[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:51 PM.
Maryland
108 Posts
Joined Sep 2015
Originally posted by www3traveler
I was thinking the same thing depending on the dates, itinerary and place.

I already have a birthday cruise booked for November of 2019.
This year's B-day cruise is on Bliss, the final Alaska cruise of the season and getting back on for the Pacific Coast cruise.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Birmingham, AL
335 Posts
Joined Jan 2017
Originally posted by shof515
another breakaway plus ship, very similar to the escape/joy/bliss and the other breakaway class ships. I wish Norwegian would of done something a bit different like a ship similar to the MSC Seaside.

You aren’t paying attention very well. Google NCL Leonardo.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thomas Roberts

Carnival Holiday - March 2005 - 4-Day Western Caribbean
Carnival Holiday - October 2007 - 5-Day Western Caribbean
NCL Star - November 2012 - 7-Day Western Caribbean
NCL Epic - March 2013 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean
NCL Epic - November 2014 - 7-Day Western Caribbean
NCL Pearl - February 2016 - 3-Day Bahamas
NCL Dawn - November 2016 - 9-Day Western Caribbean
NCL Escape - November 2017 - 7-Day Western Caribbean
NCL Dawn - January 2019 - 10-Day Southern Caribbean
NCL Encore - November 2019 - 7-Day Eastern Caribbean

Wish List:
Alaska
Panama Canal
Mediterranean
Baltic
Citrus Springs, Fl.
4,543 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Very happy to read Encore will be heading to Miami. I received an email from NCL today with the announcement!!!!
Already booked on the Sky Princess inaugural on Oct 20 to the 27th.....so Encorescrossing is out. So now to figure when to get on the Encore.....maybe a NewYears cruise? Too many new ships �� after Encoreits Virgin Voyages......
Help, I can’t stop cruising!
Palm Coast, FL
63 Posts
Joined Jan 2015
Looks like I will need to book our Dec 2019 cruise on the Encore. Yes and I still have a cruise NEXT.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
URL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][IMG]https://clocks.cruisecritic.com/countdown.pl?image=Beach-9&name=Missilecop3&date=12-6-2015&text=A long needed get away&ship=Norwegian

GeURL=http://www.cruisecritic.com][/url]taway[/IMG][/url]

Ontario, Canada
1,051 Posts
Joined Nov 2007
Originally posted by TheDougOut

Crappy generic rendering that doesn’t show observation lounge.
Ya, it's weird that they based the rendering on the Escape, when they already have the Joy and Bliss that actually reflect what Encore will look like.

At least we know for sure it won't be Escape 2 based on the block plan. Interesting that there seems to be an additional enclosed deck aft. Looks a little weird IMHO.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
<{ Kris }>

Citrus Springs, Fl.
4,543 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
I wonder what the hull design will be??? Maybe images of all the Breakaway class ships in a row...leading up to the Encore? Or maybe giant waves.....representing the Seas that NCL calls home ��
More info paleeeze.
Citrus Springs, Fl.
4,543 Posts
Joined Jul 2002
Enclosed aft deck.....maybe a pool with a magrodome? Anything but a go cart track......an enlarged Vibe would generate more revenue imo.
Arlington, VA
260 Posts
Joined Apr 2016
This is super exciting. Can't wait until March for more details to emerge.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Carnival Triumph-April 2009 (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios)
Carnival Valor-April 2010 (Grand Cayman, Roatan, Belize, Cozumel)

NCL Epic-April 2011 (Costa Maya, Roatan, Cozumel)
NCL Epic-July 2013 (Barcelona, Naples, Rome, Florence, Marseille, Palma de Mallorca)

NCL Escape-March 2017 (St. Thomas, Tortola, Nassau)
NCL Getaway-May 2018 (Costa Maya, Harvest Caye, Roatan, Cozumel)
Carnival Fascination-May 2018 (St. Thomas, Antigua, Barbados, St. Lucia, St. Kitts, St. Maarten)
Next Muster
NCL Bliss-February 2019 (St. Thomas, Tortola, Nassau)
NCL Encore-February 2020 (San Juan, St. Thomas, Tortola)
Amsterdam, Europe
4,803 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
*walks in*
I heard there was a party somewhere?

Originally posted by LrgPizza
You beat FreestyleNovice to the Everything Encore thread! Except this doesn't say everything encore... So does FSN need to start another??
He’s at work... I purposely refrained from using the “official” thread name so he can start it up. Traditions matter!
Too much credit, we all contribute with a great community! Let's ask the mods to rename this one as all the available info has been shared, first speculation has already started so this is the one for me!

Let's do this!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming up:
Celebrity Infinity - July 13, 2019

Sailed:

NCL Epic - June 12, 2011
NCL Breakaway - April 28, 2013
NCL Epic - May 1, 2013
Celebrity Summit - December 14, 2013
NCL Epic - April 27, 2014
NCL Sky - November 10, 2014
NCL Epic - April 30, 2015
NCL Escape - October 25, 2015
Celebrity Reflection - November 5, 2016

Celebrity Reflection - June 29, 2018

Email: Freestylenovice€outlook.com
Amsterdam, Europe
4,803 Posts
Joined Jun 2012
First post and no deck-plans? A rather disappointing start.
I *did* check EU.Encore.NCL.com but it's not live yet, I guess we'll be waiting for the new intern to upload them.. :P

Inward lifeboats for Encore by the way, same indents as Bliss and Joy in the superstructure. A large difference is the further aft placed stabilizer fin, needed for the extra aft deck?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Coming up:
Celebrity Infinity - July 13, 2019

Sailed:

NCL Epic - June 12, 2011
NCL Breakaway - April 28, 2013
NCL Epic - May 1, 2013
Celebrity Summit - December 14, 2013
NCL Epic - April 27, 2014
NCL Sky - November 10, 2014
NCL Epic - April 30, 2015
NCL Escape - October 25, 2015
Celebrity Reflection - November 5, 2016

Celebrity Reflection - June 29, 2018

Email: Freestylenovice€outlook.com
665 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Will this one be built like the Bliss to be able to travel through Panama Canal I wonder? Wasn’t bliss different than the other ships?

It’s interesting to me that NCL doesn’t seem inclined to retire any ships. Admittedly I have not been cruising long, but are retired ships typically in just awful shape? I went on NCL Sun last September and even for an older ship was happy with it overall (bathroom curtain not my favorite).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
NYC
8,325 Posts
Joined Sep 2009
Originally posted by txagfan
Will this one be built like the Bliss to be able to travel through Panama Canal I wonder? Wasn’t bliss different than the other ships?
with the new locks at the panama canal, there is no issue with building bigger and bigger ships

back in the day, ships had to be built within a certain size to fit in the old locks ( panamax size ships)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Sailed:
Carnival Miracle (2009), Carnival Glory (2010), Carnival Splendor (2013,2014), Carnival Vista (2016), Carnival Sunshine (2017)
Norwegian Gem (2012,2015), Norwegian Breakaway (2014,2017), Norwegian Escape (2018)
Frozen Tundra
9,212 Posts
Joined Jan 2014
Originally posted by FreestyleNovice
*walks in*

Too much credit, we all contribute with a great community! Let's ask the mods to rename this one as all the available info has been shared, first speculation has already started so this is the one for me!

Let's do this!

Yes, it must be renamed. I’ve already lost it twice.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

RCI Voyager of the Seas: Feb. 2001 Disney Magic: Dec. 2003 Disney Magic: Feb. 2005 Disney Magic: Dec. 2006
NCL Spirit: Dec. '09- Jan.'10 NCL Getaway: May 2014 NCL Epic: Nov. 2014 NCL Escape Transatlantic: Oct. 2015
NCL Escape: May 2016 NCL Breakaway: June 2017 NCL Escape: May 2018
Coming up next: RCI Mariner of the Seas: Nov. 2018 CroisiEurope Danube River Cruise: June 2019 NCL Encore Transatlantic: Nov. 2019
Niagara, ON, CA (just ask)
3,228 Posts
Joined Apr 2014
Originally posted by FreestyleNovice
*walks in*

Let's do this!
Agree this thread should be renamed, way too much excitement generated already... must not waste excitement!! Party on!