Have you ever misplaced something on your cruise and then found it?

tbmrt

Unfortunately, we have frequently misplaced items during our cruise and then after much searching, panic and aggravation, found them. Has this ever happened to you? Thought this would be a fun thread.

Some items we thought we lost and then found:

Cellphone that was put in side pocket of bag as we were boarding. We panicked, went back to security and terminal to check for it on Windsurf cruise/St. Maarten.

Prescription sunglasses left under a beach chair on Equinox.

Credit card left in leather case at restaurant in St. Maarten after signing bill.

After much bargaining, DH opened his wallet to pay for a watch in Jamaica with credit card. Not there! Thought it was lost. Called CC company immediately to notify, found it in safe when we returned to cabin.

Scariest moment of all..... I convinced DH to get a nice man bag for travel. He left it with our cash, passports, etc. on seat of chair in area where we were waiting to board. He did a mad dash from check-in area back to waiting area. Guess who never used his man bag again?

Yes, we're seniors, but some of this happened many years ago!

It's happened to me.

Left my iPhone in the Fitness Center but realized it within 15 minutes and it was right where I left it, eye glasses fell out of my pocket while seated and I found them at the lost and found and left the dining room and realized 30 minutes later I left my camera on the table and returned to collect it.

Keith

DH lost his coffee card halfway through a Princess cruise. He found it between the nightstand and bed when packing to leave. He also left his car key in the safe when we changed cabins on back-to-back cruises. The woman who had the cabin on the second cruise found it when he asked. It was under the lip of the safe. We now put items in a quart ziplock bag before putting them in the safe.

My phone. I filed a lost and found report, although I had it in my head that one of the people I'd met up with might have it, as I knew I'd had it when talking to them and had probably set it down there. Anyway, it was in my cabin under some papers. It's very easy to lose stuff in a solo cabin on NCL.

Ship card when we were on an MSC cruise - had to put the card in a slot (and keep it there) to make the cabin lights work. Forgot to take it out as I was leaving for dinner an didn't notice until trying to get a drink. Had my travel partner open the door so I could look for it, sure enough the lights were already on so found the card instantly. BTW I was in my late 20's at the time.

Lost my wife's passport on Baltic cruise, we were leaving for a tour in Sweden. We did not need it for this port but panicked when we could not find it in the safe. My passport was there but not wife's. At the service desk they said with our permission our cabin steward would do a search of our room if it did not turn up they would contact the Canadian embassy at our next port. I was sure I saw my wife put both passports in her purse at the previous port (St Peters burg). Made for a worrisome day in port. When we returned to the ship the passport was on our bed. Apparently at some point it had fallen out of the safe and ended up under the bed, our cabin steward found it. Extra tip for him

One time we took a hotel shuttle to the cruise port. As soon as we got off of the shuttle, I realized that my husband had left one of our bags in the hotel lobby. It had my computer in it. My husband took the shuttle back to the hotel while I called them. The bag was still there.

The only thing I couldn't find while on the ship was a fold-up beach bag I thought I had packed. I found it when I got home in one of the suitcase pockets.

Left my purse on the car rental bus bench in San Francisco airport. Went into the office to say "Help!" They said someone turned it in to Pan Am. ( this was a while ago) so we jumped into the rental car and drove back to arrivals. I ran in and found a Pan Am employee when said he sent it to Lost and Found. Went to Lost and Found and they didn't have it yet. I waited half an hour while DH drove around in the rental car. This was before cell phones so he had no clue where I was. I finally got my purse and ran out to the street but had no clue where I was. Luckily, he drove by and I yelled at the top of my lungs and a cop blew his whistle and I was able to run up and jump in.

Fast forward to our return:

To save money, DH insisted we take a cab from the St Francis to the bus depot for the airport. Rode the airport bus and when we got ready to get off, I had no purse. I called the St Francis and said we were in a green cab and what time we left the hotel. Waited at the pay phone and got a call back. The cab driver had my purse, and for $20 he would bring it to me.

I told DH to get on our plane to Vegas and I'd catch up with him at our Vegas hotel. He was probably happy to leave me.

I waited over 30 minutes and here came the cab with my purse. I handed him the $20 and he handed me my purse. I noticed he had two passengers, so he made good money for that trip.

I ran to the gate and they told me they were waiting for me (obviously a long time ago).

The flight attendant told me everyone was worried about me. I collapsed in my seat and five minutes later the pilot announced we'd have a 30 minute delay. I never knew if that was my fault.

Oddly enough, DH was still speaking to me, and I've never lost anything since.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I misplaced DW in Mykonos a few years ago. I went back to a shop to purchase water and the shop was on a corner, with two entrances. I came back out the 'other' entrance and wandered the narrow winding street before I realised what I had done. Ofcourse, when I got back to the rendezvous spot, she had been attracted into another shop, so I still had misplaced her. The ensuing cell phone call was hilarious!

Last cruise, we got nice insulated mugs for coffee on sale at Target. We get home, and my GF's mug is missing (they had cute sayings, so we knew which was who's). Called RCI (ship was still in port, we live close), they promised to check, got a call back about 3 days later that it was not found.

A couple days later, and I am finishing unpacking, and found it buried in the suit case.

But on that same cruise, lost my GF. We were in Nassau walking and shopping with another couple. GF went across the street for a photo and was walking down the other side. The other couple ducked into a store, and so I went, thinking my GF was watching. She was not. She did find us, but was NOT happy.

OH.....would that be original husband?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Know that feeling well. Frustrating searching for cards in pocketbook, beachbag, drawers, safe, etc. We decided to hang ours up on a magnetic hook with lanyard on it which helped quite a bit.

Not on a cruise but I lost my pruning shears, several months later I found them in my sock drawer! I am Olympic standard at misplacing things, always have been. My grandmother used to say 'you would lose your head if it wasn't screwed on properly'.

Not on a cruise but I lost my pruning shears, several months later I found them in my sock drawer! I am Olympic standard at misplacing things, always have been. My grandmother used to say 'you would lose your head if it wasn't screwed on properly'.

Got one even better, also not on a cruise. DW lost her glasses and found them maybe a year or so later in a potted plant.