Silly Question

Siobhanl

Hi,

We have never cruised before but will shortly be going on the Anthem of the seas - despite the bad reviews which are very worrying.

Anyway my silly question is do you get bathrobes in your cabin and do people usually change into their swimwear in the cabin and then go to the pool/hot tub in their robe?

Is there a quieter time to use hot tubs?

My other silly question is can you eat in more than one restaurant in one evening? So if we eat in say Silk but I don't like the food can we leave and go to Chic or another free restaurant?

Just wondering because I'm a fussy eater and don't eat meat while my husband loves exotic food.

Many thanks for your advice.

I don't know if you get bathrobes in your cabin on the Anthem.

That said, both men and women change in their cabins and wear either shorts or cover ups to go to the pools and hot tubs. That said, virtually no one wears bathrobes in public places on ships. You'll get a lot of strange looks if you do.

Do not understad all the bad reviews - have had two excellent Quantum cruises and one Anthem

Get som inspiration from my Quantum review (same as Anthem)

Bathropes are not standard in cabins (we get them as Diamond Plus)

Change to swimware in the cabin - and bring suitable dress to wear over the swimwear when going from cabin to pool deck

If you dont like what offered in one restaurant just go to another - not a problem.

qz-WeIq9lo8

Do bring a beach tee shirt or coverup to the pool. Do not wear the bathrobe to the pool. Not for that purpose. Inside cabin only please!

Was on Quantum best time for hot tubs is when people are having dinner or early morning Hope you enjoy more then we enjoyed the Quantum!

Edited by Cruise a holic

Save the robe for in cabin use....men generally wear a tee shirt over their swim trunks (or shorts and tee if wearing a speedo...yikes!) Women wear a bathing suit coverup, or shorts or sundress over a swim suit.

If you plan to go to the buffet to grab a quick snack while at the pool, you will need to be covered...no butt or belly showing!

Yes...you may eat wherever you want, as much as you want!!! You (in theory) could eat at 2 or more "pay" restaurants each day, if you wanted to and were able!!! They serve a lot of food!!!

Edited by cb at sea

Bathrobes are provided to suite guests and certain levels of C&A membership. If you do not meet those requirements your cabin steward may be able to get o ne but no guarantees.

It is customary to wear a swimsuit cover up/shirt or similar to pools and hot tubs. Bathrobes are for use in cabin or your balcony.

You can eat as much as you want in any of the free restaurants and also eat in more than one. Example ...... Dinner in MDR and dessert elsewhere, or two diners, different places for dessert, etc.

Edited by Grandma Dazzles

I have seen a couple walk from their cabin to the pool area in robes and thought it was strange.. It was our first cruise so I figured I just don't get it, but when I noticed the faces of other passengers..... Yeah, I would not do it.

The only silly question is one where you can't tell what the question is by the title.

If your title is specific, folks who have an answer for you but won't click on every vague topic will be there to help out.

Isn't that annoying. Some seem to try try and use the vaguest title possible,

What is wrong with wearing a bathrobe as a cover when going from cabin to pool?

I have seen super seniors' wear them and they really look silly! Like a cartoon character.

Would you wear your bathrobe to the supermarket? Probably not. It truly looks bad.

Edited by Cruise a holic

Hi,

We have never cruised before but will shortly be going on the Anthem of the seas - despite the bad reviews which are very worrying.

Anyway my silly question is do you get bathrobes in your cabin and do people usually change into their swimwear in the cabin and then go to the pool/hot tub in their robe? Robes are in suites and for Diamond and up loyalty tiers. you can ask for one but they cannot always guarantee. robes are for after the shower in your cabin, use swim suit cover up to go from the cabin to the pool deck.

Is there a quieter time to use hot tubs? the ones in the Solarium( adult only area) tend to be quieter over all. port days are also a good time to get one to yourself.

My other silly question is can you eat in more than one restaurant in one evening? So if we eat in say Silk but I don't like the food can we leave and go to Chic or another free restaurant? I suppose you could

Just wondering because I'm a fussy eater and don't eat meat while my husband loves exotic food. you would be surprised t how creative nd commenting every restaurant can be.

Many thanks for your advice.

you will not starve, there is food available pretty much 24/7.

I have seen super seniors' wear them and they really look silly! Like a cartoon character.

Would you wear your bathrobe to the supermarket? Probably not. It truly looks bad.

A truly silly comparison. A cruise ship is, in a way, comparable to a spa hotel: where people might go from their rooms to swimming pool, salon, sunning area etc. , and would wear robes. In any case, wearing a robe while going to,the pool is probably preferable to just going in s bathing suit, or in some skimpy cover-up.

Considering what a lot of strangely shaped people do wear on cruise ships, it is difficult to understand being disturbed by seeing someone (very logically) wearing a robe - which was presumably provided by the line to be used.

I think the reason you have seen "super seniors", as you put it, wearing robes to the pool is because in a by gone era (1920's, 30's, maybe early 40's) this is what people wore to the pool. They just have not moved with the times, IMO. :) Technically, there is nothing wrong with it except that today it just looks a little strange to many of us. BTW, I am a senior (not super), but a senior nonetheless! :D

If you dont like what offered in one restaurant just go to another - not a problem.

QUOTE]

I have not had the pleasure to cruise on Quantum or Anthem, but I thought most of the specialty restaurants had a pretty set menu that was the same nightly. On Royal's other ships I have been on, the specialty restaurants had their menus in a place outside so you could look over them before you eat. That way you could check and see what you think you might like before you go in, instead of sitting down and eating only to discover you dont' care for it and then having to go to another restaurant.

Maybe I misunderstood the OP's question.

I think the reason you have seen "super seniors", as you put it, wearing robes to the pool is because in a by gone era (1920's, 30's, maybe early 40's) this is what people wore to the pool. They just have not moved with the times, IMO. :) Technically, there is nothing wrong with it except that today it just looks a little strange to many of us. BTW, I am a senior (not super), but a senior nonetheless! :D

FYI I am also a card carrying aarp member! But would never think- nor would my parents (when they were with us) wear a bathrobe on a cruise ship or at a hotel to the pool!

Edited by Cruise a holic

FYI I am also a card carrying aarp member! But would never think- nor would my parents (when they were with us) wear a bathrobe on a cruise ship or at a hotel to the pool!

FYI...I was not suggesting that EVERY senior/super senior would wear a robe to the pool. I only suggested that those who do may be a vestige of a bygone era and have not moved with the times. :roll eyes: Neither I nor my parents ever wore a robe to the pool, either. Again :rolleyes:

A truly silly comparison. A cruise ship is, in a way, comparable to a spa hotel: where people might go from their rooms to swimming pool, salon, sunning area etc. , and would wear robes. In any case, wearing a robe while going to,the pool is probably preferable to just going in s bathing suit, or in some skimpy cover-up.

I cannot say I have ever seen people in a hotel going from their room to a pool or sunning area wearing a robe. Yes, a robe would be preferable to just going in a bathing suit- but that's why people wear cover ups. I don't really care what people wear, but I have wondered when I have seen people wearing their robe while wandering around the ship. We saw a lady sitting in a bar with her robe on one day. I would hope she was in transit to or from a spa or pool area. It's one thing to wear it for the trip to and from, but if you are going to be touring the ship- put on something else over your swimwear.

Thank you to everyone who answered my query re bathrobes and the dining question. It was very helpful especially allaying our concerns regarding the poor reviews.

As I said, this will be our first cruise and usually on holidays our accommodation is right on the beach so swimwear is all that's required all day apart from lunch.

Wearing a bathrobe over your swimwear while going to/from your room to the spa or pool is very much the norm here in the UK and indeed in any hotel I've been to in Europe.

No I wouldn't wear a bathrobe to the supermarket nor would I wear a swimsuit there but since cruise ships have been called "floating resorts" it is rather different.

To the people who saw fit to comment on the title being vague may I point out that you both "clicked" on it so not too vague to elicit a view. The fact that you took the time to criticise while not actually bothering to answer I find frankly bizarre.

I post quite a lot on another forum where I answer queries about a holiday destination I'm very familiar with and I always manage to do so without being rude or unhelpful.