Does Carnival enforce boarding/check in times

queenL

Typically we arrive and check in when we want, regardless of what our scheduled boarding time is. Will Carnival allow us to check-in before our scheduled time?

It looks like your cruise is this month on the Vista out of Miami. Yes, this is one of the ports with staggered check in times. If you are not platinum/diamond or FTTF your check in times will be enforced. The reports are that they are being strict with this procedure.

Typically we arrive and check in when we want, regardless of what our scheduled boarding time is. Will Carnival allow us to check-in before our scheduled time?

There is a check in time (that you choose) and a boarding time (when the ship is cleared).

If you arrive before your check in time, you will not be allowed in. If you picked an early check in time, you will be able to board (according to zone) after all the other priority guests.

As mentioned, if you have FTTF, are Diamond or Platinum, you still need to pick a check in time, but can go at any time. There is no scheduled boarding time.

• 2 weeks later...

I just did my online check in, and I chose the 11:00 time slot for the port of mobile. I then proceeded to do our minor children's check in staying in an adjoining room, and the first available check in for them was 12:00. Will they allow our children to check in at the same time, or will we all have to wait until 12? Anyone have experience with this?

It looks like your cruise is this month on the Vista out of Miami. Yes, this is one of the ports with staggered check in times. If you are not platinum/diamond or FTTF your check in times will be enforced. The reports are that they are being strict with this procedure.

Miami has it together. Mobile and Charleston-- not even trying to enforce check in times. :(

This is another reason I purchased FTTF. My Party is three cabins and my college age daughter decided to go long after our original booking and she had a much later check in time as this was all that remained and we had a 10am. Without FTTF we would have had to just wait until her booking time to arrived or board separately, which I really did not want to do.

You can arrive anytime after the check in time that you chose, just not before. You will not be allowed into the terminal until that time.

Can you get your ID done early?

You mean wait outside the curb until you can get in?

Can you get your ID done early?

You mean wait outside the curb until you can get in?

Hi

Yes...if you arrive before your assigned check in time...unless you are Platinum, diamond, wedding, FTTF, etc...you will be required to wait outside the terminal building until your assigned time. Arrive after your assigned time and you will be able to check in right away (after passing through security).

This is a crowd control system and because it seems to work, I imagine no amount of complaining will allow for a change. Remember (for those that have an early check in time) nobody is allowed to board until the ship is ready for boarding. So for those that don't have priority boarding and who don't like waiting, a later check in time will allow them a shorter overall check in/boarding time experience.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

How about Long Beach? Are they enforcing check in time?

Not only is Long Beach a staggered checkin port, which from what I hear, they strictly enforce (as well they should), but I believe LB has gone to later checkin times with the first checkin being I think 12 or 1 pm as opposed to most other ports that have 10 or 11 am....Definitely not a Port for those with the "firstie" mentality :D

Edited by First and Ten

Not only is Long Beach a staggered checkin port, which from what I hear, they strictly enforce (as well they should), but I believe LB has gone to later checkin times with the first checkin being I think 12 or 1 pm as opposed to most other ports that have 10 or 11 am....Definitely not a Port for those with the "firstie" mentality :D

Partially true. Staggered Check in starts at noon. Priority check in starts at 9:30.

Family has sailed out of Long Beach three times since Staggered Check in has started. SC is still a 'suggestion' here. I'm sure that'll change when Carnival has use of the whole Dome.

Edited by SadieN

Partially true. Staggered Check in starts at noon. Priority check in starts at 9:30.

Family has sailed out of Long Beach three times since Staggered Check in has started. SC is still a 'suggestion' here. I'm sure that'll change when Carnival has use of the whole Dome.

Sadie, just my opinion, I think Staggered Checkin is here to stay, I think more ports will go to that process. I know a few baggage handlers (I used to do it many moons ago) and they simply LOVE IT. So much easier to manage the herd that way

Edited by First and Ten