Opinions About the Constellation

Eddie's Girl

We are considering a B2B TA and Baltic April/May 2014. What I would like to hear about your Constellation experience. I know she is a older, smaller ship than the Reflection which we will do a B2B on this fall. What do I need to know? :)

Constellation is smaller than Reflection, but I certainly wouldn't call her small! Have sailed her twice and would do it again in a heartbeat.

What specific questions do you have?

Joe

We had not been on the Constellation in a few years and saw some negative posts about her on this site. We thought we might be spoiled by the Silhouette but we found the Constellation was just as good as our first trip ,don't let the bad comments get you second guessing yourself you will have a great trip . The one thing we love about the Constellation is the T-pool try when everyone else is dining you will have it all to yourself. Have a great trip.

I also have questions about Constellation staterooms, as am also thinking about the TA next year in Spring. Cannot really find any info on here about rooms, although have searched. Wish there was a spreadsheet as useful as the S class one Library Lady has done.

The website gives only one class of regular Veranda rooms, plus 2 classes of accessable rooms. Is this really true, as am used to many different categories of the S class. Just wonder if things are missing on the website or what? Familiar with S class Veranda rooms but need some clue as to what rooms are unobstructed and fairly midship. Have never sailed in Ocean View but would like some hints as to what are decent in that caregory as well. Called Celebrity and the person I talked to knew about the same as I know which is little.

Glad someone started this thread as I do love the S class but am willing to try M class with this itinerary. Thanks to all!

Hi Eddie's Girl,

We've sailed on Constellation many times, and twice over the past 2 months. Both recent sailings were outstanding. Connie's also having a Drydock in a couple of weeks, with some new addtions like Aqua Class Cabins and BLU.

I wouldnt hesitate to sail on her again. I hope this helps !

We have sailed on the Connie twice and I would say she is in great ship, her crew is outstanding and you'll have a great time. She is a beautiful ship and we sailed on her a few years ago when we did a 14 day caribbean cruise and had an awesome time. She has many amenties and although she is a little older, she still is a fabulous ship. Given the chance I'd definitely sail on her again.

On the M class ships, Concierge Class and Aqua Class cabins are slightly larger than regular verandas. The AQ cabins on 11 will be added during dry dock this spring. There are also the "sweet sixteen" cabins which have extra large verandas. Finally, the M class ships have a great passenger to space ratio (although not as good as these ships prior to solstizicing).

We did the Connie for the first time on early Feb this year. Really liked her and enjoyed her crew and the slightly smaller ship that is well laid out.

We also did the Millie to Hawaii in Nov and have found that the M class is quite nice for us, as we like the older style of ship. However, the Equinox last year was lovely and modern. So each has its own benefits, but I would do another M class in a minute!!

Just got off of a B2B cruise doing the Constellation and the Reflection. In many ways we liked the Constellation better. Both had a friendly crew but the Officers seemed more personable, friendlier and visible on the Constellation.

There is more storage in the cabins on the M class. The T pool is a nice feature. If you use stairs instead using the elevators there are less decks.

The Reflection is a beautiful ship and has a lot of nice features that are not on the Constellation but I would be content and happy on either one.

I would say the only thing you need to know is what date you are sailing so you don't miss the ship. :D

This is a review I posted on a UK site of our cruise on Connie last September.

Had a few issues on the ship, we had a small balcony. We were not aware of this when we booked, but Celebrity in Miami insisted we were. We have a 30 square foot balcony, as apposed to a 42 square foot described in the brochure. Our compensation-- a bottle of wine!

We opted for \'anytime dining\', thinking it would be like it was on the Independence of the Seas where we really enjoyed it, the maitre’d and waiters were fantastic, wrong! You will sit where you are told, you cannot choose table area or waiter. We gave up after 4 nights when we were given a table and the waiter said \'what are you doing here’. We ate in the in the self-service restaurant for the rest of the cruise, friendly waiters and hot food. Very upset when we got home and found out others had reserved tables and times on anytime dining.

We were promised $500 on board credit when booking, but were only were given $300, and frankly, were so fed up with the whole cruise, we did not even argue!

Not even going to mention the last passengers property left in the cabin, broken tiles in the shower, tears in the bed sheets and the dirty balcony flooded and un-useable for 2 days.

We cancelled 2 further cruises on returning home, and complained to Celebrity, we did get the deposits for the cancelled cruises back, but in the form of vouchers for future cruises to be taken within 2 years. Some hope of us booking Celebrity again!

Looking back we put it down to the fact that a lot of the staff had been transferred to Reflection, and further staff left during the cruise. A lot of the new staff were out of their depth. It was certainly the worst cruise we have ever had in 22 years. We were not alone in our thoughts, a couple we met at the 'happy hour' were preparing to disembark at the next port, although in the end they did stay onboard.

Richard

I was pleasantly surprised how good Constellation was despite not being the prettiest ship afloat and would happily sail on her again despite her age.

My daughter is currently working on board and I hope to provide updates via her of the dry dock work in a few weeks time.

We are sailing for the first time on the Constellation May 20 to Scandinavia. Can anyone tell me the name of the daily schedule that Celebrity provides. On RCCL it's the Compass and on Princess, it's the Patters. :)

The "daily" on Celebrity is called Celebrity Today. :)

For cabin information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=755717

We have sailed many back to back cruises on Reflection, Solstice and Eclipse up to two months in a row.

We are presently booked on Constellation for a two month Mediterranean Odyssey this fall.

Given the choice on the same itineraries, we will always prefer Constellation. It just feels like home.

Constellation does not have the wow factor of the new ships but she is more practical and offers my favourite venue: The Rendezvous Lounge.

The crew is always great.

We were on b2b2b in February and had an excellent cruise. We had read some negative reports but honestly I have no idea where they got their impressions from. She is going for a refit and yes, there were a few odd areas of wear but certainly nothing to spoil a holiday. Everywhere was extremely clean.

The exceptional thing about the Constellation is her staff.:D from cleaners to Captain they are so friendly. Nothing is too much trouble for them to sort for you. Our Captains Club host was the best we have ever had. Wonderful entertainment - we didn't enjoy the comedian but most did - very subjective!

B2b arrangements were excellent, easy - we walked into Miami to do some shopping.

Enjoy the Constellation as she is overall one of the best ships as sea.

For cabin information:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=755717

We have sailed many back to back cruises on Reflection, Solstice and Eclipse up to two months in a row.

We are presently booked on Constellation for a two month Mediterranean Odyssey this fall.

Given the choice on the same itineraries, we will always prefer Constellation. It just feels like home.

Constellation does not have the wow factor of the new ships but she is more practical and offers my favourite venue: The Rendezvous Lounge.

The crew is always great.

Thanks so much for the link for cabin info, Xellent. And I am so glad to hear all the "thumbs up" for the Connie. This is the next cruise for us. Thanks everybody:)

Hi there!!

We live just east of you, off of 40 & Spoede. We were on the Connie in January and again last week! We LOVE this class of ship for its size. The staff, crew, officers are as friendly and helpful as on any ship we have sailed if not a notch above!!!! If you would like to contact me, I am happy to share our experiences. You can come over and see the dailies, obviously, a short Caribbean is considerably different than your B2B Baltic plan!! We have been on all of this class multiple times except the Infinity, which we have booked for December!! My email is sfs222@sbcglobal.net

Tasos will be taking over as Master when the dry dock starts. He is a very upbeat and friendly person who will become a popular Captain. My best wishes to him and those who cruise the Connie.

Hi,

I am glad to read positive comments on the Celebrity Constellation. Recently, I booked a 5-night Caribbean cruise on this ship for February 2014. I have cruised aboard the Millennium and the Summit (prior to their refits), but this will be my first time on this ship. I booked one of the new ocean view staterooms on Deck 3 that is being added during the upcoming drydock. I think it will be good to have a new stateroom with a very large window (I have read a lot of positive feedback on the comparable staterooms that have been added to the other M-Class ships).

Chuck

We really like both the Constellation and the Millenium. We have had great cruises on both. There are always variances between sailings based on entertainment, chef, management, and crew.

We would not hesitate to book either of these ships again.

Rating a ship is based on personal likes/dislikes. You'll find some people who love it and some people who hate it. We've done four cruises on the Connie. the latest being a 27 day b2b this past November/December, and can't say one single negative thing about it in all our experiences, Like other people have said, "we'd book ths ship again in a heartbeat".

Archived