alcohol

dixiana

None of the "mainstream" lines allow you to bring booze. Most allow 2 bottles of wine per cabin (1 per adult)...but no beer or liquor can be brought aboard. If you try to bring it, they will confiscate it, and hold it until the last day, if it's in the original bottle...otherwise, they will throw it away if it's in some other container.

getting alcohol on board

Are you asking if you can bring alcohol on board? Not on majority of lines,

Except wine and then sometimes a fee, depending on cruise line.

Or are you asking if you can purchase alcohol on board? Definitely YES!

On a recent cruse the an entertainer (a fantastic guitar player) was sitting with us. I told him that on the same ship on an earlier cruise the Maître'd had sent me a bottle of wine every night and also sent a bottle of champagne to our cabin. My husband jokingly said, but he didn't drink wine.

You can't imagine our surprise when we found an envelope with coupons for 6 free drinks! These were from the entertainer. He told us he wanted to send a bottle of Tanqueray but they don't send bottles to cabins until the last night. So he got the coupons for him!

Unfortunately for me, the Maître'd is no longer on that ship and we sail on her a lot.

On most ships you can order a bottle of alcohol before you board. It will be waiting for you in your cabin when you get there.

Or you can buy Rum Runners which are like thick zip lock bags that people use to smuggle alcohol on board.

Edited by Bonnie J.

What upscale lines?

American-Canadian Line doesn't sell alcohol- you bring your own!

Blount is not really a popular well known line ;)

Oceania allows you to bring alcohol for use in your cabin

Edited by LHT28

Cunard's actual practice is much more lenient than their written policy (which does state that the policy is only enforced as an exception rather than as a rule). No one bats an eyelash if you carry on a case of wine and some liquor on embarkation or in ports of call.

Ah, the Cruise Critic daily vague post.

OP nobody knows what you are even asking, so nobody can help you.

Many of the mainstream lines limit the amount and type of alcohol you can bring onboard. Some charge a corking fee. Others allow tons of alcohol with or without fees. I'm told there are some charter cruises that allow none at all.

Most have bars onboard