Room Service fee

ive seen posts that there is now a room service fee. That’s a shame as that was always a spoiled pleasure I enjoyed about cruising. I especially enjoyed having coffee delivered to my room each morning to sip while I planned our day. What’s the skinny on the fees?

ive seen posts that there is now a room service fee. That’s a shame as that was always a spoiled pleasure I enjoyed about cruising. I especially enjoyed having coffee delivered to my room each morning to sip while I planned our day. What’s the skinny on the fees?

While you can get your coffee delivered for free, we usually run up to the buffet, grab a cup of coffee and a plate of food to share, and go back to our cabin for daily planning.

I think it's to high considering how they are nickel and diming us. I can also understand how things can get out of control with people/kids abusing it. It would be nice if it was free maybe once a day or the equivalent of every other day. A 10 day cruise would give you 5 free room delivery services. This should include anything from the menu and can be used on any day of the cruise. :D

It can be free. With everything on the MDR menu available via room service.

Just book a Grand Suite or better.

If you ordered room service 754 times, those extra would cover the cost of a Grand Suite...

I thought I read here in the last week or so that it went up again?

I hope that issue is the result of people not realizing that there is an automatically added gratuity of 18%.

From Royal's website:

Room service is available any time of the day or night - simply order from the room service menu located in your stateroom/suite (service charge of $7.95* applies). An 18% gratuity is additional and will automatically be added to your check. Our new room service menu features several upgraded selections including a Wagyu Beef Hamburger, Philly Cheesesteak and Grilled Salmon with Cucumber Mint Yogurt and Roasted Asparagus.

If I have calculated correctly;)

$7.95 + 1.43 = $9.38

I'm confused...

We're about to take our first cruise in July. Is there a cost associated with ordering from room service?

If you are in a non full suite cabin, that would be a Junior Suite, balcony, ocean view, inside etc., Continental breakfast is complimentary - No cost, except perhaps a tip to the delivery person. Any other orders have a $7.95 fee per order. Hot breakfast, and orders at other times of the day have a charge.

enjoy

M

Why not free? #1 the staff that deliver are volunteers, working outside their usual working hours, and get Stiffed. #2 the number of orders that when they are delivered, no one answers..either left the cabin or could well be passed out.....waste. Not just another money grab, there are reasons behind the action.

Does pre-paid gratuities cover service charges (for example the service charge mentioned for JR)

No, only your stateroom attendant and helpers, and the dining staff for the "free" venues.

Why not free? #1 the staff that deliver are volunteers, working outside their usual working hours, and get Stiffed. #2 the number of orders that when they are delivered, no one answers..either left the cabin or could well be passed out.....waste. Not just another money grab, there are reasons behind the action.

I'm curious...how do you know this?