Why book at mini suite if no suite perks?

debway

What would be the point of booking a mini suite if you don't get any of the suite perks?

Depends, however if your booking a mini-suite with no perks chances are you're going for a MX category and paying a whole lot less than you would be for a mini Suite with perks. You should be able to buy any perks along the way for less than they're going.

The upgraded bathroom.

The use of "mini-suite" by NCL has caused much confusion.

This. We're paying extra for a mini on the BA to the Baltics next year because it's mid-ship and I think the larger bathroom just makes the room feel larger. :cool:

I'm sure NCL will eliminate the 'suite' designation at some point due to the confusion, but for now it makes the TAs look like heroes until their clients board the ship and get a reality check.

• Like 1

Have we (or is it just me) missed the intent of the OPs original post question? Perks? Not features!

I think OP was referring to the perks that come with booking a full suite like priority embarkation and disembarkation, having services of a butler and concierge available, dedicated restaurant, etc. I thought they were asking if the mini-suite was worth the extra cost since full suite perks were not included.

I think OP was referring to the perks that come with booking a full suite like priority embarkation and disembarkation, having services of a butler and concierge available, dedicated restaurant, etc. I thought they were asking if the mini-suite was worth the extra cost since full suite perks were not included.

Maybe the OP will clarify.

The Mini-Suite should drop the pretense of being a SUITE it is nothing more than a DELUXE Balcony Cabin

There is Nothing Suite about a Mini-Suite it does not provide service charge waived Room Service or any

Concierge Butler privileges !

One thing that a Mini-Suite may provide however is LOCATION that a Balcony Cabin maybe sold out of or

a less desirable view ! An expensive view ? Probably ?

If offered an upgrade to a mini-suite there being no other options with no additional money to be paid - a deal.

Basically a mini-suite gives you about 10 more square feet of usable space (bathtub) over a balcony cabin.

EXCEPTION: If reference is to a mini-suite on the NCL SUN - take it - the extra square footage will be in larger

closet and storage space and a vanity area - reported to be the best mini-suites in the cruise industry !

A larger cabin on a cruise of more than a few days is always appreciated !

• Like 1

What would be the point of booking a mini suite if you don't get any of the suite perks?

Don't compare a "mini suite" to a "suite" because it has "suite" in the name ..... it's the same as "what would be the point of booking an OV if you don't get any suite perks?"....

We book a mini suite on the older ships as the slightly longer room means that the sofa bed doesn't block the balcony when it's being used.

As there are three of us, that is an issue, so the mini suite is worth it.

That doesn't apply on the newer ships, so a balcony is fine, although on those ships there is often very little difference in price.

I'm sure NCL will eliminate the 'suite' designation at some point due to the confusion, but for now it makes the TAs look like heroes until their clients board the ship and get a reality check.

If a TA say that their clients will get suite perks when booking a mini suite they are lying!

If someone just assume they will get the perks when they book a mini suite it's their own fault.

NCL has never said that the mini suites has all the suite perks included but I agree with those who say that deluxe balcony should be a better name.

Don't compare a "mini suite" to a "suite" because it has "suite" in the name ....

So true. The people who confuse a suite with a minisuite must really be confused when the get their room and find out that it only has a minifridge and not a "full fridge". [emoji33]

• Haha 1

We could upgrade from a mid ship balcony to a mini suite for little, if any, extra charge. There are lots of mini suites available. However, I have read that, because they are under the garden cafe or fitness centre, there can be a lot of noise. This is on the Dawn.

Thoughts?

We could upgrade from a mid ship balcony to a mini suite for little, if any, extra charge. There are lots of mini suites available. However, I have read that, because they are under the garden cafe or fitness centre, there can be a lot of noise. This is on the Dawn.

Thoughts?

You certainly need to select your mini suite carefully.

Mini suites are not all under the garden cafe or fitness centre. They are under that whole deck, which has many different areas.

Actually (I don't know the Dawn all that well, son may be wrong), I don't think any are under the fitness centre on that ship. I think that's the Jewel class.

There are some mini suites under the cabins towards the front and most are under the pool deck, where the biggest problem is apparently chairs being moved around.

The cafe itself isn't a major problem. You don't want to be under the galley though, although I thing that is in the centre on the Dawn, so not as much of a problem.

We booked a mini-suite on the Pearl because they are 285 sq ft versus 205 sq ft for a balcony cabin. With two adults and two teens, we thought it was worth paying a little more for the extra space. We were in a balcony cabin on Breakaway (226 sq ft) and couldn't imagine having even less space than that.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a larger bath with a tub which is nice for many. But the tub has some problems. I do not know if this applies to all NCL ships but does for the Gem glass. The tub is high and has sliding doors. If you are short or have problems taking a high step it will be difficult for you to use the tub or shower. And because the sides of tub are high and the sliding doors move over only about a third it would be challenging to wash a small child.

We had a mini suite on the Pearl and DD loved the tub. Shorty Mom with a cranky knee decided she would only shower when it was smooth sailing.

I'm currently in the breakaway leaving April 2nd and we are booked on a mini suite with large balcony M6. We only paid $150 more than a regular balcony had cost. Traveling with my husband who is 6 feet and 200lbs. We had traveled on the Gem last year in a balcony cabin and he could hardly fit in the bathroom by himself! We are looking forward to the bigger bathroom on the mini suite.

So even though there are no perks like The haven, we like our privacy. No need for a butler and we don't drink so no need for all 5 amenities that come with it. We got the Ultimate Dinner Package and 250 minute Wifi package. Since we bronze members we got 100 free minutes more.

So basically it just goes by preference and what your willing to pay. Also how many people your traveling with. ;)