Is Pier up at Coco Cay yet?

Envelope21

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, keri0914 said:

How often does the boat/tender go back and forth from ship to island since pier is not completed? 

It works out to about every 10 minutes.  There are 3, if I remember right, as soon as one leaves, they start filling up another. That may slow down a bit between the morning and return to ship.

• Like 1

I was at Coco Cay Wednesday, 11/7. Lots of signs touting the "Perfect Day" coming May 2019.  I don't see that pier being ready January or February or March or ???. While taking the tender, we counted five workers on the pier and barges. And two were just staring at the horizon. I don't see how the new attractions on the island have any chance of being ready by May, either. They are selling people an expected experience that I feel won't exist by the advertised time.

Things are different in the islands.  Life moves more slowly...it is all done on "island time".  Takes more time...but the stress level and enjoyment of life is....well...not like the places we are trying to get away from and vacation from.  😉 

40 minutes ago, island lady said:

Things are different in the islands.  Life moves more slowly...it is all done on "island time".  Takes more time...but the stress level and enjoyment of life is....well...not like the places we are trying to get away from and vacation from.  😉 

Type A personalities and Island Time sometimes conflict with each other.😉

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Agree....and where do type A run off to get away from it all?  :classic_rolleyes:  Slowing life down with the islanders way of life.  😉 

Takes me a day or two to make the transition (and sometimes a few momentary relapses) that is why I don't do any less than a seven night cruise.😊

1 hour ago, drneal said:

When was the last time they cancelled a stop a CC because they couldn't

tender due to poor conditions ?

I'm going to be there Dec 26. 

The last time wouldn't help you know if you would make the stop on your cruise. One of the biggest reasons is weather and that can change hour to hour. It comes down to the luck of the draw. Happy Sailing!!!!!

13 hours ago, island lady said:

I've been on island time for almost two years now.

18 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Takes me a day or two to make the transition (and sometimes a few momentary relapses) that is why I don't do any less than a seven night cruise.😊

I am already in "island mode".  This is the third of six weeks hanging out in the Florida Keys for us.  We have a tight 2 day turn around when we get home to board the Lady O.  

18 hours ago, John Reid said:

Not sure what your thoughts have to do with RCCL pretending it is going to be ready by May.

I was answering back on the subject one of our thread posters mentioned about the work being so slow putting the pier in, which is apparently too slow for her, and only an estimated date of completion for RCI.  

The slower pace of work in the islands which are on "island time" is simply not as fast as the the "Type A" mainland workers scheduled time.  It's just the way it is down there.  And then you have hurricanes.  Which come at a most inconvenient time also.  😮 

Edited by island lady