When will NCL 2019 go on sale?

stitchcreek

Looking at a Baltic cruise around May/June 2019 time - any ideas when this might go on sale?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Every time NCL updates their schedule, they also issue a press release. Their previously issued press releases are available on their website for reference.

That said, generally, the May/June 2019 cruises will be put on sale a year after they put the May/June 2018 cruises on sale, which is a year after they put the May/June 2017 cruises on sale, etc...

The best way to gauge when a part of the schedule will be released is to use the archived press releases as a guide to when that part of the schedule is normally updated.

Wonder when we will see the fall 2018 cruise to Australia and the 2018-2019 season. Will it be the Jewel again? Good chance we won't know that schedule until after the current season is completed, maybe March 2018 for cruises later that year. Makes planning difficult

Wonder when we will see the fall 2018 cruise to Australia and the 2018-2019 season. Will it be the Jewel again? Good chance we won't know that schedule until after the current season is completed, maybe March 2018 for cruises later that year. Makes planning difficult

If NCL returns to Australia in winter (southern summer) 2018/19, I think it would have to be Jewel. All other ships are accounted for. So, barring massive cancelations and repositioning, I think that's the only possibility.

I doubt they can wait for March. If she's not down under, she has to be somewhere, and holding over a thousand cabins back during "wave season" -- the first part of the calendar year when a large percentage of cruises are booked -- would be surprising. Jewel's calendar is open starting October. That means waiting much later than October this year starts to hold unsold cabins while airline calendars are opening for the holidays -- not a position cruise lines want to be in. Jewel has to get from Alaska to somewhere. Unless it's Mexico (unlikely) that means long one-way cruises requiring air travel -- transpacific, Panama Canal, or South America. Absent something unusual, like extensive chartering, extensive exclusive marketing to Aussies, or some surprise massive renovations, I don't think they can wait too much longer. I've been wrong before, but November at the latest is my guess.

If NCL returns to Australia in winter (southern summer) 2018/19, I think it would have to be Jewel. All other ships are accounted for. So, barring massive cancelations and repositioning, I think that's the only possibility.

I doubt they can wait for March. If she's not down under, she has to be somewhere, and holding over a thousand cabins back during "wave season" -- the first part of the calendar year when a large percentage of cruises are booked -- would be surprising. Jewel's calendar is open starting October. That means waiting much later than October this year starts to hold unsold cabins while airline calendars are opening for the holidays -- not a position cruise lines want to be in. Jewel has to get from Alaska to somewhere. Unless it's Mexico (unlikely) that means long one-way cruises requiring air travel -- transpacific, Panama Canal, or South America. Absent something unusual, like extensive chartering, extensive exclusive marketing to Aussies, or some surprise massive renovations, I don't think they can wait too much longer. I've been wrong before, but November at the latest is my guess.

I agree it would make sense to schedule them this year yet, but the Jewel transpacific May, 2018 was just made available recently, about 9 months before the sail date. I hope they do it sooner this time, otherwise scheduling is difficult, especially with so many other choices already out there.

Question - I see POA cruises as far out as May 2020. Clearly, the Hawaii ship is on its own schedule.

Unfortunately, this means I have to be move up my schedule to book January 2021 by an entire year.

Long story short, does anyone know when the Hawaii schedules get posted?

I agree it would make sense to schedule them this year yet, but the Jewel transpacific May, 2018 was just made available recently, about 9 months before the sail date. I hope they do it sooner this time, otherwise scheduling is difficult, especially with so many other choices already out there.

Yeah, it will be interesting for sure. That was a weird situation. There must have been something going on behind the scenes on that one that it took so long to sell. My guess is that was a one-off, while for Jewel we're talking about entire season, and the need to arrange for port stops for months. But maybe they have a couple of contingencies already lined up and they are just waiting on something.

It's hard to imagine what Jewel will do if she doesn't go back to Australia. I guess the safest thing would be to add in some Florida cruises, and maybe more Cuba? It's pretty saturated down there, but they could probably absorb one more ship, and that's a well-worn path so that they could probably shoehorn into reserving port space even at this late date. I wonder how much NCL has had to pay to hold open the ports for Sydney, and the rest of Australia and NZ. I can't imagine they can just cancel them without penalty at will -- Sydney in particular is pretty booked and doesn't have much capacity so I'm sure they have some penalties in their contracts.

Just from looking at Australia cruises this winter, they seem to be offering a number of specials and there are a fair amount of unsold cabins. Maybe part of the problem is that they don't want to release 2018/2019 pricing while the 2017/2018 cruises are being heavily discounted. Someone looking to book in 2018 might not be willing to commit at a price point that is dramatically higher than what the same cruise is selling for this year. Who knows? Worth staying tuned, I guess.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
is there any chance either the Sky or the Dawn will be assigned to Alaska for 2019?

Doubt it with Bliss going and Jewel, trend is for larger ships, even though some narrow passages are better for smaller ships. Current rumor is RCCL sending a big one also.

Doubt it with Bliss going and Jewel, trend is for larger ships, even though some narrow passages are better for smaller ships. Current rumor is RCCL sending a big one also.

not sure a big ship will work in Alaska...small ports..very limited docking space; Juneau will be a nightmare. good thing Bliss will be sailing out of Seattle because the boarding in Vancouver is terrible as is and if mega ships are used it and Vancouver airport will be impossible...what were they thinking?

• 1 month later...

Yes I am waiting for them to release summer 2019 Northern Europe. Interested in the Scotland/Iceland itinerary and want to compare with Princess (who releases theirs on December 14th, and I've already seen their cruises and pricing which is so helpful).

Yes I am waiting for them to release summer 2019 Northern Europe. Interested in the Scotland/Iceland itinerary and want to compare with Princess (who releases theirs on December 14th, and I've already seen their cruises and pricing which is so helpful).

If you're a Captain's Circle Elite member, you can book on the 13th.

• 2 weeks later...
Well its now the 18th of December and still no sign of either RCL or NCL sailings. We are looking for transatlantics, Norway, British Isle, and Iceland sailings for 2019. Lets hope its soon.

RCCL has a British Isles from Amsterdam June 2019. I booked it so it’s there. They have released their itineraries with the exception of the sailings from Southampton.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums