Room service question

Stickman505

Call Room Service to pick up the dirty tray or if your cabin steward has not yet cleaned your cabin, he will see to it being removed.

Do not ever place the tray in the hallway. It is a moving ship and could cause someone to have an accident in addition to obstructing the passage of wheelchairs and scotters etc

When we order room service, we ask where to put the trays when finished. Without exception we have been told to put them in the hallway, so we that is what we do.

If you are unsure what to do, I would advise to ask when you are placing your room service order.

Call Room Service to pick up the dirty tray or if your cabin steward has not yet cleaned your cabin, he will see to it being removed.

Do not ever place the tray in the hallway. It is a moving ship and could cause someone to have an accident in addition to obstructing the passage of wheelchairs and scotters etc

Well said - I so agree with all of this! On one cruise, our next door neighbours left their many room service trays outside OUR door every day. The first time they did this, I stepped right in a plate full of gravy!

When we order room service, we ask where to put the trays when finished. Without exception we have been told to put them in the hallway, so we that is what we do.

You're right. It depends on the cruise line!

On Carnival people are told to put their empty trays in the hallway.

I'm not sure what RCCL tells you to do (we didn't order room service) ... but the hallways on Oasis OTS was always cluttered with trays.

Princess, HAL, and Celebrity we're ask to call when we were finished and they'd come to get it.

LuLu

~~~~

I'd appreciate it if someone could explain the most appropriate way to return dirty dishes after consuming a meal in a cabin.

I've seen dirty dishes placed on the floors of passage ways but it seems a bit unattractive.

they will most likely tell you to leave it in the passageway.

I left mine in the room, on the table or bar. but then again, I always had RS before turndown so I knew the steward would take care of it for me.

I agree and find it nasty to see have eaten bits on someones place sitting in the hallway.

We always leave our tray with the plates stacked in a corner of the cabin and either call for room service to take it away or wait for the steward to remove when they clean the cabin.

Jonathan

Room service personal has a master cabin key and can enter when you aren't there...hmmm :confused:

Not on HAL they don't.

Room Service stewards cannot enter a cabin unless the occupant opens the door for them. A cabin steward normally will not let them enter..... with some exceptions.

Well said - I so agree with all of this! On one cruise, our next door neighbours left their many room service trays outside OUR door every day. The first time they did this, I stepped right in a plate full of gravy!

Thanks everyone!

I think the best suggestion was to put it outside your neighbor's door ( just kidding, honest).

:D:D:D

It was you, wasn't it?

:D:D:D

Archived