Ocean View Guarantee Not Honored by RCCL

I agree- I think some of the posters might not realize that the OP is cruising this Monday. With the Revenue Office closed until Tuesday I do not think he/she has much choice. It would not be in my comfort zone to just not show up and hope that it works out for the following week.

Edit Unless they don't show and dispute the charge on their credit card. Not sure about how that would go

No, at this point I would not hope that it works out for the following week. As I see it, our options are either the show up for the room that as assigned or to be a no-show and dispute the American Express charge on the grounds that RCCL did not deliver the product that was charged to the card. We are still not sure which of those options we will take because, if we show up, it will no longer be possible to dispute the charge.

Call them and ask why when you called a TA there were Oceanview cabins available and yes I did check the 9/1 sailing.

I called once more (just now) and was assured that only 4 staterooms are left for that sailing and they are all insides. She even told me the four room numbers and none of them is better than what we were assigned. She had no idea why you received different information.

I called once more (just now) and was assured that only 4 staterooms are left for that sailing and they are all insides. She even told me the four room numbers and none of them is better than what we were assigned. She had no idea why you received different information.

You need to post this on Royal's Facebook page. Bet you'll get prompt service. Companies don't want negative publicity.

So sorry this is happening to you. :(

$150 obc because they couldn't honor their own contract or let you change to a future sailing? Not only unacceptable, but insulting.

What was your original total cost? fare and port fees/tax

I would try one more time. It's called Royal Rep Roulette and it works amazingly well sometimes.

Honestly if they can't honor the guarantee they should just refund your money.

Edited by marci22

You need to post this on Royal's Facebook page. Bet you'll get prompt service. Companies don't want negative publicity.

So sorry this is happening to you. :(

I agree! Put on their FB page and their twitter page and you will get a prompt response.

I actually did get through to someone in Resolutions today but it did not help very much. I told her that we would be willing to reschedule for the following week (9/8, when the web does show available Ocean Views). However, she told me that only someone from "Revenue" could change the reservation because the downgrade had been done by Revenue. Revenue is not available until Tuesday, after the ship sails! She did increase the OBC from $100 to $150 but I still consider that unacceptiible.

Completely unacceptable. And to deliberately call you after anyone with authority had gone for the weekend is despicable. Me, well I come from the '60's sit-in generation and I would anticipate one heck of a backlog at the customer service counter as I demanded to have my contract honored.

I would add put it on RCI FB and Twitter, Accounts. I might even pin your gty confirmation, and Instagram it. I would also see if FL Attorney General has any accounts.

I would again talk to or talk to Amex, and see if someone can't call RCCL today! How to move forward on starting with the dispute.

Good luck! This is beyond not even close to acceptable. Gty means gty!

I really feel for the OP on this one. I booked this cruise at the same time as they did. And decided to go for an inside close the the elevator rather that an assigned OV. It would be me along with the OP if they didn't have the cabin I picked. We have used guarantees before and were satisfied.

But what royal is offering is not acceptable.

I would board and go directly to the LA. And the hotel director, after making noise when getting seapasses.

If corporate can't sort this out, and the Loyalty Ambassador or Hotel Director can't (Honestly it should NOT take that much to get it fixed) I'd be on the Diamond Concierge like stink on **** (after all, everyone claims the concierges make magic happen).

This is a load of garbage from Royal. Loyal customer or first timer this is unacceptable. The OBC offered is an insult, like being spit on.

What a waste of an enjoyable getaway to have to chase around just to get what you PAID FOR.

A good TA would be invaluable at this time , if OP had one :rolleyes:

A TA should not be needed. They booked direct and are being treated like their money doesn't matter. A good TA might help, a bad TA would be useless too, so your comment is just salt in the wound. You must be a TA.

As somebody who does book gty's, I find this upsetting. I understand that once in a great while something (like a plumbing problem) can arise last minute and take a cabin or two out of service. if it were something like that, I'd have respected RCI if they'd given the OP a choice of full refund, postponement or lesser cabin with OBC. But they refused to refund the OP when asked; that is bad.

I live a long way from port. if I got such I call, I'd likely feel stuck taking a downgrade and OBC because of air fare, hotel reservation, time off work, etc. Bad enough that Ssomebody like me would be stuck, but horrible that RCI did not give this flexible Op all possible options. and to call Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend after everybody left just adds insult to injury.

Edited by Starry Eyes

A good TA would be invaluable at this time ,to resolve this issue thru their contacts , if OP had one :rolleyes:

Maybe a good travel agent could help, unless of course all those contacts were out for the holiday weekend. :rolleyes:

and a so-so TA might not have any good contacts or might be gone for the long weekend themselves, leaving the least experienced agent to cover for the holiday:rolleyes:

and a bad TA would be gone for the weekend without anybody covering. and then the guest would be I worse shape.:rolleyes:

Maybe a good travel agent could help, unless of course all those contacts were out for the holiday weekend. :rolleyes:

and a so-so TA might not have any good contacts or might be gone for the long weekend themselves, leaving the least experienced agent to cover for the holiday:rolleyes:

and a bad TA would be gone for the weekend without anybody covering. and then the guest would be I worse shape.:rolleyes:

I would say Amex is a better person/place to be handling this then a TA.

Is that Amex card a RCCL Amex? If this doesn't teach us something book with RCCL card.

Royal corporate is gone for the weekend. Which is beyond not acceptable. At hotels.com there was always people on holiday shifts to deal. If not us CS would handle and deal with the backlash later that usually never came cause we found a way out 98% of the time!

I almost booked a gty on Ms. O Last night until this and 3 other incidents just like this broke out with pretty much the same end result. RCCL is not taking care of there clients even close to correct. I find this way beyond disturbing.

Several people have asked HOW MUCH DID YOU PAY PER PERSON FOR THE CABIN?

The price really of no consequence. If the OP booked when I did it was $109 pp for an OV guarantee. And the remaining cabins were insides at $109. When I booked I would have taken the guarantee but got an inside close to the elevator, so I took that.