NCL Laundry question

limeyalchemist

Latitude Gold members can get 50% off of the cost of a bag of laundry on board.

My question is this. If they have a "special" during the cruise, I have heard $27.99 is a typical price, will NCL let you get this price 50% off, i.e. $13.99 per bag?

Is the $27.99 price fairly common, and do they usually have a laundry promo towards the end of the cruise?

Thanks.

I’m not sure about the Lattitudes reward in combination with the laundry special, and I wonder if laundry prices vary from ship to ship. Earlier this month the special price on the Dawn was $19.95 for a bag. It was a 10-day cruise and they ran the special twice - once about 3 days in and again around the 7-day mark.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My question is this. If they have a "special" during the cruise, I have heard $27.99 is a typical price, will NCL let you get this price 50% off, i.e. $13.99 per bag?

Is the $27.99 price fairly common, and do they usually have a laundry promo towards the end of the cruise?

Thanks.

The special price is actually $19.95 and yes if you selected this as your latitude gold perk then you would get 50% off and only pay $10. All you have to do is stuff your clothes in the bag they provide and write in big letters “GOLD”. You will have to keep an eye out for how much they charge you. Sometimes they get the discount in there and sometimes not. If they do not give you the discount, just go down to guest services and they will fix it for you.

.... selected this as your latitude gold perk...

It isn't a "perk" you select it is an entitlement

Laundry Service (per member)

50% on one bag for Gold, one complimentary bag for Platinum and above

Hello,

The Mrs. and I are both Platinum, so wondering if we each get a complimentary bag or is it limited to (1) complimentary bag per stateroom ?

Thanks in advance

Vinegarjoe

Hello,

The Mrs. and I are both Platinum, so wondering if we each get a complimentary bag or is it limited to (1) complimentary bag per stateroom ?

Thanks in advance

Vinegarjoe

Laundry is one per platinum member. You can write Platinum on the bag or get another coupon from the Cruise Next Department.

The special price is actually $19.95 and yes if you selected this as your latitude gold perk then you would get 50% off and only pay $10. All you have to do is stuff your clothes in the bag they provide and write in big letters “GOLD”. You will have to keep an eye out for how much they charge you. Sometimes they get the discount in there and sometimes not. If they do not give you the discount, just go down to guest services and they will fix it for you.

Thanks!

Platinum benefits changed a while ago to one per stateroom on the "coupon" perqs.

Incorrect. You get one bag per Platinum member. You can get an extra coupon from cruise next.

Is the $27.99 price fairly common, and do they usually have a laundry promo towards the end of the cruise? .

The Bulk Laundry Special is $19.95

98bc5dc625a8c6e078498cff7925ada8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by BirdTravels

Thanks.

We just returned from a Panama cruise and during the cruise they ran a special of $19.99 for a bag of laundry. We have Platinum status and each get a bag for free. The service was great and the clothes were clean and shirts put on hangars. The special price was a great deal for those who have to pay.

Hello,

Thanks in advance

Vinegarjoe

We just returned from a cruise on Feb. 16 and onboard we had a coupon book for Platinum that included the two free dinners and one bag of laundry. In the coupon book there was a statement that said that we could go to the front desk and get the other coupon for the laundry there. So, if both people in a cabin are Platinum, you each get a free bag of laundry.

Do platinum members have to use their free coupon on the same day as the $19.99 bag is offered, or can we use our free coupon any day of the cruise?

The previous post answer was indeed correct - any time !

NOTE ONE THING - for better service do not do your coupon laundry service on the same day time frame

as the $19.95 bag deal !

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
On 2/25/2018 at 9:13 PM, jwatford said:

Last week on Encore, when I was still gold,  (Platinum now on Escape and got free bag), we used the 19.99 special and didnt get a 50% discount for gold. I went to guest services and they told me the 50% only applies to full price laundry and not to the 19.99 special. 

I took their word for it, but I'm not convinced they were correct. 

1 hour ago, podgeandrodge said:

1 hour ago, podgeandrodge said:

I took their word for it, but I'm not convinced they were correct. 

Not accurate.  It's based on the $19.95 bundled service. Been there, done that. This is similar to the waiters telling pax that they are only permitted 1 app, 1 main and 1 dessert (rules for Platinum dinners) when they have SDP.  They confuse the Platinum dinners with the SDP T&Cs and it seems to be getting worse.  Unfortunate. 

• Thanks 1