Citizen Grant

NJ Fred

It is 10:55 AM here on the east coast. In five minutes, a ceremony will convene in Federal Court in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Celebrity Cruises marquee entertainer Perry Grant will raise his right hand and take the oath that will cause a federal judge to declare and welcome him as a new citizen of the United States of America.

Perry chose to become a citizen for reasons personal to him. Those of us who know him outside the spotlight have always known him to be of the fabric that will be solidly stitched to the red, white and blue of the American flag.

Some might ask if it is possible to bear allegiance to two nations; Perry being born a British subject. Legalities aside, the Perry Grant I have the pleasure to know has an overwhelming allegiance to all of humankind no matter what their national origin. He is a man of principle, peace and love.

Please join with me in welcoming to the official ranks of Americans The BEST Entertainer on the Seven Seas.

Welcome Perry Grant - - American!

It is 10:55 AM here on the east coast. In five minutes, a ceremony will convene in Federal Court in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.

Celebrity Cruises marquee entertainer Perry Grant will raise his right hand and take the oath that will cause a federal judge to declare and welcome him as a new citizen of the United States of America.

Perry chose to become a citizen for reasons personal to him. Those of us who know him outside the spotlight have always known him to be of the fabric that will be solidly stitched to the red, white and blue of the American flag.

Some might ask if it is possible to bear allegiance to two nations; Perry being born a British subject. Legalities aside, the Perry Grant I have the pleasure to know has an overwhelming allegiance to all of humankind no matter what their national origin. He is a man of principle, peace and love.

Please join with me in welcoming to the official ranks of Americans The BEST Entertainer on the Seven Seas.

Welcome Perry Grant - - American!

It's a shame this forum doesn't have a like button! Anyway, consider the like button well and truly pressed!!

It's a wonderful day, for a wonderful entertainer. From our family to yours - Congratulations Perry, and Welcome to America !

Congratulations to Perry! I watched a friend become an American citizen last year--such a moving ceremony! I hope someone bought Perry one of the teddy bears to commemorate his special day. :-)