Crystal Light Powder Packets

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:19 AM.
Tennessee
579 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
I do that every time. I travel with it in the plastic container and I also keep my Stevia packets in there with them. Hardly ever use them though. I bring them to drink with my mini bar setup and I don't think I even use them this time. I also sometimes travel with powdered creamer and that hasn't been a problem. I was actually worried about that it was a white powder and my container was already open but it's been a non-issue. I found that anything that's not on the banned list is no problem. This last cruise we Croton coconut milk, the Crystal Light, Red Bull and half of a pizza from a restaurant in Port LOL

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
09-06-2014 Golden Princess - Happy 9th Anniversary to us!
03-22-2015 Emerald Princess - Kids first cruise!
01-30-2016 Coral Princess-Just out of DRY DOCK DEBACLE
09-11-2017 Star Princess- BACK to Alaska! Land and sea !!!
pennsylvania
474 Posts
Joined Feb 2012
Wow, thought we were the only ones. We cruise for 30-35 days and actually bring a Tupperware pitcher and about 50 crystal lights and a spoon. This is what hubby drinks in the room during the day after head and neck cancer needing lots of liquid all the time. Now I don't feel bad all the things we bring!!
3,561 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by tawlaw1526
I have bottled water ordered to be delivered to my cabin on my upcoming Regal cruise and I enjoy adding Crystal Light flavors to my water. I wondered if anyone has ever traveled with Crystal Light Drink Powder Packets? I want to bring the little powder sleeves that are the perfect mix for the 16.9 bottles of water. I am wondering if it's a bad idea to fly with Crystal Light Powder in my checked bag and then go through ship security. I certainly don't need flavored water bad enough to have security issues. Does anyone know if you can buy it on the ship? I never thought to look for it on past cruises. This is the first time I ordered the bottles of water. Thank you in advance for your comments.
I bring a baggy full of the Crystal Light powder drinks. I like the fruit punch flavor. I've had people stop and ask me what I was drinking, waiters have asked too. You will have no problem getting your Crystal Lights to the ship.

We also bring 6 small cans of D'Vita Cappuccino powder mix. We like it in our coffee in the morning. Saves purchasing it on board.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Cruises

05/2017 Grand Princess - Alaska
02/2017 Grand Princess - Hawaii
11/2016 Royal Princess - Caribbean
10/2016 Caribbean Princess - New England
5/2016 Carnival Legend - Alaska
4/2016 Coral Princess - Panama Canal
2/2016 Ruby Princess - Mexican Riviera
1/2016 Ruby Princess - Hawaii
12/2015 Island Princess - Panama Canal
9/2015 Carnival Miracle - Mexico
5/2015 Golden Princess - Alaska
4/2015 Crown Princess - California Coastal
1/2015 Star Princess - Hawaii
10/2014 Star Princess--Mexico
8/2014 Carnival Imagination--Mexico
5/2014 Star Princess (Alaska)
2/2014 Sapphire Princess--Mexico
11/2013 Grand Princess--Hawaii
8/2013 Carnival Miracle--Alaska
1/2013 Inspiration--Mexico
1/2013 Inspiration (b2b)--Mexico
10/2012 Island Princess (Panama Canal)
10/2010 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
10/2010 Carnival Spirit-b2b--Mexico
1/2010 Carnival Splendor--Mexico
1/2009 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
11/2007 Carnival Spirit--Mexico
1/2004 Diamond Princess--Mexico
11/2003 Carnival Pride--Mexico
12/2002 Carnival Elation--Mexico
1/2001 Carnival Elation--Mexico
5/2000 Carnival Elation--Mexico
1986 - RCCL Song of America--Caribbean
1984 - RCCL Song of Norway-
-Caribbean
378 Posts
Joined Oct 2008
With diabetics among our group, we always bring many things like this...sugarfree drink packets, sugarfree french vanilla coffee creamer, Sugarfree SwissMiss hot choc. mix...and Stevia. It hasn't been that long ago when the only sweetners Princess had was Equal or SweetNLow and we brought our own Splenda. (before the days of Stevia) We've never had a problem with any of these things - either with flying or security on the ship....
I flew with powdered laundry detergent....for years. Now I bring the little pods, but have to pack them in small plastic 'boxes' (from Dollar Tree) to keep them from being punctured....
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
I don't always take (or have) the time to write reviews....but when I do.....
Voyage of the Glaciers - NB - Star Princess 8/26/17-9/2/17: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2542116; Blog of Voy. of Glac. NB: https://frugaltraveling.wordpress.com/

West. Caribbean - Caribbean Princess Apr 19-26, 2014
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2034962
Carnival and Princess - A Comparison
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2315103
San Francisco, CA
367 Posts
Joined Oct 2013
I use the liquid version on cruises all the time. Mixed with club soda and a splash of vodka, makes a wonderful low calorie adult beverage. Otherwise, the syrups used in most cocktails kills my calorie count for the day.

As others have said, using powdered form should be even less of an issue