Royal Car does not know how to do math-advertised 20% off bev pkg really only 10%

We were so excited to book the Harmony of the Seas. The ship looks amazing, but unfortunately our experience with their Customer Service is far less than amazing. It is downright like dealing with used car salesmen!!! Royal Caribbean is misrepresenting the online discounted price of 20% off premium beverage pkg. Spoke with several Royal Caribbean agents and was advised the onboard price $55/day +18% service charge, but online special booked pre-cruise 20% off - for $50 day + 18% service charge. I inquired since 20% off $55 is $44 + 18%. Each agent then said it was now $57/day, which again 20% off does not = $50. Then 2 advised that it was really $60 onboard, HOWEVER - DO THE MATH, 20% off 60 is $48. I do not like the car sales mentality and methods of this cruise line and would cancel if I didn't book this last minute trip. We normally take Norwegian, since cost is much less AND Drinks INCLUDED. We really wanted to try the newer RC Harmony of the Seas for the big ship experience, but can not believe how bad the customer service is. One lady agent, put me on hold, occasionally checking back saying it she is still looking into it. The price of a drink package should not be THAT DIFFICULT! In fact, my cell is still on hold - now for over an hour - (I just want to hold until I get to the survey - Thank goodness for unlimited data plan!!!) This ship better be amazing. It is costing us a fortune, and the quality of the customer service is subpar. Guess they would rather lose 6 adults booking the drink pkg pre-cruise, than be honest!

A new user was created for this rant...interesting.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

But with this being the OP first post. Does it change the fact that their MATH checks out? So if it was someones 10,000 post or their first. They are still stating facts.

I can’t stand this argument. Everyone needs to start somewhere. Pretty sure my first post was a bitch and a moan, which doesn’t make it less true.

The OP is right! Their math on these sales is ridiculous and fraudulent. Other companies have gotten in trouble for it, and Royal Caribbean should as well. If they are advertising a 20% discount, they need to let the consumer know what the full price is that is being discounted. :mad:

But with this being the OP first post. Does it change the fact that their MATH checks out? So if it was someones 10,000 post or their first. They are still stating facts.

OP does a one off, obviously with name. The sale percent off is from the higher price you would pay if package is bought on board. OP is not using correct starting point. I cruise 60-80 nites a yr on Royal, so that I know...

So a coupleof things to note.

If you arenot happy with the response from an agents, take it further, or don’t botherwith the package. They may be further offers later that work for them

The only waycompanies feel the pain is in their pockets…vote with your feet.

On the otherpoint of being new to the boards…..if the OP had had a good experience, andgood deal from RCI would they have been so quick to jump on the board andpraise how well they had done….being slightly cynical I suspect not.

It’s easy tocomplain, but seems to be hard to praise.

Still doesn’texcuse the bad maths of the situation either way.

We were so excited to book the Harmony of the Seas. The ship looks amazing' date=' but unfortunately our experience with their Customer Service is far less than amazing. It is downright like dealing with used car salesmen!!! Royal Caribbean is misrepresenting the online discounted price of 20% off premium beverage pkg. Spoke with several Royal Caribbean agents and was advised the onboard price $55/day +18% service charge, but online special booked pre-cruise 20% off - for $50 day + 18% service charge. I inquired since 20% off $55 is $44 + 18%. Each agent then said it was now $57/day, which again 20% off does not = $50. Then 2 advised that it was really $60 onboard, HOWEVER - DO THE MATH, 20% off 60 is $48. I do not like the car sales mentality and methods of this cruise line and would cancel if I didn't book this last minute trip. We normally take Norwegian, since cost is much less AND Drinks INCLUDED. We really wanted to try the newer RC Harmony of the Seas for the big ship experience, but can not believe how bad the customer service is. One lady agent, put me on hold, occasionally checking back saying it she is still looking into it. The price of a drink package should not be THAT DIFFICULT! In fact, my cell is still on hold - now for over an hour - (I just want to hold until I get to the survey - Thank goodness for unlimited data plan!!!) This ship better be amazing. It is costing us a fortune, and the quality of the customer service is subpar. Guess they would rather lose 6 adults booking the drink pkg pre-cruise, than be honest![/quote']

30 out of 100 RCI customers do NOT know math!:D

That's almost 47,5%!:eek:;p

But they need to share the list price.

But they change pricing so often that I am sure it would have a disclaimer that this is the list price subject to change without notice. It isn't like when the packages were first introduced and the pricing was standard. Their dynamic pricing changes at their whim by the minute, by the ship, and by the sailing.

We were so excited to book the Harmony of the Seas. The ship looks amazing' date=' but unfortunately our experience with their Customer Service is far less than amazing. It is downright like dealing with used car salesmen!!! Royal Caribbean is misrepresenting the online discounted price of 20% off premium beverage pkg. Spoke with several Royal Caribbean agents and was advised the onboard price $55/day +18% service charge, but online special booked pre-cruise 20% off - for $50 day + 18% service charge. I inquired since 20% off $55 is $44 + 18%. Each agent then said it was now $57/day, which again 20% off does not = $50. Then 2 advised that it was really $60 onboard, HOWEVER - DO THE MATH, 20% off 60 is $48. I do not like the car sales mentality and methods of this cruise line and would cancel if I didn't book this last minute trip. We normally take Norwegian, since cost is much less AND Drinks INCLUDED. We really wanted to try the newer RC Harmony of the Seas for the big ship experience, but can not believe how bad the customer service is. One lady agent, put me on hold, occasionally checking back saying it she is still looking into it. The price of a drink package should not be THAT DIFFICULT! In fact, my cell is still on hold - now for over an hour - (I just want to hold until I get to the survey - Thank goodness for unlimited data plan!!!) This ship better be amazing. It is costing us a fortune, and the quality of the customer service is subpar. Guess they would rather lose 6 adults booking the drink pkg pre-cruise, than be honest![/quote']

Just be careful what you say about ‘used car sales people’. We are not all like that!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But they change pricing so often that I am sure it would have a disclaimer that this is the list price subject to change without notice. It isn't like when the packages were first introduced and the pricing was standard. Their dynamic pricing changes at their whim by the minute, by the ship, and by the sailing.
. This is exactly the problem. They change the price so frequently that their advertisements of 20% off is meaningless and deceptive. I get why they do it. I still enjoy RCI but it’s a deceptive practice. It just doesn’t offend me enough to have them lose my business. Now if I found a company I liked better, that would be a different story.

. This is exactly the problem. They change the price so frequently that their advertisements of 20% off is meaningless and deceptive. I get why they do it. I still enjoy RCI but it’s a deceptive practice. It just doesn’t offend me enough to have them lose my business. Now if I found a company I liked better, that would be a different story.

The online price is “almost “ always 20% off onboard pricing. Each ship has its own pricing. I have seen 3 different online prices at the same time for 3 different cruises.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

FWIW last time I was on an Oasis class ship the onboard price was $62 for the drink package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the normal rate during busy times (not sure when the op is going). $62 has been seen on many oasis class, and specifically on Harmony. The newer, more sought after ships have higher costs because they can. If you take 62 and remove 20%, you get 49.6, which rounds up to 50.

Op - in the end, just look at the actual cost you would pay today, don't worry about the original cost, it does not matter, and can change depending on how many are buying it. There is no set price on any one ship for a starting point, but 62 is the figure for oasis. Sometimes it may be lower in the off season, but otherwise, that the price they base it off of. In the end, you just have to decide if 50 is worth it to you, wasting hours on the phone will not help, and will just give you a bunch of stress. You can always book it for $50, then if it happens to go down more, cancel, and rebook.

Just curious. If the OP had made their first post about how glorious a company RCI is, how luxurious their ships are and how well they treat their customers and employees would you have said "It's the OPs first post, don't believe anything they say."?

Something tells me the answer is no. Is it hard to type with pompoms in your hand?

We are going on Anthem and I was told $60 is the onboard pricing and if it happens to go down more, cancel, and re book.

My cruise is now showing as 20% off onboard prices, so $48 pp plus gratuities if booked today. I got $45 pp plus gratuities during a sale. I have seen it go down as low as $43 pp plus gratuities on Black Friday. I had that pricing for another cruise but had to cancel that cruise and re booked at a later time. Just keep checking your cruise planner you may get lucky!