What is the closest to sail date you have booked?

true45

I booked a cruise on Carnival between 2 and 3 weeks before sail time. Didn't get a great cabin selection, it was a 6th deck balcony above the piano bar. Most nights the piano bar closed by 11PM, so we weren't even back to the cabin then, but one night they closed near 2AM.

I wouldn't have minded much if he was good, but the sounds that came through the walls and floor were horrid.

I booked a cruise on Carnival between 2 and 3 weeks before sail time. Didn't get a great cabin selection, it was a 6th deck balcony above the piano bar. Most nights the piano bar closed by 11PM, so we weren't even back to the cabin then, but one night they closed near 2AM.

I wouldn't have minded much if he was good, but the sounds that came through the walls and floor were horrid.

Yes, often not much choice that close to sailing date - and we are usually careful (fussy[emoji6])

About location. So a cruise may not happen this time.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I booked a holiday cruise on HAL Amsterdam on Dec 15th and boarded on Dec. 18th. It was the luck of the drawl. Found it online and called a TA I know. I was on the on my phone with the TA and on line booking the flights. We packed that afternoon and left the next morning Dec. 16th for Ft Lauderdale, 2 hrs.from our home here in Florida (the flights were very cheap) Spent the night in Ft. Lauderdale and flew to San Diego on the 17th to catch the ship on the 18th. Spent 17 days aboard over Christmas and New Years. Yep It can be done!!!

I would like to book a cruise probably 7-nights but may only have 1-2 week before the sail date. Is it possible?

Thanks

Linda

I have never booked ,for myself, anything close to a sail date ; BUT, two weeks ago I helped my cousins book a cruise , to sail with us and it’s their first cruise, and we sail in just over a week!

When I was sailing on my own, I regularly booked within a week of embarkation - it was a matter of keeping an eye on air fares (if necessary) simultaneously with cruise fares and being ready to go or not go at last minute. A few times sailing from New York (less than an hour train ride) it was easy - two days before was earliest booking.

You just have to be happy/willing to not go if it does not pan out.

I would like to book a cruise probably 7-nights but may only have 1-2 week before the sail date. Is it possible?

Thanks

Linda

To answer the title question, we booked on a Thursday night for a Sunday departure once.

As noted, you can book up to the day before on most cruiselines. Typically, if within 3 days of a cruise, you must call to make a reservation, you can't book online that late.

Three days for a Carnival Caribbean cruise from Miami and, as I recall, three days for an RCI Med cruise from Rome ( we were travelling in Sicily when we booked it).

When we do land travel we often keep an eye open to late booking offers in areas where we happen to be travelling.