cola if the price is right,.....

(another way of saying,.....we all have our tastes, and price points,......and ANY and EVERY cruise can still be a refreshing pick me up!,....no matter what the Logo on the side of the CAN/SHIP is!!!):cool:

We were on the Carnival Liberty and we saw the same generator, but it was in a less visible location. I didn't mind it being there since it is a back-up for another unlikely fire and power failure. RCI has not had the need to do this.

I've been on two Carnival cruises and have booked my first RCCL cruise. I look forward to doing an unbiased comparison between the two lines when I return. I didn't ask "RCCL or Carnival?" because I know that every person's experiences are different and very subjective especially when they have never cruised one line or the other! I chose RCCL for the activities on the ship that will thrill my teens and secondly for the itinerary. If Carnival had a ship with ice skating, 3D theatre, rock wall I probably would have continued on with Carnival because I like it! I've seen many of the threads on here asking people to compare the two and many people have said that the two are more alike than different and quite a few have mentioned that the food is actually better on Carnival. I sure hope RCCL has generators as well since there very well could be a power failure on any RCCL ship just as with Carnival!

Just happened to be browsing different threads, and saw your post. I cruised Carnival exclusively for several years. It was an inexpensive way for my husband, and sometimes other family members, to vacation together. We always had a great time, although on some older ships I often noticed some wear and tear. Last year--Feb 2014--we sailed for the first time on RCCL on the Independence of the Seas. OMG--there was no comparison! We were blown away! So much so, we booked the very next week for the Oasis for this coming Feb 2015 and convinced our 2 adult sons and their families to join us. The Oasis has virtually EVERYTHING our teenage grandchildren will love! But I have to admit that a lot of the food we had on all those Carnival ships WAS better! But, of course, that is just my opinion. Someone else may feel differently. Keep an open mind when you cruise on Royal, and let us all know what you think!

Royal Caribbean BUILDS their ships with backup generators. Carnival didn't. Thus their need - after a couple of disastrous power failures - to add them.

:rolleyes:

All ships are built with emergency generators to supply power to hallway lights, emergency equipment, and bridge equipment. The Carnival Splendor and Carnival Triumph did not have sufficient power to run toilets, elevators and galley equipment. The pictured generator would be an additional generator to supply those systems not be covered by the original emergency generator. Not sure what Royal's capacity is.