Now We Need an Elevator Pass!

Lastdance

I thought I had heard everything, but why are elevator passes being loaded onto our Seapass Cards? Do we have a select number of times that it can be used based on cabin class? Also, where is this inserted to get on the elevator? I am really confused about this idea, so please help...

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I thought I had heard everything, but why are elevator passes being loaded onto our Seapass Cards? Do we have a select number of times that it can be used based on cabin class? Also, where is this inserted to get on the elevator? I am really confused about this idea, so please help...

I just off the Equionix two weeks ago. There was no such thing. The only thing I can think of is that people in wheel chairs may have some kind of access card to call for elevators disregarding any deck request from passengers on board the elevator.

Or it could be for the special elevators that go forward and aft.

Need more information on this....

I think it might have something to do with not having to stop at several floors...like an express pass?

If this is real.........

Where do I get one!:D

My wonky knee has really been acting up lately and I could really use an express elevator pass so I don't have all those other elevator plebs slowing me down.;)

Did nobody know- thats the next step in the " Modern Luxury " concept- elevators are only for wheel chairs users and suite guests. Guest who are in lower class cabins- such as a balcony or below have to use the stairs! :D

Of course in due time they sell a nice elevator package. I heard it goes by day , week or the whole of the cruise- which of course would be the best valued package!

Yeah yeah they are clever aren´t they!

Me thinks someone has had one too many cocktails? No such thing on Eclipse last month...or anywhere else I strongly suspect. This should be an amusing thread to follow though. It'll give me something to do tomorrow instead of shoveling snow:D

Please remember the OP said they 'thought that they had heard everything'... which means, most likely, they cannot tell anyone but themselves, where they heard it and what was exactly said... voices in ones head, possibly?

No details on this from the OP, just the statement.

What help can be provided without detailed info on this finding?????

Smells of 'rumor mongering' to me....

bon voyage

Did nobody know- thats the next step in the " Modern Luxury " concept- elevators are only for wheel chairs users and suite guests. Guest who are in lower class cabins- such as a balcony or below have to use the stairs! :D

Of course in due time they sell a nice elevator package. I heard it goes by day , week or the whole of the cruise- which of course would be the best valued package!

I also heard that it's going to be offered as a fifth perk.

I've heard that on Edge class, there will be no inside or oceanview rooms and all balcony staterooms will have rope ladders to reach the dock at each port. All other amenities, including interior hallways, will be reserved for suite class.

We were on the Reflection in January with our dear friend who is in a wheelchair. Wow! I sure WISH there was an elevator pass! On the first day we had to wait through 4 elevators just to get on one. Each time one would open up, people would literally rush around us and fill it up before we were able to push her to it. I mean, even to the point of reaching the elevator and trying to push her into it (but stopping because it was too full), and not one of those people who just rushed on ever offered to get off and let the wheelchair on. I just chalked it up to first-day excitement and congestion. Sadly, this continued all week. We got smarter though. If there was more than one of us with her, we would fan out in front of the elevators and lunge into one when the doors opened up. We would say we were trying to get our wheelchair on, with a nice smile, and block entry until we got her over to it.

NEWSWORTHY...The Magazine For

Those in the Know...

...For those cruisers who are without PERKS or "perk less," you may be allowed to purchase an elevator pass with your OBC. There will only be a limited number of passes for each sailing, so make sure that you sign up and pay, at least 24 hours after your luggage arrives. These passes are good for either up or down and pass for the length of the cruise. You are able to receive your pass if you can prove that you are perkless, are the first in your family to sail and have used an elevator in the past. You will receive a special permit to board any elevator on the ship...remember that there are only a limited number being sold. If you don't get one this time, you are out of luck! Ask any crew member for details as soon as you board... ***This pass can be discontinued at any time for any reason! (fine print) Sorry, but our ropes have not arrived from our distributor...

Free Pass, INC. March 1, 2017

Edited by Lastdance

This Elevator Pass is very intriguing, but I don't think it has been explained fully. This Pass is amazing and will program the elevator to come to the floor wherever you are, immediately, without even pressing the button (which everyone else has already pressed). Then all you have to do is wave it high (everyone will know then, who you are), barge right up to the door and when it opens, walk right in on top of those inside. Everyone will be in awe as you're one of the elite Elevator Pass holders.

MSC already has express elevators for Yacht Club guests. You insert your card and it bypasses all the floors and takes you directly to your destination. The elevator can still be used by other guests, but they have to wait until the Yacht Club passenger gets off.

I have encountered an elevator pass embedded in a room key in a hotel in Istanbul (really!) Idea was that it took you to the floor on which your room was located.

Back on board, I have seen crew members use a card that can override the lift operation i.e. when going to a priority departure lounge. Definitely not available for the guests -- even in suites ;)

HAR HAR,

Glad to have some humor on these boards.

In reality, we do try not to use the elevators very much, so walking the stairs burns that dessert that we had for last night's dinner. We still ride the elevator, like when holding hot coffee or having to go up many decks.

What amazes me is how many people will get on an elevator then go one deck and get off!

They do exist on Cunard Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, the suite key card gives you access to the suite restaurants and lounge on the top deck. Its only on a couple of the central lifts, and frankly, it was quite embarrassing having to put your key card in the slot and select the floor when the lift was full.

p.s. We were in the cheapest suite!

They do exist on Cunard Queen Victoria and Queen Elizabeth, the suite key card gives you access to the suite restaurants and lounge on the top deck. Its only on a couple of the central lifts, and frankly, it was quite embarrassing having to put your key card in the slot and select the floor when the lift was full.

p.s. We were in the cheapest suite!

No need to be embarrassed, I think Zenith's should have this privilege on X's ships!

;-)