Huge Price Increase!!!

mvaughan

Yep, exact same with my Bermuda booking. The "sale" would give me one less perk! fabulous deal they have going :rolleyes: I am still hoping prices will come down closer to final payment because as it is I am paying more for an ocean view in June then I just paid for an A1 aqua cabin just this past July to Bermuda.

Having sailed a couple of weeks ago to Bermuda, the only cabins that were redone were the Penthouse and Royal Suites. The other cabins and suites are same and are in need of refurbishing. So why are we paying so much for the same old same old? So crazy-

As one who for years has had various sailings being tracked on the not named site, I can tell you that I have never seen ONE price increase of 33%. Prices generally go up or down 2, 5, or maybe 10% at a time, last minute deals notwithstanding. When I saw an eyeopening 33% increase, & then came here & saw the start of this thread & the many, many people with the same or similar price changes, I knew this was not just an adjustment, but a hint of what was to come; a bogus "sale".

I fully expect that prices are going to flucuate, & like you, my feeling is that if I am happy with what I paid, what happens after is just life, & I deal with it. However this blatant price gouging to just set up a "sale" is just plain sleazy.

rs - I understand. I have found that my sailing in the 2A category spiked 25% four (4) days before the 'sale', the day the sale was released, the fare was back to what it was 'pre-spike'.

Did not look at other sailings, only one (1) particularly almost fully booked one... where I would think the spike would stay in place to sell the balance of the cabins, but that was not to be found.

bon voyage

Just saved a $1,000 US. Im a happy camper I seem to be booked on a cruise that had no price increase beforehand.

:) that's why I wanted my TA to jump on it before they realized their mistake ;)

Bernie, what cabin cat are you in?

EW

( if you want to post on the roll call, i'll look there )

No worries. And you're right. Not going to see any price drops on Equinox

Can you tell a neophyte the reason why?

We are planning to book a cruise on the Equinox in 2017 while on our cruise this October depending on the offer. I have been following the prices and I am currious about that.

Can you tell a neophyte the reason why?

We are planning to book a cruise on the Equinox in 2017 while on our cruise this October depending on the offer. I have been following the prices and I am currious about that.

Sure. We booked Equinox under the endless summer promotion which was a discounted price, some loyalty discount and came with all 4 perks. I don't think any normal price drop will be able to touch that deal.

Edited by Cruise Junky

December 19, 14 day Caribbean Christmas/New Years cruise on the Equinox. Yesterday it was $2399 p.p. for a balcony with two perks. Today it's $2399 p.p. With no perks. For two perks it's $3732 p.p. And for all four it's $4362. Does that mean the supply and demand is for the perks? We don't drink enough to take a package. We can pay our own gratuities ($189 p.p.), spend $150 each and still save $1000 p.p. By not falling for this deal. What reptuble business whould even try to deceive their customers like this?

Today's pricing. Balcony with 0 perks $2199 p.p. with one perk $2649, with two perks $2807, and all perks $3122. If the above prices were because the cruise was selling out, the new prices must mean people are cancelling. Compare the mark up between the number of perks, and that isn't gouging? Looks like it didn't work. As of this morning, there was about 200 balconies available according to the uk site. In a few weeks we'll be inside of final payment then we'll see how low can they go. Acouple of weeks ago, I would have been a buyer at $2000 with no perks, now my target price is $1800, we'll see.

While I admit I'm not Keen on this type of marketing that celebrity is doing for Labor Day, we made out OK. After all incentives keeping all of our perks and OBC our cruise went down $350. Not a substantial savings but something is something.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by sanrod2

Any signs of a buy one get one half price offer yet? :)

yes it has started and includes drinks package for each passenger, it states selected cruise but we booked for a Panama cruise in 2017 which was not in the advertised selected cruises.

Got to Laugh . Does Celebrity think that people are stupid with regards to their promotions :rolleyes:.

Many people live near cruise ports & will wait for after final payment dates to book ,at reasonable costs ;). This will then become a trend & not only Celebrity ;but ,the other cruise lines will have problems with their logistical planning .

We will see how this greed plays out for the cruise lines ;as the world economies become less & less able to take those price increases:eek:

yes it has started and includes drinks package for each passenger, it states selected cruise but we booked for a Panama cruise in 2017 which was not in the advertised selected cruises.

When in 2017? We are trying to book a Panama Canal for 2017 but so,far the prices on X have been over $12,000. Got a price alert today for AC starting at $1999 for an upcoming Panama Canal. Going crazy.

Booked in mid August on Summit for Canada & New England in September 2017. Price for OV was AU$6786 (single occupancy). Today adjacent cabins in same category are AU$9684!!! :eek::eek::eek: Only Interior and OV still available. All higher categories sold out!

Regards

Jan

When in 2017? We are trying to book a Panama Canal for 2017 but so,far the prices on X have been over $12,000. Got a price alert today for AC starting at $1999 for an upcoming Panama Canal. Going crazy.

IF you can cruise NOW the prices just tanked for the Oct. 2 Panama Canal out of San Franciso. Check it out on the Celebrity website. It is killing me we can't go. We are booked October 2017 with friends.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

Yes- However if you booked your cruise 4 weeks ago, price was the same! So no savings.

Some on our roll call said they saved $300 from original booking to the new promotion. Our original rate was already discounted. Originally, it was $700 less than online rate and now it's $600, so no savings for us. It's not quite a scam, but it's not any big deal either.