Serenade or Silhouette?

Looking for reviews from anyone recently off Serenade. I have an 11 day booked however I’m also considering Celebrity Silhouette 12 day.

The same ports for both sailings are St. Kitts, Grenada, Barbados and St Lucia.

Same type of cabin. Celebrity is $259 more however this not include the extra day for gratuities.

We’ve been on one Celebrity cruise on one of their smaller ships.

Thank you

Looking for reviews from anyone recently off Serenade. I have an 11 day booked however I’m also considering Celebrity Silhouette 12 day.

Same type of cabin. Celebrity is $259 more however this not include the extra day for gratuities.

Thank you

With Celebrity you should also get to choose 2 of the following 4 perks,

Free classic beverage package for the first 2 guests

Free wifi for the first 2 guests

Free gratuities for the first 2 guests

$150 OBC for each of the first 2 guests

Considering these perks Celebrity is cheaper.

Absolutely no contest - why would anyone go on an old RCI ship when they can go on a newish Celebrity ship?

If you are taking kids, maybe - I can see there may be more entertainment for them, but the quality of ship and facilities are a staggering difference

I didn't know you could be charged more for free stuff though! I presume you have tried direct booking and alternative travel agents?

After being on hold last night, I booked a refundable rate online. I'm now double booked for Serenade (11 days) and Silhouette (12 days). I agree about Serenade's age. Sometimes an oldie is a goody however Silhouette features are attractive. I'm diamond if that matters much. Just looking for insight from those who have been on both ships. I've sailed Radiance in Alaska and didn't experience the ship as I was too tired after excursions.

I agree odd I was able to select no perks and the rate dropped $900. This morning I tried the same and there is no option to do that.

Is entertainment comparable since Serenade does not have the broadway shows seen on the mega ships?

Thanks everyone

Edited by Tee & Chilli

Silhouette is a beautiful ship - modern, elegant and is my favourite cruise ship ever.

12 days is a nice amount of time too. The ship has some fantastic features - Lawn Club Grill is not to be missed, and if you like fine dining Murano is very special.

I don't think you would regret either, but I would always go newer.

Thank you

Hands down Celebrity Silhouette is by far the nicer ship. The venues for dining are fabulous and the ship has much more activities to do. One of my favorite ships.

We have been on both ships more than once. Serenade was a while ago but she was our favorite until we tried Celebrity. The Silhouette is a great ship with a great crew. Being Diamond on Royal will make you Elite on Celebrity, just register with Captains Club before you go. The benefits are nice, nicer that Royals. Evening cocktail hour is not that crowded, they hold it in a big lounge on deck 14 or 15 depending on the ship, you each get a free bag of laundry, you each get a free gelato, you each get 90 minutes of use anytime free internet. Yes, go with the 12 days on the Silhouette.

Thank you

We have been on both ships and loved both ships, so your problem is that you have two great options! My youtube videos might help you make a decision.

Serenade of the Seas from January, 2016. We are booked for 19 days on her for 2019:

and the Equinox, sister ship to the Sillhoeutte, from October 2017:

I am a regular Celebrity cruiser, but absolutely loved the Serenade on our Baltic cruise last year. We picked it because it had three nights in St Petersburg rather than the usual two. It felt far less crowded, and the staff were great. Classy ship, Diamond perks were much better than Elite.

I think you can’t go wrong with either.

I prefer Serenade. More windows and views of the sea, excellent staff.

Silhouette is more inwardly focused.

Also found Silhouette to have problems getting people on and off the ship. My last cruise on her will be my last Celebrity cruise. It was a disaster in many ways. A lot of things went wrong. No apologies, just excuses. I did a full review which only mentioned some of the problems. https://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=590059

We did Serenade last November 11 nights out of FLL because right after Thanksgiving it was dirt cheap and the fact that we have her booked for the 16 night Trans Atlantic from Copenhagen and had not been on her before. We've been on all the other Radiance ships. They are my favorite in the RCCL fleet.

We did 14 night British Isles a little over a year ago on Silhouette.

It's a hard pick for me. For cold weather ports Serenade wins hands down because of its airy design. Plenty of windows looking outside. She was built for cold weather and has a nice solarium.

Silhouette was beautiful. You can't beat the Solstice ships. I like them much more than the floating amusement parks RCCL is building.

I thought the food choices were better then Serenade.

Serenade is smaller and more friendly crew ratio.

We are Diamond Plus so converted to Elite on Celebrity. The happy hour on Serenade is much nicer. However, if you make friends with the bartender the service is comparable.

The staterooms on Solstice ships are superior to Serenade.

If prices are close to being comparable and ports of call being equal I'd go with Silhouette.

I've sailed on Silhouette twice. I've only sailed on Serenade once, but I've also been on Radiance and Brilliance twice. Personally, I love both ships. I think the cabins (JS and GS) on the Radiance-class RC ships have a better layout than the Silhouette cabins (Concierge and Sky suite). I also like RC's happy-hour better than X's. For me, the elite perks with X offer more than the diamond + perks on RC but I'm not going to choose a ship based only on status perks.

For overall ship appeal, I would pick Silhouette. I thought Silhouette had better dining choices (love Qsine & Murano) and more on board activities that I enjoyed than Serenade (and most recently Brilliance). I would most likely pick Silhouette for the ship. However, the two ships are so close, in my opinion, the itinerary that seems best would my deciding factor.

We have been on both ships and loved both ships, so your problem is that you have two great options! My youtube videos might help you make a decision.

Serenade of the Seas from January, 2016. We are booked for 19 days on her for 2019:

and the Equinox, sister ship to the Sillhoeutte, from October 2017:

Great videos!

Hands down Silhouette. We've sailed Brilliance and Jewel and while both are very nice, they can't compare to an S Class ship. The extra night makes it a no brainer for us.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk