no longer loyal to royal

ukcats1996

So we just cancelled our 5 future cruises with royal. We cancelled a drink package before our last cruise due to we switched ships a week before going out and purchased a new drink package which cost more money, royal was suppose to refund our money for the drink package we cancelled, so check my credit card and nope they didn't refund us. Called them about the refund and they said they didn't owe us a refund they took that money and put it on our new cruise (which they never did have invoice to prove it). I told they if u cancel a item from your cruise planner your suppose to be refunded. Then they have the nerve to send me a new invoice now showing I owe them over 500.00 dollars from my past cruise. Funny thing is if I owed them money they would have not let me on the cruise. Tired of royal taking our money and then never wanted to fix the problems so now searching for a new cruise line. ( I am also a diamond plus member)

So we just cancelled our 5 future cruises with royal. We cancelled a drink package before our last cruise due to we switched ships a week before going out and purchased a new drink package which cost more money, royal was suppose to refund our money for the drink package we cancelled, so check my credit card and nope they didn't refund us. Called them about the refund and they said they didn't owe us a refund they took that money and put it on our new cruise (which they never did have invoice to prove it). I told they if u cancel a item from your cruise planner your suppose to be refunded. Then they have the nerve to send me a new invoice now showing I owe them over 500.00 dollars from my past cruise. Funny thing is if I owed them money they would have not let me on the cruise. Tired of royal taking our money and then never wanted to fix the problems so now searching for a new cruise line. ( I am also a diamond plus member)

Good luck on your future vacations. Not sure what you want here, not many here work for Royal. I get announcing you are leaving due to some policy, but when a billing error occurs, it is what it is, nobody here can help you. You could try escalating, but since no one here was party if your conversations, as far as we know, you could have miscalculated the costs.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

I know it feels good to just vent sometimes. It is frustrating when a company has all the "power" in situations like this and are holding your $$.

Before I give up on RC, I would send an email to the CEO. They have always been very responsive in the executive offices and I think your Diamond Plus status works in your favor.

It will be difficult to build up to a comparable Diamond Plus status by starting over with another cruise line. Good luck with wherever you go. And for the rest of us... one less person in the Diamond Lounge I suppose.

Awesome, More cabins open

I hear ya, ukcats! It seems like Royal is bent on cutting off its nose to spite its face at times! ;p So, write a letter! Seriously. There is something about the written word that gets people's attention. Don't give up on getting your refund. Put in a dispute with your credit card. Make some noise. With Royal it takes some effort to see results. Wishing you all the best in your future cruises!

I know it feels good to just vent sometimes. It is frustrating when a company has all the "power" in situations like this and are holding your $$.

Before I give up on RC, I would send an email to the CEO. They have always been very responsive in the executive offices and I think your Diamond Plus status works in your favor.

It will be difficult to build up to a comparable Diamond Plus status by starting over with another cruise line. Good luck with wherever you go. And for the rest of us... one less person in the Diamond Lounge I suppose.

If she switched to Celebrity wouldn't she get status there based on being a Diamond member on RC

I'm a nobody. Zero cruises on RCCL. I had a billing issue this week as they canceled my OBC. Instead of screaming and having a temper tantrum and racing back to NCL I called them. I went to escalation and whala....fixed with an apology. Annoying....sure. Worth canceling my vacation?? Not a chance.

And for what it's worth, I canceled one cruise on NCL and reschedule another with a different itinerary. They took all of the money I had prepaid for shore excursions (drink packages are typically free on NCL) and applied it to the balance of the new cruise. I wasn't out a penny...it was just prepaid earlier than anticipate

Moral of my long story: Accidents and errors happen. You can leave RCCL but let's be honest...they won't miss you as they have thousands loyal Hope your efforts are getting you what you truly want

Instead of beat feeting it to CC to announce your done with Royal you should be focused on escalating your complaint to get results. In the big scheme of things nobody real here really cares that you're done.

Disclaimer: Posted from the pub on Harmony of the Seas after a few Stone IPAs.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I detest people who say they wont travel on a vendor because of a policy or misinderstanding.

I disagree. I applaud those who vote with their dollars when a policy or a customer service issue arises. I hate all the whining and complaining on here about how people hate the policies, and then they continue to book a bunch of cruises anyway. Good for you for actually taking your business elsewhere!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I too have cruised my last royal cruise. I had a state emergency with Irma in Florida and they refused to make any type of help. All they are is capitalists looking to get whatever they can out of you. They are like vultures

it was a rant and all I am looking for from Royal is my 455.00 back

I suspect that part of the problem is the chaos around rerouting so many itineraries. But check your with your cc regarding any time limit on disputing charges. Ultimately, if RCI is unable to resolve the matter before any cc deadline, you should probably dispute the charges.

we have been in contact with royal Caribbean on this issue and its been 2 weeks trying to resolve this and still they still tell me the same thing over and over. we have wrote emails to them also, this happen on 8/30/2017 and still 17 days in they are standing by that the don't owe us a refund for a drink package that we cancelled before the ship even set sail.

I too have cruised my last royal cruise. I had a state emergency with Irma in Florida and they refused to make any type of help. All they are is capitalists looking to get whatever they can out of you. They are like vultures

Imagine that a business wanting to make money and stay in business, I am really shocked.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Forums mobile app

Just throwing my 2 cents in here...I book a cruise or tour relatively soon prior to departure. I guess I am faithful to no one (except my DH). I book what is a great price and offers me something or someplace new to see.

Yes I have my favorites, Princess and Holland but I also love Gate 1 Tours, WorldSpree and African Budget Safaris.

You need to book what works for you. Loyalty is not as important as it was years ago in any field, cruising, the work place, ect.

Live your life for YOU not to satisfy someone else.

I see you live in Florida and booked a cruise during hurricane season. Put a claim in with your insurance company. You did buy insurance, right? How is this royal's problem?

we have been in contact with royal Caribbean on this issue and its been 2 weeks trying to resolve this and still they still tell me the same thing over and over. we have wrote emails to them also, this happen on 8/30/2017 and still 17 days in they are standing by that the don't owe us a refund for a drink package that we cancelled before the ship even set sail.

Your CC company can prove that the refund never happened. Let them work it out.

You aren't sharing the problem you are having. You need to be at the pier if the ship sails. Always been that way. Always will.