Mouthwash

denmarks

Has anyone had problems with Princess thinking you are smuggling liquor onboard when you put mouthwash in a container. The size mouthwash I purchase is too much for a 15 day cruise and I want to use a pint plastic bottle.

Even if they did think you were, you would be called to the naughty room...one quick sniff of the bottle contents would confirm its not for your afternoon cocktail!

Even if they did think you were, you would be called to the naughty room...one quick sniff of the bottle contents would confirm its not for your afternoon cocktail!

Would it just be better to put into your carry on bag so you do not have to worry about that?

Would it just be better to put into your carry on bag so you do not have to worry about that?

I guess it couldn't hurt. Just make sure it's not in your carry on when you go through TSA security before a flight (unless it's 3 oz or less ;) ).

You should be able to purchase the small "sample size" or "hotel size" bottles at most supermarkets or places such as Target or CVS. One doesn't need a tremendous amount of mouthwash so a few small bottles of that type should suffice for most cruises.

I just purchased a 8.5 oz bottle of mouthwash today at CVS. I plan on bringing it sealed on my cruise next week. The top is sealed with "Listerine" written all over it. No confusion.

Actually, there are people with the skills to change out the contents and make the seal look untouched. This is one reason Carnival no longer allows any liquids in bottles to be brought on board.

Actually, there are people with the skills to change out the contents and make the seal look untouched. This is one reason Carnival no longer allows any liquids in bottles to be brought on board.

So

I can't take

Mouthwash

Shampoo

Conditioner

Medication

Cough Syrup

among many other things on Carnival anymore?

Or is the reality that I can't take any drink in a bottle?

So

I can't take

Mouthwash

Shampoo

Conditioner

Medication

Cough Syrup

among many other things on Carnival anymore?

Or is the reality that I can't take any drink in a bottle?

Hard to answer as nobody has posted (that I have read) on the Carnival board what happens if you try to take bottles of those items (other than medication) on board.

Carnival has found passengers smuggling alcohol in just about any container imaginable.

We always purchase mouthwash at a local store by the port, leave it sealed and carry it on board. We never had a a question nor an issue, not once, no matter what size the bottle. We have also purchased a replacement supply on longer cruises at a port of call and just carried it on board. Even if we did get a question we can open it and one smell would reveal it is mouthwash. Carry on what you require.

You should be able to purchase the small "sample size" or "hotel size" bottles at most supermarkets or places such as Target or CVS. One doesn't need a tremendous amount of mouthwash so a few small bottles of that type should suffice for most cruises.

That's what we do and it's worked for us.

We're going to be gone for three weeks next month and I'm bring a 500 ml bottle of mouthwash and a large tube of toothpaste.

I'm not a compulsive tooth-brusher/mouthwash user by any means, but with all of the spicy food and being around so many other people, I probably brush my teeth about five times a day.:eek: It's surprising how fast it gets used up!

Anyway, I just make sure that it's a new, sealed container and so far it hasn't been a problem. And if I'm flying, I make sure it's in the checked luggage.;)

Has anyone had problems with Princess thinking you are smuggling liquor onboard when you put mouthwash in a container. The size mouthwash I purchase is too much for a 15 day cruise and I want to use a pint plastic bottle.

I just use a good minty toothpaste & skip the mouthwash altogether. Solves the problem!

They do sell nearly all brands of mouthwash in 16 ounce bottles at any pharmacy or supermarket. Although I normally buy large bottles at Costco or BJs, when traveling we simply pick up a smaller bottle of the appropriate size. The bottles are sealed which helps dispel any suspicion of the luggage police and also helps ensure they do not leak.

Hank

• 1 year later...