Adults only cruises?

Jayandar

The only option i would say you have to get anywhere near no kids would be a transatlantic crossing... We've done 3 on celebrity and you could count on one hand the kids onboard each...[emoji4] #bliss

We've only done two X cruises - both Reflection, both Caribbean, one in mid-January and one in mid-November - but both were remarkably child-free. This past one (11/14-21) it really seemed as if there weren't more than a dozen or so kids on the whole ship. And those who did sail were on the whole very well-behaved. As one who would normally jump at an officially child-free trip, I really can't say there was any issue at all, unless one truly can't stand the sight of the small fry...

Come to the UK!

P&O already have 3 adult only ships and Saga have 'over 50 age group' ships and are building a brand new 'small' cruise ship for 2019.

Exciting news! After lots of work behind the scenes, we can finally reveal that we have agreed the design of a new Saga ship, to be delivered in summer 2019.

Carrying fewer than 1000 passengers, she will retain the intimacy and personal service for which we are renowned. There will also be single-sitting dining in a choice of speciality restaurants, a selection of bars, indoor and outdoor pools, a spa, fabulous library, signature Britannia Lounge and much more – all with a fresh and contemporary twist on the traditions of classic Saga cruising.

The cabins are going to be a real showcase – spacious and modern, the ship’s design also means every one will have a balcony. In addition, around 15% of the accommodation will be for solo travellers, with a choice of single cabin grades

So at least some companies see a future for older cruisers!

Edited by Adammara
spelling!

We've only done two X cruises - both Reflection, both Caribbean, one in mid-January and one in mid-November - but both were remarkably child-free. This past one (11/14-21) it really seemed as if there weren't more than a dozen or so kids on the whole ship. And those who did sail were on the whole very well-behaved. As one who would normally jump at an officially child-free trip, I really can't say there was any issue at all, unless one truly can't stand the sight of the small fry...

Your 2 cruises would be expected to have few children due to the dates you sailed. I can bet that there were several hundred (or perhaps many more) on the cruise after yours in November (Thanksgiving week). Sailing that week, or during Christmas holidays or anytime in the summer is a guaranteed different experience than what you had, for better or worse.

Does Celebrity ever advertise any no-kids cruises, as they once did? This might be an incentive to getting some of our "never-cruised" friends to actually consider booking.

They haven't done them in 10 to 15 yrs, stopped doing them because they were a failure.

Oh I love this topic.

Finally, after all the topics asking advice for bringing babies, toddlers and turning a fine cruise into camp, there is a topic for adult only cruisers.

I think they would be well received. Yes they had them 10 to 15 years ago and Royal Carib has built ships for the whole family, but Celebrity ships still have very few amenities for kids, so it would not be difficult to just have adults. No revenue would be lost since I dont think Celeb makes money on kids.

Adults could stay up longer, drink more, gamble more. So there is revenue to be made. There would be no need to have entertainment with family rating.

Oh I could make a huge list of what may possibly change for the better, but of course then you would see someone make a list to counteract mine.

Parents would be free to have a great time.

YES to an all adult cruise. How about next Thankgiving. LoL

Oh I love this topic.

Finally, after all the topics asking advice for bringing babies, toddlers and turning a fine cruise into camp, there is a topic for adult only cruisers.

I think they would be well received. Yes they had them 10 to 15 years ago and Royal Carib has built ships for the whole family, but Celebrity ships still have very few amenities for kids, so it would not be difficult to just have adults. No revenue would be lost since I dont think Celeb makes money on kids.

Adults could stay up longer, drink more, gamble more. So there is revenue to be made. There would be no need to have entertainment with family rating.

Oh I could make a huge list of what may possibly change for the better, but of course then you would see someone make a list to counteract mine.

Parents would be free to have a great time.

YES to an all adult cruise. How about next Thankgiving. LoL

Keep dreaming, not going to happen.

Does Celebrity ever advertise any no-kids cruises, as they once did? This might be an incentive to getting some of our "never-cruised" friends to actually consider booking.

I'm not expert, but laws were passed back in the late 80's which made discrimination in public accommodations illegal if based upon age. An exception was made for senior, over 55, communities. Prior to this law, there were numerous adults only apartment complexes. No more. I'm not a lawyer but I would not be surprised if adult only cruises (except for charters) resulted in lawsuits.