Current Concierges continued

PH8

We just got off the Serenade yesterday. Alan Del Fiero left yesterday for his six-week vacation, and Nizar was returning to the ship. Alan said when his vacation ends he will be back on the Serenade in the Diamond Lounge.

We just got off the Serenade yesterday. Alan Del Fiero left yesterday for his six-week vacation, and Nizar was returning to the ship. Alan said when his vacation ends he will be back on the Serenade in the Diamond Lounge.

Thanks for update, Cindy. I posted it on the Google Doc. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=371892551

Edited by SherriZ366

Bertie returned to FR today - he will be in the DL until 6-14-2015. Then he goes to the CL while Rahul goes on vacation. Not sure where Gustavo Butcher is going -- he is the relief concierge. Google Doc has been updated: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hKBiGZ9Gqcp2G2owtX3RyQy7yQ0ijgxCL0nPjQKK8j4/edit?pli=1#gid=371892551

Recently off the Rhapsody. Can I say that Amit is the best Royal Caribbean employee I've ever met. He takes such good care of his guests, whether they are in a suite or a C&A elite. He has such wit, gets everyone's humor or not... He really cares about everyone. We had some rocky days sailing thru the Cat 5 Cyclone Marcia. If he missed you one day, he was calling to check on you. Seriously not just because its his job, but he genuinely cared. He's very happy on a smaller ship, but I almost feels its a waste to have him on such a small ship, then again, I guess he likes that so he doesn't get too overwhelmed.

I think its a very demanding job. Because that club is very small, I couldn't help but overhear some complaints, requests that he listed to and basically handled so professionally.

I'm not fond of that class ship, nor where the Rhapsody is planning to sail, but I certainly hope I cross paths with him again.

Recently off the Rhapsody. Can I say that Amit is the best Royal Caribbean employee I've ever met. He takes such good care of his guests, whether they are in a suite or a C&A elite. He has such wit, gets everyone's humor or not... He really cares about everyone.

He was our concierge on Freedom a couple times back when she was newer. I agree completely, he's the best of the best. I've never heard a negative comment about him. He sets the bar high! I hope he stays on Rhapsody when she comes back to the states. I would love to sail with him again.

Ugg. Say good bye to JD for us. Not sure anyone can truly replace him. Guess we will find out next May.

Of course somebody can replace him. I have found most of the RCI Concierges to be excellent at their jobs - welcoming, accommodating and helpful, not to mention loads of fun on occasion. As much as I like Juan Diego, I also like Diego, Nizar, Alan (del Fierro), Reyno, Mario....

Edited by critterchick

He was our concierge on Freedom a couple times back when she was newer. I agree completely, he's the best of the best. I've never heard a negative comment about him. He sets the bar high! I hope he stays on Rhapsody when she comes back to the states. I would love to sail with him again.

I'll second that!

Of course somebody can replace him. I have found most of the RCI Concierges to be excellent at their jobs - welcoming, accommodating and helpful, not to mention loads of fun on occasion. As much as I like Juan Diego, I also like Diego, Nizar, Alan (del Fierro), Reyno, Mario....

Totally agree! Don't forget Israel, Jorge, and Mangesh.... All excellent.

Steve & Mike

Agree Amit is great. We had him as our Concierge on FR a few years ago. I second your hope for him to stay with Rhapsody when she comes back to Port C to take over the 3/4 night itinerary.

Totally agree! Don't forget Israel, Jorge, and Mangesh.... All excellent.

Steve & Mike

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet. But I did forget Amit, who is amazing. On our Hawaii cruise last year, he had arrived in Honolulu from India at midnight, didn't get to sleep until the early morning hours and then had to be on a crew shuttle to the ship at 10:00 am. Yet he was still on duty, ready to help, albeit a little red-eyed.

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting them yet. But I did forget Amit, who is amazing. On our Hawaii cruise last year, he had arrived in Honolulu from India at midnight, didn't get to sleep until the early morning hours and then had to be on a crew shuttle to the ship at 10:00 am. Yet he was still on duty, ready to help, albeit a little red-eyed.

I remember that, he never let on that he was operating on no sleep and mega jet lag. Last September he helped me in a very big way, and I agree, he is one of the best. :)

And we haven't had the pleasure of meeting Amit yet. He sounds like a real trooper! Hopefully one day we will. :)

Steve & Mike

Friend just sent this to me:

Just received Concierge Juan Diago's retirement letter. He leaves when Radiance arrives in Melbourne

WOW! is all I can say. Maybe it is just retirement from RD and not RCCL:confused:

Edited by Seatravelers

Friend just sent this to me:

Just received Concierge Juan Diago's retirement letter. He leaves when Radiance arrives in Melbourne

WOW! is all I can say. Maybe it is just retirement from RD and not RCCL:confused:

Fear not.

JD is NOT retiring. He is leaving Australian waters is all. They have sent him to the Anthem (with training on Quantum until it sails). e will be the Suite Concierge. He is devastated to be leaving his "home of eight years" the Radiance and to be leaving his "Australian family".

I keep telling him that it is a complement that he has been selected for a new ship - but he loves it here.

Now I need to go on a trip to sail on Anthem.

Raina