Alfredo's

hpeabody

yes, it was open from 11:30AM to 11:30PM on embarkation day and the rest of the week it was open from noon to midnight. (I save my patters and am just going through all my stuff from the 11-10 sailing) sorry, I do not have a picture of the menu, but we ate there several times and loved it! Also, you will have to try the Gelato place (the turtle sundae was to die for!!!!):D

yes, it was open from 11:30AM to 11:30PM on embarkation day and the rest of the week it was open from noon to midnight. (I save my patters and am just going through all my stuff from the 11-10 sailing) sorry, I do not have a picture of the menu, but we ate there several times and loved it! Also, you will have to try the Gelato place (the turtle sundae was to die for!!!!):D

Thanks for the info.

The pizza I had on the Sapphire was very good...BUT... I had to order a whole pizza and could only eat 2 slices. What a waste. I wish we could order it by the slice.

Do what Yogi does: "I asked them to cut it in 6 pieces, because I can't eat 8 pieces." :D:D:D

You are right, pizza on Lido is not the quality we are used to. I understand that the ovens are inferior. Save a buck & ruin the product.

Actually, the Lido deck pizza on Royal Princess was much better than I have eaten on other Princess ships (which, honestly, isn't saying a lot). Just that Alfredo's is really better.

We loved Alfredo's! When we were on the Sapphire we went there and noticed they were open for lunch..there was only one other couple eating. The pizza is delicious and whats nice is that you can bring a salad or even a dessert from the IC to bring in there and they don't mind at all..you just can't take your pizza to go. We ate there several times that week:)

No, Alfredo's only on the Grand, Sapphire, Royal

And unless changes have been made to the menu on the Sapphire..the Alfredo's on the Royal had a MUCH more complete menu...pizza,wonderful salads and antipasto, a few pasta dishes including the veal ravioli mentioned above (which was wonderful!) and desserts including a very nice tiramisu. We ate there four times on our Royal cruise!:p

Edited by sunsetbeachgal

When I was on the Sapphire last year they only had pizza in Alfredo's. I had the Tarantina and was disappointed. I never tried it again. I much preferred the pizza on the Lido. Food is so subjective.

My friends just got off the Island and said they had Alfredo's pizza for lunch and loved it. Maybe some of the other ships are adding this lunch to Sabatini's as another lunch option.

Edited by KruzPrincess

Why won’t they let you take the uneaten portion with you to cabin?

Who knows truly "why"? :eek:

We can all speculate "why" & since they don't want anyone to have "takeout" pizza would rather it be thrown away instead. Other passengers might complain after seeing someone take pizza with them not realizing it was leftovers. And we've all seen the loud complainers who make a stink about things so maybe they're trying to standardize the procedure by simply not allowing anyone to remove any pizza. Maybe some passengers have ordered pizzas, eaten a slice & then took the pizza elsewhere which would get around the rules if allowed to take leftover pizza from Alfredo's.

That's merely my "speculations" which definitely are not "facts" but it's doubtful that anyone truly knows "why". ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

We ate at Alfredo's several times on the Royal and thought it was outstanding. The pizza was delicious. We ordered two pizzas. I ate a half of one pizza and my husband ate all the rest! (He is 6 foot 5 and can eat mounds of food without gaining an ounce). I also ordered soup and it was very good. I thought the service was impeccable too. Nice all the way around. I hope that Alfredo's is added to more ships in the fleet.