Commendations for NCL.

Dayana

Wanted to take a moment today to acknowledging NCL's efforts as a responsible corporate citizen. Just read the announcement that effort are being made to by NCL sky to help in the evacuation on many of our neighboring islands in their own efforts to recover from Irma. As much as many on here complain about services (many of which seem minor). This is a good time to commend the CruiseLine for putting people ahead of profit. Also noted the cancellation of his weeks Miami parting sailings were cancelled with FULL refunds AND a 50% discount on a future cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Wanted to take a moment today to acknowledging NCL's efforts as a responsible corporate citizen. Just read the announcement that effort are being made to by NCL sky to help in the evacuation on many of our neighboring islands in their own efforts to recover from Irma. As much as many on here complain about services (many of which seem minor). This is a good time to commend the CruiseLine for putting people ahead of profit. Also noted the cancellation of his weeks Miami parting sailings were cancelled with FULL refunds AND a 50% discount on a future cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=8058

"B-but.....will I get Latitudes points for every night that I'm on the ship?....Do I get my included free laundry service and chocolate-covered strawberries?" - never satisfied NCL "non-cheerleader". clear.png?emoji-smile-1684

Or the thread last night (deleted) where a pax was upset because they cut off their UBP for the Escape's extra days at sea. Said he was "lied to" and that it was just wrong, so wrong.

Lucky them. The Sky's an Open Bar ship!!

The CRUISES might include open bar, but to assume a rescue mission would also include an open bar is a big assumption.

In any event, cheers to NCL

And, check out this post with more details on the mission made a few minutes earlier.

Norwegian Sky to Sail Rescue Mission to St. Thomas September 09, 2017

I don't doubt they were told that originally and it was likely before they knew how many would stay on along with all the "extra" passengers they took on. I imagine NCL came to the realization that liquor supplies could dwindle quickly.

I have become disappointed and disgruntled with NCL in recent months, for various reasons, but I have seen corporate in a whole new light during Irma. I feel much better knowing they are using their "profits" for humanitarian reasons. What they have done, and are doing, is commendable; I am seeing them in a whole different light.

Or the thread last night (deleted) where a pax was upset because they cut off their UBP for the Escape's extra days at sea. Said he was "lied to" and that it was just wrong, so wrong.

<Flame suit on>

NCL has a vested interest to see the Eastern Caribbean back on its feet as soon as possible. Kudos to them for stepping up to the plate, but there is a commercial reason behind it as well. Just saying.

Well, of course there is, Captain Obvious. :rolleyes: