North Star & IFly charges??

TonRin

It seems that RCI are as of right now, are charging for the use of North Star AUD$28.00 per go and you have to book it with very limited spots.. Whats even stranger is it seems they are charging AUD$33.28 for the 1 minute COMPLIMENTARY ride on the Ripcord... How can this be! Guess the inclusions list is dwindling rapidly on RCI.

They start charging a fee to use the lifts soon!

Great.

It seems that RCI are as of right now, are charging for the use of North Star AUD$28.00 per go and you have to book it with very limited spots.. Whats even stranger is it seems they are charging AUD$33.28 for the 1 minute COMPLIMENTARY ride on the Ripcord... How can this be! Guess the inclusions list is dwindling rapidly on RCI.

They start charging a fee to use the lifts soon!

Great.

They actually should charge for peak viewing times. That way those that really want to do it can have a hassle free experience. Just my opinion

We have our NorthStar reservation already for our cruise in the spring. Just checked my cruise planner and it still has $0.00. Hope it stays that way, and they don't try to pull a fast one on us. We did NS already on Quantum, so will cancel if they decide to charge us. I also didn't see anywhere it says there's a charge. Maybe I need to do a dummy booking for iFly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have our NorthStar reservation already for our cruise in the spring. Just checked my cruise planner and it still has $0.00. Hope it stays that way, and they don't try to pull a fast one on us. We did NS already on Quantum, so will cancel if they decide to charge us. I also didn't see anywhere it says there's a charge. Maybe I need to do a dummy booking for iFly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just read a post on the blog site from someone who just received notification that there was now a $20US charge per ride on Northstar and Ripcord on Quantum. They had existing reservations for $0.00 and were told they would be charged.

Just as increasing your pre-paid dining meal is unacceptable...it as just as unacceptable to try and increase the cost of your pre-paid activity.

The Florida Attorney General should probably be notified again. They can't raise prices when people have already paid for things. Well, they can try, but I think it is illegal.

I just read a post on the blog site from someone who just received notification that there was now a $20US charge per ride on Northstar and Ripcord on Quantum. They had existing reservations for $0.00 and were told they would be charged.

We're on the Jan.3rd Anthem sailing and have not received such a notification. Our cruise planner still show these to be complimentary even when I go in to modify these as shown in the screen shot below. :confused:

attachment.php?attachmentid=371781&d=1450936137

RipcordRes.jpg.b495535d4a458d27c23b67180c596caf.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

Just checked again (had checked yesterday/earlier today and they weren't there) and for the first time it appears... but also with a price like yours.

The description still says: "RipCord by iFLY 1 Minute Complimentary Flight", then $36.40

Their deception remains visible.

I just checked our 1/3/16 Anthem reservation page and iFly and Northstar are listed at $0 or complimentary.

Loudbmw I found a YouTube channel, named the same as you, which features flowriding. Is this any relation to you, or do they just have just equally good taste?:) It was good riding whatever the case.

Andrew

http://www.******************.com/2015/12/24/royal-caribbean-begins-charging-north-star-and-ripcord-quantum-of-the-seas

RCCL Blog states that iFly and North Star are just charged on Quantum, but I wouldn't be wondered if RCCL is also charging for them on Anthem soon. :rolleyes:

Very disappointing - RCCL is charging the cruises on Quantum Class even higher than the other cruises, which aren't cheap...

And ther's no, absolutely NO new step by RCCL in favor of the customer, just in favor of the profit. Let's rename RCCL into PCCL - P stands for profit.

NCL and Princess implement changes in favor of the clients - e. g. introducing new COMPLIMENTARY dessert innovations (Princess), or including the Asian restaurant (NCL). Nothing like that at RCCL...

iFly (one minute!!) - 26 $; North Star 20$ - thanks RCCL - finally, me is the desire passed for sailing with one of your newer ships!!! :mad:

Edited by celebrity_fan

http://www.******************.com/2015/12/24/royal-caribbean-begins-charging-north-star-and-ripcord-quantum-of-the-seas

RCCL Blog states that iFly and North Star are just charged on Quantum, but I wouldn't be wondered if RCCL is also charging for them on Anthem soon. :rolleyes:

Very disappointing - RCCL is charging the cruises on Quantum Class even higher than the other cruises, which aren't cheap...

And ther's no, absolutely NO new step by RCCL in favor of the customer, just in favor of the profit. Let's rename RCCL into PCCL - P stands for profit.

NCL and Princess implement changes in favor of the clients - e. g. introducing new COMPLIMENTARY dessert innovations (Princess), or including the Asian restaurant (NCL). Nothing like that at RCCL...

iFly (one minute!!) - 26 $; North Star 20$ - thanks RCCL - finally, me is the desire passed for sailing with one of your newer ships!!! :mad:

I agree that it's disturbing to see RCI charging for North Star and iFly on Quantum, but I wouldn't hold out NCL's making the Asian restaurant "free" as any big deal. I've eaten at the "free" Asian restaurant on the NCL Gem and it wasn't worth it at that price. It was simply terrible.

From what I understand it is just Quantum presently...but as these things go, I wouldn't be surprised to see the other Q class ships start charging if people pay the price.

There will be people willing to pay. Kind of like renting out the flowrider