Vista computer is shut down and literally 5000 pac are waiting to board

kbklcamp

working in the IT field for work, i hate hate when someone says the "computer is down"..that is technically incorrect. the computer is not down as in not working. it is the infrastructure that is down like the server, network communications, database issue, etc,etc

the computer at the check in desk/ guest services still works. it is whatever application/system they use.

working in the IT field for work, i hate hate when someone says the "computer is down"..that is technically incorrect. the computer is not down as in not working. it is the infrastructure that is down like the server, network communications, database issue, etc,etc

the computer at the check in desk/ guest services still works. it is whatever application/system they use.

I agree. I also just love "the computer wouldn't let me do it" and "the Internet is down."

:') Post of the day on CC !

Sent from my SM-T810 using Forums mobile app

I work in IT as well and I LOVE it when one of the ladies says her computer is broke and I find the mouse is simply not plugged in (why was it removed to begin with??).

"the Internet is down."

Of course the internet can be down, not often, but it definitely happens and it's not funny when it happens

Not really. The Internet was designed to withstand multiple failures within the network infrastructure. A particular connection or group of connections may be down, but a catastrophic event would be required to take out the entire Internet. Something on the order of a planetoid colliding with Earth. :D

I work in IT as well and I LOVE it when one of the ladies says her computer is broke and I find the mouse is simply not plugged in (why was it removed to begin with??).

As a female sysadmin I love it when male employees at my office try to explain computers to me.

As a female sysadmin I love it when male employees at my office try to explain computers to me.

Or even better, how about when male employees ask you to "send someone up who can actually fix the problem". My favorite was the Doctor (was working in a hospital) that called the help desk. One of our tech was a woman, who happened to be from India. Doctor starts yelling over the phone "THIS IS RIDICULOUS, I JUST NEED MY COMPUTER FIXED, TRANSFER ME BACK TO AMERICA WHERE THEY CAN ACTUALLY FIX THINGS". Tech very calmly states ummmm, you know my office is in the basement of your building, right? He waited a very very very long time before a tech actually came to fix his "broken computer". Best part, he just forgot his login password.

Does anyone know what’s wrong?

Bless your heart. I can only imagine how frustrated you must feel. There certainly seems to be a vacuum of help for you on this board today. I hope you made it safely off the ship and to your destination.

Or even better, how about when male employees ask you to "send someone up who can actually fix the problem". My favorite was the Doctor (was working in a hospital) that called the help desk. One of our tech was a woman, who happened to be from India. Doctor starts yelling over the phone "THIS IS RIDICULOUS, I JUST NEED MY COMPUTER FIXED, TRANSFER ME BACK TO AMERICA WHERE THEY CAN ACTUALLY FIX THINGS". Tech very calmly states ummmm, you know my office is in the basement of your building, right? He waited a very very very long time before a tech actually came to fix his "broken computer". Best part, he just forgot his login password.

Ok, this is a pretty good one that I hadn't heard before. :)

(So did the ship end up sailing? I guess if it hadn't this thread would be very long and much different.)