Why the iced tea drama?

cruizergal70

Oh my...I have to forego Stewarts lime soda, clamato juice, concord grape juice, limeade, ginger ale, cherry 7up. Sure, some of them may be purchased at bar prices but they don't come with my cruise fare. A cruise isn't a grocery store, or a southern fast food restaurant, or a favorite coffee/tea shop.

Try traveling to Europe and getting your local favorites...not going to happen.

Please read my earlier post where I fully explained how we take personal responsibility for our vacation and make it happen. It's a new year, try being sweet, you'll feel better :)

A lot of people don't realize the distinction of sweet tea. If you go north of the Mason-Dixon, it's unsweet. They may put a packet of Splenda in their tea and call it sweet. A lot of places even call the raspberry tea, sweet. In the north they make a gallon of tea and put about 2 spoons of sugar in it and that's that. In the south, we make a gallon of sugar and put 2 spoons of tea in it. Sweet tea is a big thing in the south and we love our sweet tea, and grits.

Are people really unable to live without iced tea for a week?

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/QUOT

Possibly because unsweeteded tea is a healthy no cal beverage? Besides water, what else do you suggest that doesn't have artificial additives or is loaded with sugar????

We do as others have mentioned and make our own - very easy and tastes great.

Edited by mek

It is not a Drama.

It is an Iced Tea Brew-ha-ha.

Well, it sounds more like wine-ing. :p

OP's iced tea is another person's poison? Yes? :)

Happy cruising and good health in 2017, if the Lord wills..

Edited by Kingofcool1947

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app[/QUOT

Possibly because unsweeteded tea is a healthy no cal beverage? Besides water, what else do you suggest that doesn't have artificial additives or is loaded with sugar????

We do as others have mentioned and make our own - very easy and tastes great.

Sugar kills. Diabetes, heart disease, and obesity?

http://www.health.harvard.edu/blog/eating-too-much-added-sugar-increases-the-risk-of-dying-with-heart-disease-201402067021

Happy cruising and good health in 2017, if the Lord wills.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

the tea is lousy for a reason. It's free and they want you to pay for drinks one way or another.

I'm not a southerner or a Brit who both apparently think of tea in the same way the French look down at others with disdain for their opinions on fine wine.

But earlier in the thread there was discussion about adaptability. Adapt or whine people, adapt or whine.

Or find creative solutions like some have posted if you are southern or British.

Either way, you tried to burn our Capitol to the ground. :D

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I drink two beverages. Iced Tea and coffee. Both stink on cruises unfortunately. I make due, but wish it wad better. Im actually debating bringing coffee and my french press with me on my next cruise next month, but im not sure i want the hassle

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We also being southerners are accustom to drinking sweet tea as well. We just bring along a bottle or two of the mio tea flavored liquid drink drops and add a few drops to their tea and it makes it a great deal better. We also took a small seasoning container and filled with tonys seasoning as we find the food a little bland and bring that as well. On nights we decide for desert we want the chocolate melting cake we bring along a small jiff peanut butter on the go cup to add to them making it like a

reeses peanut butter cake. We have learned to either overcome or adapt and love cruising for the great time and price for a family vacation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

The iced tea on Carnival ships is unsweetened. Why don't people seem to understand that? Fast food restaurants usually serve their iced tea unsweetened also.

LOL...I think you dont live here in the south!!! When we moved down here 10 years ago I could not believe how sweet the ice tea is in all restaurants:eek:! Can't drink it no matter what they do to it...

We mix our ice tea on the ships with the lemonade (which by the way is much too sweet and needs to be cut with something), makes a much nicer drink...

The iced tea on Carnival ships is unsweetened. Why don't people seem to understand that? Fast food restaurants usually serve their iced tea unsweetened also.

LOL...I think you dont live here in the south!!! When we moved down here 10 years ago I could not believe how sweet the ice tea is in all restaurants:eek:! Can't drink it no matter what they do to it...

We mix our ice tea on the ships with the lemonade (which by the way is much too sweet and needs to be cut with something), makes a much nicer drink...

Exactly. I was a restaurant manager many many years ago and a thing of unsweet tea would last us all day and we'd still end up pouring some out. Nobody drank it. Sweet tea however had to be made several times an hour. Rarely anyone drinks unsweet tea and it's just not served unless specified.

Haven't you a favorite beverage you would like to not have to go without while on a week's cruise you paid good money for?

No. I prefer Diet Pepsi. Having said that I have lived without it, our any pop for that matter, for a week on a cruise because I am perfectly satisfied drinking ice water or ice tea in the MDR or buffet or when ever I was thirsty. I could easily forgo the ice tea if I found it not to my liking and just drink water or purchase a pop if I wanted one. I am with the OP and don't see the big deal.

You might think twice about drinking sweetened ice tea, and what it does to your health.. :eek: Sugar will kill you. Causes obesity, diabetes, heart disease, and kidney disease.

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index;_ylt=A0SO8xu91YJYXtwAYzPBGOd_;_ylu=X3oDMTEzcGg0YzJsBGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVFBSREMwXzEEc2VjA3Nj?qid=20100915190347AAy9yUb

Enjoy your cruising and have good health in 2017, if God wills.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

No. I prefer Diet Pepsi. Having said that I have lived without it, our any pop for that matter, for a week on a cruise because I am perfectly satisfied drinking ice water or ice tea in the MDR or buffet or when ever I was thirsty. I could easily forgo the ice tea if I found it not to my liking and just drink water or purchase a pop if I wanted one. I am with the OP and don't see the big deal.

Ok, but I was asking Doggielover68 who posed the question that I replied to and not the OP.

Some people can't adjust. It's no different than those that complain about not being able to get their brand of pop/soda, water, energy drink, etc.

And just can't live without their favorite brands.

Much easier to complain than adjust.

Or cream cheese!:rolleyes: