Sea Food Buffet

Jess777

They had Lobster a couple days on the royal last November. It was not promoted as such, and didn't last long as word spread quickly. I went by the HC around 1:30 afternoon and there they were, lobster tails. If you wouldn't have gone by the buffet during that 30min or so feeding frenzy you missed it.

They had Lobster a couple days on the royal last November. It was not promoted as such, and didn't last long as word spread quickly. I went by the HC around 1:30 afternoon and there they were, lobster tails. If you wouldn't have gone by the buffet during that 30min or so feeding frenzy you missed it.

If that was the Royal’s Spanish Passage & TA cruise from Barcelona, we got there once for the seafood lunch buffet. Guess that even with limiting the very small lobster tails to 4 per person they still ran out of them.

The Royal/Regal buffets we’ve gone to have a much wider variety of food options than on their other ships. Shrimp seems to always be available & sometimes langostino & mussels are available. The only crab legs I’ve recently seen were only available at the $29 Crab Shack dinner.

They just instituted an expiration date on coffee cards to extract a few extra bucks out of us and you think they'll serve crab legs? The new beef item on the alternative menu in the main dining room is now a hamburger, what does that tell you?

It’s a sad state of affairs when there’s a dress code to eat a hamburger.

We're on the Regal now. They've had shrimp and large mussels most nights that I've seen. I haven't been up there every night.

They had this the last sea day at lunch on our Ruby Cabo cruise last week. We had literally just finished a late breakfast when I saw people walking by with shrimp and muscles on their plates. We were much to full so no seafood for us; it looked good though.

We were on the Royal in July and they had a seafood night in the buffet that included mountains of crab legs. I didn't have any as I had too many prawns, both natural and in a variety of sauces, plus calamari. Heaps of oysters and many varieties of fish as well if you wanted. Yum.

I remember the seafood buffet from yrs ago & was great. Was on Royal in mid Dec & asked buffet manager about the seafood buffet. Said he did not know what I was talking about. All they do now is Crabshack. Asked him about other "themed" nights. Said they do not do those either but do usually have pasta on menu. (??) Also no longer do the Fondue Night, Many cutbacks in food service. Just take a look at the "new" Sabatini's menu. Have gone to cheaper ingredients. No more lobster 3 ways or veal chop. Glad I was able to enjoy old menu for last time on Royal in mid Dec. New menu offered on upcoming Regal sailing but will pass. Don't want to pay extra to eat - chicken!