Why cruise??

carol54

Why do you cruise? Do you cruise to have gourmet dining? Do you cruise to have an unlimited amount of food available to you whenever wherever? Do you cruise to be at sea.... afloat on a vast ocean for days , sunrise and sunset?

I cruise to experience the sea! So peaceful, tranquil, beautiful. I don't cruise for lobster tails, filet mignon, buffets unlimited. I know others cruise for value, etc. Just curious.

What about you?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I prefer ocean crossings with no stops, so sea time for me is why. Taking the QM2 soon transatlantic. Cruising to visit places is not good, limited time. Definitely don't cruise for food, while its always very good but I'd rather be eating all the wonderful local cuisines around the world instead.

I like pretty much everything about cruising, but probably the biggest thing that brings me back is anticipation of the sea days where I wake up with no responsibilities and nothing to do, and can just explore ship and enjoy the day :)

We cruise for the convenience of everything in one place. Variety of activities for our boys, variety of food and drinks and most of all being disconnected from our cell phones and internet for a week.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I cruise with my family, but for me personally its the ship itself in the middle of the ocean. Its the adventure of being on this floating city in the middle of the ocean. I marvel at the size of these ships now, and how they float, how safe and strong they are. The ship and its navigation officers keep us safe on our journey and that is what I love. I would love to go down into the engine room and see the men working down there. I would also like to see the bridge someday. Fascinating these modern marvels we call cruise ships.

Why do you cruise? Do you cruise to have gourmet dining? Do you cruise to have an unlimited amount of food available to you whenever wherever? Do you cruise to be at sea.... afloat on a vast ocean for days , sunrise and sunset?

I cruise to experience the sea! So peaceful, tranquil, beautiful. I don't cruise for lobster tails, filet mignon, buffets unlimited. I know others cruise for value, etc. Just curious.

What about you?

I go on vacation

I'm always surprised by the number of people who need to know every menu offering , drinks available, types of coffee. Why not just go with it and be surprised and make the best of those surprises!!

We love the sea. Cruising is a way a family can vacation together and yet each have different experiences and adventures. I love coming to cabin and unpacking just the one time. For land vacations we take 2 weeks and it's 3 night here, 3 nights there, etc. our cabin is our home of the week and we love it.

Many reasons, plenty for my young boys to do, an opportunity for them to see many places, the feeling of realizing how insignificant you are even on a mega ship in the middle of the ocean and the most important reason, NCL takes care of my oldest son who has Celiac Disease.

I cruise because of the overall vacation experience. I like spending time exploring the ship while we sail, I enjoy the variety of food, I enjoy the drinks, I enjoy the service provided. I also enjoy waking up in a new Caribbean port ready for me to explore.

It really isn't one thing, it is how it all comes together.

Overall, I just love to cruise. But the answer to the question "why" varies. I

I have three cruises planned: the biggest one is my Alaska cruise coming up in June, and that was all about the ports - seeing the beauty of Alaska. The ship was secondary, although I took great care in selecting my state room – for the first time ever, I'll be sailing in an aft facing balcony. I think this will be wonderful for seeing the scenery, especially in Glacier Bay.

After returning from a spring vacation, I could not bear the thought of waiting over a year until my next cruise, so I booked my December cruise on Carnival to the Western Caribbean. In addition to just enjoying being at sea, I have not yet visited two of these ports, and so I am really interested in seeing them.

Finally, seeing sales posted, I booked another short cruise in February. This one just goes to the Bahamas, and I have been there countless times. This one is all about just being at sea and enjoying a cruise ship that I have not yet experienced.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Primarily, we cruise to visit the ports and enjoy the ship as a floating hotel.

We always include a lengthy land trip pre or post cruise with our cruise.

We have done two TransAtlantics where we save on airfare and enjoy sailing one way. So we do enjoy being on the ship, but it is not our primary reason for crusing.

We had lived overseas for several years in the past and spent many trip visiting the major cities of Europe, but the cruises allow us to visit many places, even though for only a day.

We cruise for the peace on a cruise ship. Love to look out and see blue meets blue. Waking up in a different place every day. For the beautiful destinations we have seen over the years.

We plan the cruise and a few things while in port. For sea days, total relaxation. No phones!

"Unpack once", you hear that so much, like it's a terrible dreaded chore. I do more land based travel than cruises so quite used to living out of a suitcase, and that's literally what I do, I don't actually unpack. Everything is rolled and organized, rotating things to the bottom then top as I need them, so there's no digging or tearing it apart looking for items. I travel for weeks with just a 19" rollaboard, and do laundry on the fly. When I do cruise, unpacking seems weird lol, and I'm also bringing stuff I wouldn't take on a land based trip.

"Unpack once", you hear that so much, like it's a terrible dreaded chore. I do more land based travel than cruises so quite used to living out of a suitcase, and that's literally what I do, I don't actually unpack. Everything is rolled and organized, rotating things to the bottom then top as I need them, so there's no digging or tearing it apart looking for items. I travel for weeks with just a 19" rollaboard, and do laundry on the fly. When I do cruise, unpacking seems weird lol, and I'm also bringing stuff I wouldn't take on a land based trip.

It is a dreaded chore. I can not live out of suitcase. Ever. Not even for an overnight travel basketball trip. I want to see my stuff. [emoji16]