Just got Offered the $199 p/p upgrade to a mini-suite on Pacific Princess

St Paul Girl

HI Everyone, just got offered the "upgrade" to a mini-suite on the Pacific Princess, Oct 28, 2015 Tahiti cruise, from our BA Category cabin(balcony, mid-ship deck 7.)

We choose mid-ship for a reason and would want the mini-suite to be right above our chosen cabin. The email said that we should call them to discuss further and we have until Sept 23 to decide.

Any advise is appreciated on helping us to make this decision.

Norine & Gary

I'm a big fan of the more space the better. While a cruise in any cabin is awesome! If you can upgrade, and it doesn't stretch the budget to a breaking point, I'd go for it.

Of course the downside, if you really enjoy it, it might be tough to go back.

Enjoy :)

While they are certainly larger, be careful about location. There's a public deck above the mini-suites and some locations will be noisier than others.

I've heard (but not experienced personally) that those cabins under the open deck can also get quite warm when the sun is heating the deck above.

Sounds like a sweet deal to me. Have you called yet? They have you call and leave a message, then when they return the call, you want to be ready to pull up a deck plan and assess individual cabins. I took an upsell recently and had a lot of cabins to choose from.

A couple little things: If you have the Princess travel insurance, you will probably have to take a bump in that, and of course the mini comes with a higher daily gratuity.

Jim

Sounds like a sweet deal to me. Have you called yet? They have you call and leave a message, then when they return the call, you want to be ready to pull up a deck plan and assess individual cabins. I took an upsell recently and had a lot of cabins to choose from.

A couple little things: If you have the Princess travel insurance, you will probably have to take a bump in that, and of course the mini comes with a higher daily gratuity.

Jim

Hi Everyone:

Thanks for the advise. Princess called us back at 10:30AM this morning and we decided on Mini-suite 8038 which is "mid-ship", same location as our initial cabin. We idin't take the insurance so the upcharge was $199p/p plus we had to pay an extra 10% due to our Canadian dollar.

Thanks and have a great cruise.

Norine & Gary

Congrats!

I also took an upsell last week. Mine was $229 pp from Balcony to Mini for a 10 day cruise. I thought about it and made the call. The agent called me the next day around 11am. I had a print out of all deck plans with Minis available (since computers are not accessible at work most of the time).

Couldn't be any happier now! enjoy!

• 1 year later...
HI Everyone, just got offered the "upgrade" to a mini-suite on the Pacific Princess, Oct 28, 2015 Tahiti cruise, from our BA Category cabin(balcony, mid-ship deck 7.)

We choose mid-ship for a reason and would want the mini-suite to be right above our chosen cabin. The email said that we should call them to discuss further and we have until Sept 23 to decide.

Any advise is appreciated on helping us to make this decision.

Norine & Gary

How long was your cruise. Am on the Pacific in October on a 12 day trip. Have booked a rear facing balcony but would upgrade if offered your price

• 3 months later...

My upcoming cruise was sold out for a week. Now 8 mini suites show as unsold. I would imagine their might be offers from Premium Balconies. Am considering it. Huge rooms on that ship. Wonder how 8 got cancelled after the final payment which was 2 weeks ago

Darn. I saw Pacific Princess Tahiti cruise and got excited thinking Princess had listened to all of us who have been begging for the ship to French Polynesia. Then I saw the date. Too bad so sad.

Don't you just "love it" when someone revives a 2 year old thread? :rolleyes:

Don't you just "love it" when someone revives a 2 year old thread? :rolleyes:

No. [emoji4] lol

I wish the moderators would lock them after so much inactive time. I don't know what the "right amount of time" is, but sometimes it can be confusing when something old gets revived.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My upcoming cruise was sold out for a week. Now 8 mini suites show as unsold. I would imagine their might be offers from Premium Balconies. Am considering it. Huge rooms on that ship. Wonder how 8 got cancelled after the final payment which was 2 weeks ago

How do you know they were canceled? They may have come available due to upsells/upgrades etc.

They may have never been sold. Princess can hold cabins back even though the sailing shows sold out.

There is no way to figure out what is what without being behind the scenes.