Ocean View Guarantee Not Honored by RCCL

They are still showing here- 1st September, Enchantment to the Bahamas for 4 nights....? 3202 -3204 -3208 all outsides. I'm looking at the lights blinking......!

https://cruise.expedia.com/book/SelectCabin5.aspx?RtOptCode=A4237270&Sail_ID=MJ01140901MJ04S097&item=829321&Transaction=5&Shp=648&RateType=ON SALE&CatID=12627&Upgr=0&TnsType=O&ButtonID=ucCabinType_lstDetailOceanview_ctl04_lblCategoryName

I am looking there, too, and there is only this:

http://cruise.expedia.com/SelectCategory5.aspx?item=871979&tpid=1&eapid=0

All interiors.

Oceanview says:

Oceanview Cabins

Sold Out — from $0/nt!

I don't know about this OP, but I can't be an an interior cabin! OP use that to! OP booked to a level they needed, and I would remind RCI 4 them to find another solution that is not an interior cabin! This is beyond not cool! This is the 4th issue I have heard today! I have been heavily weighing a gty ocn view on Oasis! If I booked it better be that!

Seems like RCI hit the sale panic button too late (almost all inside and OV cabins, including the Y GTY rates dropped to $109 for this sailing on Monday 8/25) and brought too many people off the sidelines without enough inventory. Should be interesting to see what happens.

Edited by kemenyg

I hope that you'll still have a wonderful vacation and that you won't have to spend a big part of it feeling stressed over this ridiculous situation. It's such a no-brainer it's not even funny. Come on RCCL, make this right before they get on board. We know somebody reads here.

Wow! That's completely wrong. They absolutely have to do better than that. When the airlines oversell by two seats, they certainly comp the bumped pax a great deal more than $100 to split between the two of them.

Don't settle for this. Call again.

As the OP might not be the only person on their cruise with this problem, I would recommend they arrive early, figure out who is in charge, and make sure they are first on the list for any redress of the issue.

And the funny issue is, with the price dropping so low, I would guess it is not so much the money, but about the experience they wanted to have. For RCI having a cabin availability problem, but refusing even to refund/reschedule even a lower fare, that just does not make sense. Again, it seems that the exception handling procedure is either broken, or even worse, designed to produce a few very unhappy passengers at the cost RCI's profits.

In any future communications, I would also point to this thread (give them the URL) and say you would post whatever resolution they did, nor did not, subsequently offer and happen.

Try again today and ask for Resolutions. I believe that on one of those threads the person got thru to them on a Saturday. Not a holiday weekend though but I would give it another shot. Good luck

I actually did get through to someone in Resolutions today but it did not help very much. I told her that we would be willing to reschedule for the following week (9/8, when the web does show available Ocean Views). However, she told me that only someone from "Revenue" could change the reservation because the downgrade had been done by Revenue. Revenue is not available until Tuesday, after the ship sails! She did increase the OBC from $100 to $150 but I still consider that unacceptiible.

NOT good at all. We recently booked our first RCI cruise in some time. It is a balcony gty. We expect a balcony.

Based on this post we wonder if in future we should even book gty's with RCI or book with them at all. Never had this issue on any other cruise line.

We had an assigned balcony on a 14 day Princess SA cruise last Feb. In Dec Princess told us they were overbooked. The 'move over' offer if we were prepared to give up our balcony cabin:

-full refund on our cruise

-free 14 day cruise, any cruise, but the departure date had to within a year from our original date

-upgrade from balcony to mini-suite

-refund of up to $300. for any air re-scheduling costs (in our case we only needed $180.)

Took us all of 10 seconds to accept that offer!

THAT IS HOW IT IS DONE RCI!

Edited by iancal

I actually did get through to someone in Resolutions today but it did not help very much. I told her that we would be willing to reschedule for the following week (9/8, when the web does show available Ocean Views). However, she told me that only someone from "Revenue" could change the reservation because the downgrade had been done by Revenue. Revenue is not available until Tuesday, after the ship sails! She did increase the OBC from $100 to $150 but I still consider that unacceptiible.

Bummer- I would bring all the paperwork with me and go directly to GS one onboard and maybe an OV room will be available at that time.

I would not wait.

By boarding and occupying your cabin you are tacitly agreeing to the downgrade.

This is a very shabby business practice. Where I live they call it 'bait and switch'.

There consumer laws to protect people from this nonsense. Too bad cruise lines seem immune from them.

Edited by iancal

I would not wait.

By boarding and occupying your cabin you are tacitly agreeing to the downgrade.

This is a very shabby business practice. Where I live they call it 'bait and switch'.

There consumer laws to protect people from this nonsense. Too bad cruise lines seem immune from them.

I don't think the OP has any other choice but to board as if they don't they will be considered a "no show".

Op, sorry to hear this happened to you...I am also on this sailing...one of the people who snagged a last minute deal on Monday....but by the time I booked there were NO OV cabins showing as available...I would keep pressing the issue...at the very least for more OBC....a great deal is only good if you are getting what you paid for...and you aren't...

I don't think the OP has any other choice but to board as if they don't they will be considered a "no show".

I agree- I think some of the posters might not realize that the OP is cruising this Monday. With the Revenue Office closed until Tuesday I do not think he/she has much choice. It would not be in my comfort zone to just not show up and hope that it works out for the following week.

Edit Unless they don't show and dispute the charge on their credit card. Not sure about how that would go

Edited by molly361

Interiors on that cruise are now listed at $149/pp. I would at least expect to get a refund of the difference between $149 and what the guarantee cost you. Anything less than that would be totally unacceptable.