What's the strangest thing you've seen or heard on pool deck?

RCCLNYMETS41

Let's have some fun...

If you have a picture to share, that's a bonus point for you.

Onboard by the pool bar,a very elderly couple approached a crew member who was eating his lunch and asked him to get them towels for the pool.He promptly obliiged and was offered a $1.00 tip which he declined.

What makes this worthy of note ,the bartender told me that the crew member was the Captain!

This is easy

Many years ago we were on Grandeur on an at sea day and the deck was rocking with a great band. All of a sudden everyone is looking in one direction. Seems a "lady" (tiny bikini) was giving her guy a really thorough lap dance. She got a standing ovation when she was done. Later in the cruise they were picked as contestants on the newlywed game. They were the talk of the ship all week

Edited by SeaUs

A turd at the bottom of the pool. They had to clear it out, drain it and spent all night cleaning it with bleach and chemicals. Needless to say the pool fans weren't happy about it being shut down most of a day........

Edited by bouhunter

Last Sunday before muster drill on Navigator. The young woman who was extremely drunk and trying her hardest to get kicked off the ship before sailaway. She was yelling at some of her friends and when one went to leave kicked her in the butt. If someone stopped nearby to try and take a picture, she photobombed their photos. Anybody walking past she basically grabbed, including putting her butt in one couple's faces and her breasts in the faces of another couple. Also, there was a maintenance crew working in one of the pools, and she tried to climb onto the net so she could go over and talk to the maintenance workers.

Alas, no pictures. We were having too much fun enjoying the show we were getting. A large group of us were narrating the action from the Cosmopolitan Lounge.

Let's have some fun...

Oh boy, this one I gotta share.

We were on the Majesty, 2011 I think it was. We were heading out on to the pool deck at around 10 or 11 PM I suppose. As we opened the door I see a young woman sitting on one of the pool loungers and she's obviously loaded. I'm starting to elbow DW to say "hey check this out" when I notice her pants and underwear are down around her ankles. She thinks she's sitting on the toilet because there's a puddle at her feet. Now I've been drunk before but never have I confused a chair for a toilet. Anyway, we figure this girl needs some help so we go looking for some ship personnel. Before we get too far we see that there's someone talking to a security guard, pointing over in her direction. Ahhhh, good help is on the way. The male security guard walks over, gets about 10 feet away and stops. He puts his hands in the air like "nope, not going near her", and walks away. A few minutes later, two female guards show up, wheelchair in hand. They cover her up and cart her off.

Summary: Drunk lady confuses deck chair for terlet and provides the only working evidence for the trickle down theory.

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Let's have some fun...

In the heard category, this one comes to mind, because while being a techncially savy person I detest "know-it-alls" and try to regfrain from being one. That said, the timing was pretty interesting.

To make a short story long, was driving home from work on the last day before and the radio had a newstory where the New England Journal of Medicine reported the chemicals from plastic water bottles could leech into the water and be a hazzard. (Keep in mind this is 2006 and things may have changed) The next day we are in the airport boarding area and I go to sit down. There in the seat is that very issue of the NEJM. I read the article because I had heard about it. (won't bore you with the details). Later that same day I'm on the pool deck on Voyage and some woman says to another, "Don't drink that, it contains chemicals. The other replies, "Oh, I researched it and it isn't true" I found it strange this lady had refuted the New England journal of Medicine. I can't help it, I'm an easedropper.

A turd at the bottom of the pool. They had to clear it out, drain it and spent all night cleaning it with bleach and chemicals. Needless to say the pool fans weren't happy about it being shut down most of a day........

Are you sure it wasn't a candy bar? :D

There is no humor in this story but surely there is a lesson.

We were on a ship, years ago, very hot and a port day. DH and I went ashore for a while, returned to the ship, went out to sit at the pool for a while and noticed a quite senior couple sitting near us in a hot tub. I said to DH something about what is wrong with these people? Don't they realize it is incredibly hot, they are senior and they get in a hot tub. Not our business and we went back to reading our books.

I looked up a bit later and noticed that couple were still sitting in the hot tub, her head was on his shoulder and they were the only two in the tub. (Most others had enough sense to stay out of a hot tub in that heat.) I kept looking at the woman and realized she was in a very odd position but her DH seemed aware and alert.

I called over a deck crew person and asked him to please check on them and suggest they get out of that tub. He went immediately to where I indicated and in a brief few minutes, medical had responded, dragged her out of the tub, her DH is befuddled at what is going on and the sad result was she had passed away and he was unaware.

We watched as local officials came aboard the ship, a vehicle I thought to be their style ambulance arrived, some ship personnel carried luggage down the gangway and the DH was helped into another vehicle. They had disembarked her remains and now this senior gentleman had to handle whatever was necessary to get them both home.

That was one of the most awful things one could ever witness on a cruise.

Edited by sail7seas

Onboard by the pool bar,a very elderly couple approached a crew member who was eating his lunch and asked him to get them towels for the pool.He promptly obliiged and was offered a $1.00 tip which he declined.

What makes this worthy of note ,the bartender told me that the crew member was the Captain!

Entire thread is an interesting read - however this is just WOW:eek: What a cool captain!

I may have discovered a new endangered species on my last cruise: chairus nonhogus.

On Ruby Princess Thanksgiving week I was aimlessly wandering the uppermost sun decks listening to my mp3 and trying to decide whether to sit outside despite the heat and lack of breeze or head back inside for my umpteenth breakfast nosh. Some guy started waving at me so I took out my earbud and looked quizzically back at him. He was calling out to me "you looking for a chair? grab one of these here!" Believe. It. Or. Not. (still not sure I do :D)

There is no humor in this story but surely there is a lesson.

We were on a ship, years ago, very hot and a port day. DH and I went ashore for a while, returned to the ship, went out to sit at the pool for a while and noticed a quite senior couple sitting near us in a hot tub. I said to DH something about what is wrong with these people? Don't they realize it is incredibly hot, they are senior and they get in a hot tub. Not our business and we went back to reading our books.

I looked up a bit later and noticed that couple were still sitting in the hot tub, her head was on his shoulder and they were the only two in the tub. (Most others had enough sense to stay out of a hot tub in that heat.) I kept looking at the woman and realized she was in a very odd position but her DH seemed aware and alert.

I called over a deck crew person and asked him to please check on them and suggest they get out of that tub. He went immediately to where I indicated and in a brief few minutes, medical had responded, dragged her out of the tub, her DH is befuddled at what is going on and the sad result was she had passed away and he was unaware.

We watched as local officials came aboard the ship, a vehicle I thought to be their style ambulance arrived, some ship personnel carried luggage down the gangway and the DH was helped into another vehicle. They had disembarked her remains and now this senior gentleman had to handle whatever was necessary to get them both home.

That was one of the most awful things one could ever witness on a cruise.

Wow, this is so sad and terribly distressing. I would imagine if I saw something like that it would haunt me for a long time.

Sounds crass and insensitive to say; but I hope it didn't spoil your cruise

This is NOT a body shaming post, more of a hygiene shaming, but I just thought of something that I saw back in 2009 on the Explorer. As we all know, the showers in the cabins are tubular. Very small for large people.

I am a very early riser. I had gone up to the lido deck to get a cup of coffee and take a couple of pictures of the sun rise.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a VERY large couple approaching one of the hot tubs. They had towels and other things in tow. (could not see what they were). The hot tubs were not running at that time and I thought it was strange that they were in them at this hour...not running....and at dawn.

After a couple of minutes of observing, I realized that she was shampooing her hair. OMG......they were taking baths in the hot tub. Ewwwwwww.

Two girls sitting by the side of the pool: one was busy flossing her teeth while her friend rubbed suntan lotion onto her back.

This is NOT a body shaming post, more of a hygiene shaming, but I just thought of something that I saw back in 2009 on the Explorer. As we all know, the showers in the cabins are tubular. Very small for large people.

I am a very early riser. I had gone up to the lido deck to get a cup of coffee and take a couple of pictures of the sun rise.

Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed a VERY large couple approaching one of the hot tubs. They had towels and other things in tow. (could not see what they were). The hot tubs were not running at that time and I thought it was strange that they were in them at this hour...not running....and at dawn.

After a couple of minutes of observing, I realized that she was shampooing her hair. OMG......they were taking baths in the hot tub. Ewwwwwww.

Hygiene is important!

I was travelling with my mother, my best friend, and her mother. One of my favorite things about cruising are the views of the open ocean through our cabin window when I first wake.

One morning I could hear our mothers moving about the cabin, so I decided I should take in my morning view HOWEVER!! when I opened my eyes I got the bird's eye view of my friends' mother's backside right in front of my face. I nearly died and when my mother watched the look of horror across my face, it took all she had to not laugh out loud. She still to this day does not know how badly she ruined my view of the ocean.

Never insult a ship's captain by tipping less than $20.