Why are they so special?

miched

Recieved a Email from Celebrity for my exclusive Captain Club newsletter.

First off they have my status listed as Classic. I am Elite Plus and have been for a few years

Here is a link to the newsletter. Scroll down to meet your fellow Captain Club members

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/exclusive-captains-club-newsletter-june-2018?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_22186568&rid=170490133&mes=Celebrity%20Loyalty%20Enewsletter%20June%202018%20EM&emsc=CCC_CLA_NAN_NAN_NAN_USA_MI_0_NAN&empf=Y&emct=C&lnkid=MEMBER_CTA#section-5

Why is this couple treated so special? Shouldn’t everyone now sailing expect the same treatment when celebrating a special occasion?

They aren’t the only passengers that get engaged and etc on a ship.

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I think it’s heartwarming. Why them? Young and in love. Engaged aboard one of Celebrity’s ships. Modern Luxury. Target demographic.

We first sailed X at their age and had a magical time, too.

It was our first cruise together.

I hope X features more of these happy stories.

Recieved a Email from Celebrity for my exclusive Captain Club newsletter.

First off they have my status listed as Classic. I am Elite Plus and have been for a few years

Here is a link to the newsletter. Scroll down to meet your fellow Captain Club members

https://www.celebritycruises.com/blog/exclusive-captains-club-newsletter-june-2018?allowMobile=y&ecid=em_22186568&rid=170490133&mes=Celebrity%20Loyalty%20Enewsletter%20June%202018%20EM&emsc=CCC_CLA_NAN_NAN_NAN_USA_MI_0_NAN&empf=Y&emct=C&lnkid=MEMBER_CTA#section-5

Why is this couple treated so special? Shouldn’t everyone now sailing expect the same treatment when celebrating a special occasion?

They aren’t the only passengers that get engaged and etc on a ship.

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

He may have been the only one in recent memory who went out of his way to enlist the help of crew and staff to make it very special...

After all, per the article, there were quite a few people involved in the plan... I Am sure other do the same, maybe this one was just so special it deserved mention?

Nothing wrong with that, IMO.

As well, you may want to get on the phone with CC and make sure they have your level shoring correctly, goodness knows it is deserved.

bon voyage

X is striving to change its demographic...needs to attract hi end new cruisers willing to spend big ( suites)

. It appears this couple fills the bill and has a cute story. Great ad copy. Of course, most X cruisers will be much older, for now.

Cunarder magazine also highlights various guests. .Mostly loyal cruisers .

We really prefer info about the ships, new itins, officers, crew, dining etc but no harm in the people stuff.

The photo of LLP was really something...not in a good way.

Why not them? They had to pick someone. Not sure why you have an issue.

Maybe the OP needs to be nominated for special mention in the next issue for being E+ so the videographer and photographer can follow them around to document their sailing to get special mention?

I rather enjoyed the 'highlight' as they went into detail about them and etc...

While we do not really know what the OP is thinking about the highlight, it is obvious it rubbed them the wrong way, for sure.

There may be an issue because the CC level was not correct and threw a wrench into the whole deal of a couple getting recognition, possibly?

Thank you for your insight, as well, I for one, appreciate it.

bon voyage

Edited by Bo1953

The whole issue that I am making is there are many on this board that ask or inquire if Celebrity does anything to recognize or do for them when celebrating a special occasion and etc.

Seeing this article they may now expect that everyone one will or should recieve the same

The only reason that I indicated my level was another flaw in their system of how accurate they keep their records

Happy cruisng 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Good By

To the OP's follow up about those here who ask about getting something special for a special occasion, I Am quite sure they are not thinking about getting included in the periodically issued CC newsletter.

They are thinking and asking about a private function or setup for them to make the sailing a bit more special, or so I believe and not something they are wanting publicized in this way..

bon voyage

I wouldn't worry about the Classic status, Miched. After all this is the Celebrity web site.

I got this email too. When I opened it, it was addressed to DH as an Elite (not) with a whopping 14 points. Now, how did he do that? Imagine all the people who have 14 points who would like to be Elite!

I have no idea how they have arrived at 14, but I have seen it before on my email address and then directed to him. My level is correct, points and all and since we always cruise together, I haven't bothered to do anything about this. Should I?

Off topic (I don't want to waste space on a new thread. Anyone noticed the last page of the current x-citing deals? Gosh, I don't know how they're going to get all those ships in place to do the advertised sailings. Summit over here to do Alaska for a week. Eclipse, Reflection and Constellation all doing Bermuda...............Why don't they look at what they are writing before they post it?

I think it’s heartwarming. Why them? Young and in love. Engaged aboard one of Celebrity’s ships. Modern Luxury. Target demographic.

We first sailed X at their age and had a magical time, too.

It was our first cruise together.

I hope X features more of these happy stories.

Ding! Ding! I think we have a winner. They’re probably happy they could find an attractive, real-life young couple who fits the demographic, and feature them. I’d probably be more surprised if they featured Mr and Mrs Doe celebrating their Diamond wedding anniversary on board.

Seems like someone feels unappreciated.

We too have many cruises on X and are among the thousands of E+, we don’t expect to be featured in a article and are happy to see a special moment in someone’s life recognized. Personally I wouldnt be interested in a article about someone’s 50th anniversary or 75th birthday.

My only comment is - why am I not special enough to have ever received an 'exclusive Captain's Club Newsletter' at all???

Out of interest I clicked the link and it took me straight to the Celebrity Home page. So I definitely am not special enough to even read someone else's. :confused::(

Can we please address the elephant in the room that no one wants to mention, well I will and I am making no social comment here just bringing up a fact. All you have to do is watch TV now and you will obviously notice that it is the thing now for advertisers to show mixed race couples. Good luck to them.

This is the same thing as a couple of months ago they put a big press release out about having their first gay wedding at sea. Just an advertising gimmick.

Edited by dkjretired

Can we please address the elephant in the room that no one wants to mention, well I will and I am making no social comment here just bringing up a fact. All you have to do is watch TV now and you will obviously notice that it is the thing now for advertisers to show mixed race couples. Good luck to them.

This is the same thing as a couple of months ago they put a big press release out about having their first gay wedding at sea. Just an advertising gimmick.

This may be your elephant, yet not mine or others...

Same as for Gay weddings, nothing wrong with advertizing that they are available especially when there is a clamour for weddings at sea or other destinations.

Maybe it is because I Am a boomer that it does not matter?

Maybe it is because my family insured that we had the widest exposure to education and people and cultures?

Maybe it is because I was taught to keep physical differences to a minimum and be as accepting of others as they were accepting of us despite disdain and treatment by them?

This, IMO and IME makes for very few elephants in any room, only in their natural habitat where they belong.

bon voyage

This may be your elephant, yet not mine or others...

Same as for Gay weddings, nothing wrong with advertizing that they are available especially when there is a clamour for weddings at sea or other destinations.

Maybe it is because I Am a boomer that it does not matter?

Maybe it is because my family insured that we had the widest exposure to education and people and cultures?

Maybe it is because I was taught to keep physical differences to a minimum and be as accepting of others as they were accepting of us despite disdain and treatment by them?

This, IMO and IME makes for very few elephants in any room, only in their natural habitat where they belong.

bon voyage

Bo

Only said that because no one wanted to mention the obvious, I could care less just like you.

Bo

Only said that because no one wanted to mention the obvious, I could care less just like you.

d - Thank you for this, while I Am sure many of us saw this yet did not give it a second thought or even thought it worthy of mentioning even though it can possibly be divined through some of the comments made.

I accept that some people get a bit unsettled by such things and welcome the opportunity to make them feel more comfortable or as comfortable as possible in this ever changing world... or ours.

bon voyage

d - Thank you for this, while I Am sure many of us saw this yet did not give it a second thought or even thought it worthy of mentioning even though it can possibly be divined through some of the comments made.

I accept that some people get a bit unsettled by such things and welcome the opportunity to make them feel more comfortable or as comfortable as possible in this ever changing world... or ours.

bon voyage

I would love to have a conversation with you as to some of the subtleties of this but this is not the place for it. By the way we are also from Central Jersey, near Sandy Hook.

I would love to have a conversation with you as to some of the subtleties of this but this is not the place for it. By the way we are also from Central Jersey, near Sandy Hook.

You are close enough for a lunch date or cocktails for sure...Ewing, NJ here...

bon voyage

I seem to recall seeing this newsletter in my email...and I did glance at it and moved on. I know DW and I are special to Celebrity. They are always happy to take our money, to see us on their ships and to make sure we have a great time. A few years ago we did an Alaska cruise around the time of her birthday. Had OBC to burn so we did dinner in one of the specialty restaurants and they brought her a birthday cake....we said thanks but her birthday is next week...so they sent another cake to our cabin. Now that was special and the family in the cabin next to us was really happy when we shared our cakes with them.......My point? We are all special so just move on and enjoy your lives and your cruises and while you are at it, be nice to everyone else.

The picture allows Celebrity to reach several target audiences. They mention Suites and a proposal. They are representative of the demographic that Celebrity is targeting. Mentioning that they are from St Louis and are busy with their careers tends to support the notion that they go to some effort to take a Celebrity cruise and they've always found it enjoyable. They also spend time in the story to feature the staff.

Nothing is done by accident. This story is just marketing and the picture and story check all the boxes.

Congratulations to the couple!