Dancing Waiters!

Wombservice

Hello all,

Do the waiters only do their routine during the fixed dining times, or do they perform during ATD also? Thanks!

Since ATD is in one of the same dining rooms that has fixed dining times, but on a different level, the answer would be "both".

Thanks, guys - we’ll be sailing the Horizon this coming week and wondered if that was the case for all ships. This is hubby’s first cruise, and I thought he’d get a kick out of seeing them!

Cute the first time or two but after that not so cute.

Since ATD is in one of the same dining rooms that has fixed dining times, but on a different level, the answer would be "both".

I've actually never been on a ship where ATD and fixed time dining is in the same dining room. They're always separate. I think there's only 1 or 2 ships where they're in the same room?

But yes, the waiters dance for ATD.

Yeah, but I can appreciate that others will find it entertaining, I recall when we first started. However 20 cruises later we head out the door before the show starts. Honestly I never want to hear them sing "you are leaving on a Fun Ship" again.... Lol

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Yeah, but I can appreciate that others will find it entertaining, I recall when we first started. However 20 cruises later we head out the door before the show starts. Honestly I never want to hear them sing "you are leaving on a Fun Ship" again.... Lol

Always thought they had enough of a workload serving passengers without making service stop for 10 minutes so they can sing and dance.

Hello all,

Do the waiters only do their routine during the fixed dining times, or do they perform during ATD also? Thanks!

Yes, but they only dance at certain times, and those times vary. Depending on what time you dine you might see them...or you might not.

Not same dining room on all ships.

I've actually never been on a ship where ATD and fixed time dining is in the same dining room. They're always separate. I think there's only 1 or 2 ships where they're in the same room?

But yes, the waiters dance for ATD.

To the best of my knowledge, all of the ships' dining rooms have two levels. One level is accessed on Deck Three, and the other level is accessed on Deck 4. And all ships have two dining rooms, one forward, off of the Atrium, and the other is Aft. In one of those dining rooms, one level (probably Deck 3) will be for ATD. The other level (probably Deck 4) of the same dining room will be for fixed dining times. On some ships, ATD will be in the forward dining room, while on other ships it will be in the AFT dining room.

To the best of my knowledge, all of the ships' dining rooms have two levels. One level is accessed on Deck Three, and the other level is accessed on Deck 4. And all ships have two dining rooms, one forward, off of the Atrium, and the other is Aft. In one of those dining rooms, one level (probably Deck 3) will be for ATD. The other level (probably Deck 4) of the same dining room will be for fixed dining times. On some ships, ATD will be in the forward dining room, while on other ships it will be in the AFT dining room.

Nope... See Fantasy class deck plans. One floor.

Agree.

On our last cruise I was a bit rude and ordered our appetizers, entree and desert upon first contact with the waiter just to get out of there before the dancing. Makes for a long dinner if they are not done with your service before the dancing starts. And they are not very good at dancing. Ugh.

Nope... See Fantasy class deck plans. One floor.

Thanks for the clarification. I haven't been on a Fantasy class ship since the Sensation back in 2008. That was ten years ago. I guess my memory is kind of fuzzy. :confused:

Agreed. After spending multiple dinners looking at our main courses or desserts sitting on a tray while the waiters dance, I’m over it. Please, just bring me my food! :eek: I don’t begrudge people that enjoy the dancing, but when my food is sitting 10 feet away and getting cold while they dance, I’m not super thrilled. :o

I don’t get why people like this so much. I really don’t.... maybe first time cruisers?

....and 35+ Carnival cruisers. It is part of what Carnival fun is all about. Obviously not for everybody, but the majority enjoy it (include in that the crew that participates as well). To each their own, there is alway YTD that you can work around it if it matters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

....and 35+ Carnival cruisers. It is part of what Carnival fun is all about. Obviously not for everybody, but the majority enjoy it (include in that the crew that participates as well). To each their own, there is alway YTD that you can work around it if it matters.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It is part of Carnival and it will continue. Wonder though if the majority of the crew really does enjoy it or do they just accept it as part of their job.