New Carnival Website Layout

ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Carnival changed their website layout today from the easy to use calendar/list layout to a picture/blocks layout with limited filters on the top. I can't seem to find anything and had to call my PVP just to look for a simple date/month combination.

Is it just me or is anyone else not able to search with accuracy? This is a very frustrating experience.

I just discovered it depends on which OS and browser you use. On my Macbook using Firefox everything looks normal after I click on the Pack and Go sale (the calendar or list view).

But on my Windows pc using Firefox the layout is new and really bad (the picture/boxed view). I think eventually Carnival will start using this new layout for all browser/OS combinations if they think it's a hit with customers.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

I'm not real happy with new layout either. Not sure why Carnival felt the need to change some things on their home page. Unfortunately, we're stuck with it. At least, until Carnival hires someone else that wants to have a go at redesigning the web page. I'm guessing whoever is in charge of that department never heard the expression "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". :rolleyes:

Edited by beachbum53

Carnival changed their website layout today from the easy to use calendar/list layout to a picture/blocks layout with limited filters on the top. I can't seem to find anything and had to call my PVP just to look for a simple date/month combination.

Is it just me or is anyone else not able to search with accuracy? This is a very frustrating experience.

Agree. I hate it. All those boxes make the screen too confusing.

I'm not real happy with new layout either. Not sure why Carnival felt the need to change some things on their home page. Unfortunately, we're stuck with it. At least, until Carnival hires someone else that wants to have a go at redesigning the web page. I'm guessing whoever is in charge of that department never heard the expression "If it ain't broke, don't fix it". :rolleyes:

I agree...leave well enough alone. Also not a fan of the new set up.:(

I guess they felt they had to compete with RCI for trashing a website that once worked fine. The old site still shows in Safari, but errors occur. I got to see the new site when I switched to Chrome. What a pain to use.

If I had to guess, the change is probably an attempt to make it "attractive" on the touch/swipe screens of phones and tablets.

What may happen, and what happened for some RCI searchers, people will go to third-party sites to research what they want in an easier format.

In Web design, "It" is always 'broke'. If you run a website where nothing in the layout changes for six months or longer, regardless of need/customer satisfaction, etc., you're either a luddite or a trogl.:eek::D

I actually like it for one reason. I love the ability to click on just a particular month's sailings. I am interested in either Feb. 2017 or May 2017 and with the old way, you had to put Feb. through May in order to get them in one search. With this new method, you can add May 2017 to my Feb search without having to look at March and April sailings.

I actually like it for one reason. I love the ability to click on just a particular month's sailings. I am interested in either Feb. 2017 or May 2017 and with the old way, you had to put Feb. through May in order to get them in one search. With this new method, you can add May 2017 to my Feb search without having to look at March and April sailings.

Never mind...this worked this morning like that but now it didn't. So.....I take back my approval. :)

Kind of reminds me of your windows 8 desktop, which is fine for your "favorites" but not for a search. They should at least give the option for classic or basic. I noticed in the last couple weeks, this new layout has come up in the different browsers, probably while they were testing to get it up and running.