New York to Welcome New Cruise Ship, MSC Meraviglia, in 2019

LauraS

More details here: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/About-MSC/News/MSC-Meraviglia-New-York-Itineraries.aspx

10-Night Sailings Departing from New York

• October 8, 2019: The first of the two 10-night sailings from New York will tour stunning Canadian destinations during the region’s most colorful time of year. Cruisers can explore the fall hues in Sydney, Nova Scotia; Corner Brook, Newfoundland; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; and an overnight stay in Quebec City, Quebec, before returning to New York.*
  • October 18, 2019: The second 10-night sailing for MSC Meraviglia departing from New York will explore Canada as well as the New England region, with ports of call in Bar Harbor, Maine; Saint John, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Portland, Maine; and Boston, Massachusetts.*

*Prices start at $799 per person plus $25 shipboard credit, WiFi and a mealtime drink package.

13-Night Sailing Departing from New York to Miami

• October 28, 2019: MSC Meraviglia’s final sailing from New York will journey to Miami through the Caribbean on a 13-night sailing. Guests can experience picturesque Caribbean destinations like Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Fort de France, Martinique; Bridgetown, Barbados; Saint George, Grenada; Willemstad, Curaçao; and Oranjestad, Aruba, before arriving in Miami.

*Prices start at $999 per person plus $25 shipboard credit, WiFi and a mealtime drink package.

Reservations start January 2nd.

I was excited about the first itinerary, which has an overnight in Quebec City. But it turns out it overlaps with the Jewish high holiday days, and I don't feel like spending Yom Kippur on a cruise ship. I've been almost everywhere on the second itinerary and the third is just a repositioning cruise to Miami with a bunch of Caribbean ports.

Are MSC and SEABOURN the same cruising company? Why does LauraS keep referring to MSC ships as Seabourn ships??? just curious...:confused::confused:

Case in point:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=54601507&postcount=1

The posts are generated automatically when they post a news article. They are not being manually typed out by Laura. Somehow the script is bugged in that the cruise line name does not get filled in correctly as MSC, but rather Seabourn. Only the developer who created the site can fix it. Try posting in the site related bugs forum.

More details here: https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/About-MSC/News/MSC-Meraviglia-New-York-Itineraries.aspx

• October 8, 2019: The first of the two 10-night sailings from New York will tour stunning Canadian destinations during the region’s most colorful time of year. Cruisers can explore the fall hues in Sydney, Nova Scotia; Corner Brook, Newfoundland; Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island; and an overnight stay in Quebec City, Quebec, before returning to New York.*
  • October 18, 2019: The second 10-night sailing for MSC Meraviglia departing from New York will explore Canada as well as the New England region, with ports of call in Bar Harbor, Maine; Saint John, New Brunswick; Halifax, Nova Scotia; Sydney, Nova Scotia; Portland, Maine; and Boston, Massachusetts.*

*Prices start at $799 per person plus $25 shipboard credit, WiFi and a mealtime drink package.

• October 28, 2019: MSC Meraviglia’s final sailing from New York will journey to Miami through the Caribbean on a 13-night sailing. Guests can experience picturesque Caribbean destinations like Philipsburg, St. Maarten; Fort de France, Martinique; Bridgetown, Barbados; Saint George, Grenada; Willemstad, Curaçao; and Oranjestad, Aruba, before arriving in Miami.

*Prices start at $999 per person plus $25 shipboard credit, WiFi and a mealtime drink package.

I was excited about the first itinerary, which has an overnight in Quebec City. But it turns out it overlaps with the Jewish high holiday days, and I don't feel like spending Yom Kippur on a cruise ship. I've been almost everywhere on the second itinerary and the third is just a repositioning cruise to Miami with a bunch of Caribbean ports.

Thank you for this.

Looking forward to this! Not been to some ports.

Thanks for the share.

I am very happy to see the New York itineraries, I live in Canada but I have not been to some of the ports! And, I love New York so it's just another excuse to go. ����

NCL does Fall cruises for many of those ports as well out of NYC.

• 3 weeks later...
When does the Maiden Transatlantic Crossing go on sale?

That's what I want to know as I'm really keen on this one. We would dock in New York on the hubby's 40th birthday so would be really nice to explore New York for a few days afterwards.

Hopefully it's Jan 2nd like the USA itineraries?!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reservations have already started. I checked for the 3 itineraries from NY.

Just booked a yacht club balcony on deck 16 for 10/8/19. Looked like I had the choice of the entire yacht club, both interior & balconies. Kept going back & forth whether to book a yacht club interior or balcony, but after seeing a video of an interior YC, small, no couch, tiny closet went with the balcony. God willing that we will be healthy & able that far out my DH & I decided go for it. We are also booked in yacht club balcony on the Seaside 10/6/18.