No self-laundry with iron on Vision of the Seas?

I was just told by customer service no self-laundry with iron on Vision of the Seas, is this correct? I had done search about month ago where someone said vision class ships have one in deck 2, but she said that is not the case. I like to iron my shirts for MDR.

Is the customer service person correct?

I was just told by customer service no self-laundry with iron on Vision of the Seas, is this correct? I had done search about month ago where someone said vision class ships have one in deck 2, but she said that is not the case. I like to iron my shirts for MDR.

Recent laundry/pressing price list:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=39709978&postcount=3813

Edited by clarea

Not only no self service laundry RCI do not permit you to take an iron onboard.

Get yourself some moisture wicking clothing, and bring some tide packets and do the laundry in the sink. We have a system where I do whatever underwear & socks from our pre-night when we get to our cabin. Our moisture wicking socks usually are completely dry the second morning. The underwear is usually dry the very next morning if we wash it the morning before. By contrast, we washed some thin cotton socks (gold toes) and hung them up in our cabin, and they were finally dry 5 to 6 days later.

Also, there's a clothesline in the shower/tub. All have worked well except for the one on Jewel. But we always pack a travel clothesline. Sometimes, we use both the supplied clothesline and our travel one.

Edited by knittinggirl

Hang your wet things (with as much water removed via towels as possible!) from a hanger hanging from the air vent in the cabin. The airflow will make things dry in half the time! There is no airflow in the bathroom!

There has never been and probably never will be self service laundry area's on RCI's ships....If that's what you need PCL has them and after seeing them I wished I had had some laundry and ironing to do... ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks for the info on Wrinkle Release.:)

You can make your own for pennies on the dollar. Just get some liquid fabric softener; Suavitel from $1 store is perfectly fine. Add to an empty spray bottle 1part liquid fabric softener to about 10 parts water.

Works top notch.

You can make your own for pennies on the dollar. Just get some liquid fabric softener; Suavitel from $1 store is perfectly fine. Add to an empty spray bottle 1part liquid fabric softener to about 10 parts water.

Works top notch.

You can get almost the same result with plain water. Just pack an empty spray bottle.

Or if you want to use LMaxwell's idea, there's no need to mix it at home and pack the weight of that bottle. Just pack the empty spray bottle, with just a few ounces of the liquid fabric softener in it. Add the water once you're on board.

When I have had shirts pressed I gave them to the cabin attendent the first evening and they were back the next day.

Same with us, but when we use the wash & fold bag, sometimes it takes two days.

When I have had shirts pressed I gave them to the cabin attendent the first evening and they were back the next day.

We do this as well. Give the cabin steward clothes upon arrival to our stateroom. We ask for press only and have them back the next day.

There has never been and probably never will be self service laundry area's on RCI's ships....If that's what you need PCL has them and after seeing them I wished I had had some laundry and ironing to do... ;)
At least none until they find a way to make it profitable!:rolleyes:

You can get almost the same result with plain water. Just pack an empty spray bottle.

Or if you want to use LMaxwell's idea, there's no need to mix it at home and pack the weight of that bottle. Just pack the empty spray bottle, with just a few ounces of the liquid fabric softener in it. Add the water once you're on board.

I do the same thing: bring a small empty spray bottle. I've tried both diluted fabric softener and plain water. The diluted softener takes longer to dry.

I spray everything when I unpack while it's on the hanger, then hang it in the closet. I smooth out wrinkles after I spray, and all the clothes hanging in the closet create a very slightly humid area. The moisture helps all the wrinkles fall out, and the clothes dry within a few hours - next morning.

When we wear something, an extra spritz may be needed if they've hung for several days.

This works for my husband's cotton dress shirts, too.

There's no way around the no iron on board rules so you would have to send shirts to be pressed by the ship; however, it's easy to do laundry in your cabin-wear your dirty clothes in the shower, soap, rinse, and then wear the clothes til they dry.

Better than in the shower.....wear them to the hot tubs.

After about 15 minutes, grab a lounge chair on the upper decks and lay the stuff out to dry. Looks more professional than a towel for chair hoggers, and nobody is going to remove you whity-ditys or other personal stuff.

Dries in less than an hour and doesn't need pressing.

It is a little stiff, but who cares?

I just wear my clothes wrinkled! Simple, easy, does not bother me, and others around me are wrinkled also!

I agree! And, the more wrinkles in my clothing, the better my skin looks!:D

Sherri:)